[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be depressed and anxious because I'm weak and skinny-fat.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: sad stranger.jpg (4 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
sad stranger.jpg
4 KB, 100x100
>be depressed and anxious because I'm weak and skinny-fat.
>diagnosed with clinical depression for over a decade
>learn everything I need to learn about proper form, fitness and nutrition
>Stick to a plan for a month or so
>something makes me super depressed
>literally cannot do anything during depressive episode
>episode lasts for over a month
>lose all progress I made
>repeat cycle

I just can't do it anymore guys.

I'm sorry, I don't know where else to post this. I just want to express myself.
>>
I'm depressed too nigga. Certified and everything.

Have you tried antidepressants?
>>
>>36536684

I've tried Citalopram and Trintellix. Both didn't work.

I'm too scared/lazy to try any more.
>>
Y'all need spirituality

I'm offering this video for your reflection:
https://youtu.be/4N_jjY7W_fs
>>
>>36536639

Forgive yourself and try your best. Even if you just go for a walk you've accomplished something, and you're going to feel a lot less shitty.

Just do one single thing that you can feel good about today. Win it.
We're gonna make it bruh.
>>
>>36536734
you are now picturing this man taking a shit
>>
Try LSD. It can cure everything.
>>
>>36536734

>so depressed that I can't do anything and go into fits of rage and sadness for a month at least
>guy says "if you have severe depression, this talk is not for you."

Fuck off
>>
>>36536772

So fuckin' true.

Taking LSD just once lets you turn your life around.
>>
>>36536753

It's never good enough.

The amount of energy that I need to invest to see results exceeds the amount I have on the daily.

It's literally impossible to make it when I have to deal with shit like this.

And I'm so sick of everyone around me giving me tough-love spiels, platitudes and contempt for it. I'm just fucked and I can honestly see the logic behind suicide.
>>
>>36536820
Are you serious?
>>
>>36536832

It seems to me like you're getting overwhelmed with a bunch if things. Try and break it down into smaller tasks.

Also, try meditating. It basically teaches you how to shut off your brain for a little while. Brought me back from the edge, Brother. I had weeks where I spent my whole day zoned out.

Running is a good way to meditate without getting bored. Maybe a couch to 5k will help ease you into it. Then all you have to do is what the lady in your phone tells you.
>>
>>36536639
when I am depressed I hit the road bike and ride out about 30ish miles to some random remote area in the mountains, then I just chill and come back to normal. Then I blast as fast as I can down the mountains and risk my life for speed just to remind myself that I am still alive.
>>
>>36536889

I can't shut out the flood of negative thoughts and emotions when I don't have a distraction. My sleep schedule is absolutely fucked up (sleep at 6am wake up at 3pm) because I am too afraid to be isolated with my own mind.

I'll try the couch to 5k routine. I already have a weightlifting routine that doesn't see any results because I just keep fucking up with consistency in my nutrition.

I can't lay in my own bed, let alone meditate. If I have energy and an empty mind, it just gets flooded with the same ruminations.

>>36536891

I need something like this in my life. I'm so sick and tired of being a weak pussy. I'm scared of other men and I can't function in the real world. I can't work or do anything. I just want there to be some sort of invasion so I can grab my bolt-action rifle and shoot some people; and if I fuck up and die, at least it's by a bullet and not because they are stronger than me.
>>
Hey OP i was diagnosed major depression as well. First thing you have to do is ditch that stupid fucking label because it means jack shit except to psychiatrists and psychologists, but DESU it is totally possible to work toward happiness on your own. Without drugs and without therapy.

The most important thing you can do is know who you are and love the fuck out of yourself.

Find what you love to do. Figure out what makes you feel alive when you feel like you're dead at the core and can't enjoy anything else at all. IT IS THERE, you just need to find it.
>>
Hey OP, how's your finances looking?
>>
>>36536995

I'm unemployed (I cant hold a job) and I live with my dad.

I have no money of my own.
>>
>>36536832
Like I said, LSD or some other form of Psycadelics.
It can cure everything in 12 hours.
Just do your research first.
Its a reason it cures hard drug addicts when all else fails.

There is a way out. Youre just gonna have to be fed up by being fed up.
Good luck.
>>
>>36536781
>so depressed that I can't do anything and go into fits of rage and sadness for a month at least
So what keeps you going actually?

Asking everyone ITT tbhf

Why not just get it over with?
>>
>>36537061

Process of killing myself is too much work for me now, and a slight hope that things might be different.

I guess.
>>
>>36537061

If i breathe, i hope
>>
>>36536639
Have you tried to meditate?

I know life can be tough man, we all feel depression to some point. You might have it bad enough to need help for it. Keep seeking help and don't give up.

Just remember live in the moment, observe what is right in front of you. Take it all in objectively. Rekindle the past flame that once burned bright with imagination when you were a child. The excitement you could experience from a simple moment that seems boring and everyday to us now.

In all reality no moment is the same and to observe this objective allows you to shed the future/past mind sets and re-adapt to momentary thinking.
>>
>>36536639
From the bottom of my heart OP, you should kill yourself. Free your father from the awful burden on his life that is your existence. There are a variety of quick and painless ways to do it. Google is your friend.
>>
>>36536639
Bro I'm right the with you. Gym work makes life somewhat better. Force yourself to lift because afterwards you will feel good about yourself for leaving your comfort zone.

We can and will make it but you have to try. /fit/ is where I feel the least isolated. Y'all my niggaz
>>
>>36537102

Fuck you and your daddy issues, loser.

OP, I have faith in you.
>>
>>36537102
Fellow depressedfag here.
I agree with anon, OP
If you can't get a job by the end of the week I say become an hero. Not at home though, you don't want to leave a mess for your father.
>>
>>36537102
>From the bottom of my heart OP, you should kill yourself
This.

Depressedfags used to be a non-issue. Life is too hard for you? Well.. who gives a shit? Enjoy dying because you can't get out of bed lmao. 0/10 biological, individual, social value.

Nowadays
>omg hope u get well xD
>belieb!!!!!!

Literally wut.

Society and its quirks man..
>>
>>36536639
I've got clinical depression too man. Lifting is the one thing that has always gotten me to get out of bed and has given me something to look forward to. My mental health has improved by the fuckload ever since I started seeing results. Make going to the gym something automatic. Yes it will take time to get to an ideal physique but at least you are working toward something. Find something you can build towards OP, (it doesn't have to be lifting) and I can promise that you will find a shred of happiness in that hell maybe more
>>
Hey Op i'm 23 y/o 6'2 @ 165lbs (down from 240 in October) Skinnyfat AF warcraft nerd, couldn't do 5 pushups, no lean mass and shitty diet for over a decade.

Lifting since starting "cut". Eat 1450kcal clean 90% of days since i started. I have never lifted weights while eating above my TDEE.

(Start)Current
(85)115lb Bench
(125)165lb Squat
(60)80lb OHP
(135)225 Dead

I feel like a faggot piece of shit everytime i go to the gym and do this babyweight, i can feel the eyes and smiles of the roidheads on my back at all times. I stopped even looking in females directions. I am filled with self hate to the brim. There is nothing anyone can say to make me feel worse about myself.

I lift every single other day. The only thing that takes the pain away is smashing my body.
>>
>>36536772
>goes insane commits suicide
Yeah fuck that unless you're doing a low fuckin dose that shit is dangerous
>>
>LSD
>Not Psilocybin

They also got this shit in Hiawatha that is a monitored trip by doctors. Only the trip sucks and makes you feel like shit, throwing up etc. But it opens the fuck out of your mind at the end and changes your perspective. I know 2 fats and 1 heroin addict who stopped cold turkey after it, they said they felt like they were living a dream up until they went.
>>
>>36537429

did shrooms, didn't solve my hopelessness. eased it for several hours, but that's about it.

i got happy sober, brah
>>
i'm trying
>>
>>36536772
Yikes for severe depression LSD is a pretty sketchy rec
>>
>>36536639
Ok so,

>>learn everything I need to learn about proper form, fitness and nutrition
>>Stick to a plan for a month or so

Don't beat your self up about it, honestly. You went from not working out to "learning everything and sticking to it for a month".

To turn around from not eating properly and not working out to doing it takes a lot of will power. Changing those habits takes years usually. Do not expect to go from a useless fuck to a fitness superstar in one month. IT. TAKES. TIME.

We don't know what approach you took but as a beginner, how about chill out and don't set the standards at perfect? How about you set your goal to "i will do my full body work out 3 times a week" and then you do that. And then that becomes easier.

And then you add "i will not eat shit" and then you do both of those things and then that becomes easier. Then you do "i will now eat lots of protein" and then you do all those tree things.

Take one step at the time, if you try doing all of those it will burn your will power and you will end up not doing any of it. Use the will power to implement one step at a time and once that step is implemented you don't use will power on it and so you can incorporate the next step.

Its a long road and you will most likely fall of plenty of times but over time you'll get there.
>>
>>36538712

For pretty much any mental issue its sketchy. The stuff has some legitimate medical uses but it ain't to be fucked around with, especially not solo.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.