[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Fitness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 13
File: 1373499.jpg (110 KB, 594x394) Image search: [Google]
1373499.jpg
110 KB, 594x394
any milbros ever done Stew Smith's running routine? Or any of his routines in general.
Am working on maxing the Army PFT before talking to a recruiter. Am currently stalling at about a 250. I also do a modified SS with weekly progression. My run times have actually started to decline the past couple weeks, so I think my legs aren't recovering properly. I'm thinking of dropping lifting for a couple months and just focus on running and calisthenics until I can score a 300, then incorporate some weights again.

Running routine:
http://site.stewsmithptclub.com/6weekrunningplan.pdf

Usually i just run two 3-miles and one 6-mile. This routine has a lot more 1/4 mile intervals and such.
>>
All you need to get into the army is the ability to lift your own body weight a few times like a couple of pull ups and run a few miles in a good time.
When I joined my hobby was running so I could do 6 - 7 miles in 45 minutes. I could do about five pull ups and weighed about 125lbs.
They dont want some roided up freak who can deadlift 700lbs.
>>
>>36536030
True, I have desire to be a monster lifter. I just want a decent strength base to prevent injury while under a ruck. I don't usually squat above 225x5 or deadlift above 255x5
>>
>>36535907

I'm in the Army and what we usually do is 60-120's and AGR runs. Also pt test is easy as fuck. I got a 292 on my first one.
>>
>>36536077

Listen nigger. The rucks are gonna suck dick no matter what. Even females that I did basic with completed their 20k ruck march.
>>
>>36536077
Bro just ruck more. Load up some heavy ass shit and walk!
>>
>>36536104
>>36536126

I have no doubt I can complete the rucks. I currently ruck twice a week with a 45 lb pack. I'm not concerned about the long ones sucking, I know they will. I've just read a lot online about how having the muscular strength to bear the load is the key to preventing injuries. Especially at SFAS.

Which is why I want to be maxing out the Ranger APFT before talking to a recruiter. Going for an 18X contract.

>inb4 this faggot can't max the test and wants an 18X contract
I'm aware I'm currently not in shape for it. Hope to be in 6 months
>>
>>36536168

Okay, listen here. I have talked to so many guys like you that always go for these hooah hooah shit that are pre-basic. Take my advice. Join the Army and get a combat support or combat MOS. Get some experience being a normal fucking joe so you can have some knowledge going into selection. There are SSG's, SFC, and Sgt's who I know who have failed schools such as ranger, sf, sapper, pathfinder, etc. Keep in mind these nco's were high speed shit with a bunch of deployments and other school experience like blc, wlc, alc, air assault, and airborne.
>>
Cannot walk into a gym without singing the words "THE BEND AND REACH" inside my head or out loud anymore. Is this common?
>>
>>36536386

You must be fresh out.
>>
Army vet here. I havent heard of the guy. So I don't do his workouts. I'm retired for some time but I still fit. I take an annual pt test. Last year I scored 258. I am taking my annual apft next week.

I would suggest running often, running variety of distances, and throwing in some intervals and sprints once in awhile. Run to have fun, and lay off the fattycake for a couple months before apft.
>>
>>36536261
I know my chances are slim. 1/10 18X's make it to graduation. But from what I understand a big chunk of that number had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they signed the contract, typical cowaduty types. They usually drop their contracts before SOPC.

I've been interested in SF since I was in high school. Have read a ton of books on them and have a strong desire to do their work. Recently graduated uni with a degree in International Relations. Now I know it's time to buckle down and make a decision about whether signing an Infantry or SF contract. I've talked to a couple SF guys online, they all say that busting my knees and washing rocks at the 82nd isn't going to really improve my chances at SFAS. The guys who came from regular infantry units said SFAS was just another day in their typical work lives, just with no breaks. They said being selected boils down to how bad do you really want it. I'm aware that statistically the odds are against me. But the only way to find out for sure is to try.
>>
>>36536528
OK well this guy online is telling you the opposite. Why are you asking for advice if you are going to argue? My guess is you want validation of your choices
>>
>>36536604
I asked for advice on the running routine. The rest I wasn't seeking an opinion on, but your input was noted. Now care to give some on improving run score?
>>
>>36535907
take ice baths in your bath tub or pool if you have one. water only needs to be 35 -50 degrees F (dunno cel) i run cold water and add a large bowl of ice and sit for 10-15 minutes. works great soon before bed especially if you are hitting 10-15+ miles/ 20k a week
>>
>>36536681
Run More and lose Weight.
>>
That faggot has the arms of an old dyke
>>
File: combat_mindset.png (2 MB, 956x1200) Image search: [Google]
combat_mindset.png
2 MB, 956x1200
>Be infantry
>finished bolc
>got in bad shape because of all the field time I have no choice but to crash diet/cut
>cut down to 12% again (woot!)
>Shit! Cadre starting to fill rosters for RTAC into Ranger School
>Say "fuck that I dont want to lose gainz" and PCS'ed without my tab
>tfw I didnt take the shot to Ranger School and would possibly lose my job because of vanity

Fuck it.

Srsly, the only way to make it in the Army is if you do crash diets. Your schedule is so erratic and unstable, there is no guarantee that you can lift and/or meal prep.

>"Oh you think you have 8 weeks? Nah dude, in 2 weeks we are coming back out so there goes your lifts"

Thanks hollywood for making unrealistic depictions on how military people really look. Most hardocre motherfuckers are skinnyfat fucks.

Also MREs are the devil, my men all became skinnyfat after coming back from the Company Live fire.

If I have to do it again I would go natty guard or reserves and be a warrant officer instead.
>>
Anyone here got advice on shin splints?

My unit is now doing rucks (hikes as we call them) every other week working up to a 44k, and my shin splints are so bad that i feel like my bones are actually going to fail me after like 100m with a pack.

i wear compression sleeves and load up on motrin beforehand, anyone got any other ways to fix the problem or deal with the pain?
>>
>>36537106
Ausfag here; I'm planning to join the reserves in 2nd year uni so I can get military training, yet not lose gains.

Also, because my country's army is shit, and I don't wanna get my engineering career fucked on.
>>
>>36536168
Bro don't go in as an 18x. If you wanna be high speed just go to regiment. Wait a few years before going to selection. You don't even know if you like the military. It's not for everybody.

I'm prepping for selection as well as support for group. Never once met a team guy who came in as an 18x. It does happen but it's very low.
>>
>>36539217
Do some mobility work for your feet, calves and your shin muscles. I use a mini black roll and a golf ball, works quite good to release the tension. I had much problems with fast rucking because of my shin splints, but it's getting better now that I'm working on my mobility. Hurts as fuck, but it's worth it.
Also you might wanna read Ready to run by Kelly Starrett, explains a lot about your feet/knees etc
>>
File: gaz.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
gaz.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
I am not planning to join the military (Europoor here, so might get drafted in a couple of years anyway), however I have a question concerning training.

I'm trying to maintain my muscle mass, and I only have a 20kg weight plate.

My regular workout consists of 100 pushups in sets, then 50 curls with the plate, I do this thrice a week.

Any suggestions to spice up my workouts to maybe gain some more mass?
>>
Thanks for ISIS you selfish welfare faggots
>>
>>36537106

This,

I joined the military and most of it was turning skinnyfat due to yes running but also due to the military fingerblasting you over your diet and what you consume

"Oh you want to eat healthy and have a proper diet at the Dinning facility?, too bad you will miss times it's open because we want you to sit around doing nothing, still hungry? just buy pizza bun at the:px, dominoes, any shitty fast food place here. bro :^)"

Fuck this shit, I'm getting out and yeah Idc for not even bothering to finish my contract
>>
>>36536386
Kek. I remember in basic a new drill came along and tried smoking us with that. We laughed our asses off. Running joke from then.

"Whats that private? You forgot to clean your locker? Alright alright, THE BEND AND REACH"

We had one that really knew how to make you sore though. Floors were completely soaked with sweat when she took charge.
>>
The best MOS to go in as is 68W - Medic. The SF bullshit at the get go is just a way for the Army to get dumb kids to be forced into any MOS they need since 99% will fail out early.

Go in as 68W. When you leave, you are a hop, skip, and a jump away from a Physician Assistant which is 100k/yr. and job security for life. They have medic/corpsman to medic programs specially set up for this. Even if you don't go further you'll have EMT, and even earn promotion points by finishing Paramedic while in the service.

If you really want to go hard, then spend a couple years getting acclimated to military life then go for your tab. You'll have a fuck ton better chance getting into Ranger Regiment with some experience than thinking you'll end up SF just out of high school.
>>
>>36537106
You got kicked out of batt for being untabbed? Lmao are you in the deuce telling stories to guys "thinking about it"?
>>
>>36535907
Haven't done this but I'm going to give it a shot. I've got a good 45-50 lbs to lose.
My normal run schedule I run 3-4 days a week and I do
>a hill run (a straight mile bottom to top) add in intervals on occasion
>intervals on a track (2 laps jog at pace, 4 laps sprint straights walk curves, 2laps jog at pace, 1 lap walk cool down)
>fun run at own pace on track
>fun run at own pace on varying terrain
>1-2x a month run for pt time on varying terrain
>2 weeks before pt test run for time on track
That usually keeps me at a 7-7:30 mile pace for tests, more than enough to pass (for me)

I'm glad to see you wanting to max pt before you get in. When I joined the advice was basically "don't be bad but don't be too good either." Fuck that go out and do your best.

Learn the soldiers creed before you go too.
What is your time table for signing up?
>>
>>36541186
THA SOOOOLDIERS CREEEEEEEED
>>
>>36541186
OP here, hoping to be maxing the Ranger APFT within 6 months. Once I am, I will begin talking to a recruiter. Like I said, at a 250 now
>>
>>36541493
Keep up what you're doing I hope you succeed. Keep us posted.
>>
>>36536528
Youll fail and when you do youll have to decide on whether you want to go 82nd or be a man in regiment
>>
>>36537106
Lol are you retarded? I feel like youre bullshitting because if you spent a singe day in batt you would see what our gyms are like. Once you have your tab you can do whatever the fuck you want. Theres a 230lb+ cpt who deadlifts 635 for 3 on the rpat here and youre whining because youd have to eat mres
>>
I only get around a 240 on the APFT and am DYEL as hell. From what I have seen, the run is pretty much the only event that will determine your shitbag status.
>>
>>36536511
>retired
>annual pt test
Wat.jpg
>>
Is a gym necessary for preparing for the military?
>>
>>36546582
Not 100% but building strength is very uaeful.
>>
>>36546676
So should I focus on a strength routine and keep up on my running and bodyweight stuff?
>>
>shipping out to navy rtc in a month
>5'10, 200lb fat fuck
>run 1.5 miles in about 15 minutes
>can 20 pushups max at a time
>shitty at situps

how fucked am I?

How can I get better with the month I have left?
>>
>>36546759
>Navy
You'll be fine
>>
>>36546759

Pretty fucked.

>>36546875

Nah he won't. Navy PT is a joke. It doesn't help you improve. Most guys who came in barely passing (or failing) the PFA were in the same boat once the final PFA came around at the end because Navy PT does absolutely nothing to improve their physical abilities.

The run is gonna get him the worst. We barely ran at all in RTC. There's maybe 3-4 workouts over the entire 8 weeks that are running focused. Pushups and situps he can do at night to get better at, but running he's pretty boned unless he runs laps around the compartment, which will piss people trying to sleep off.
>>
not that I'll be joining anytime soon. But is it possible to eat keto in the army?
>>
>>36539564
>Never once met a team guy who came in as an 18x.

are you serious? I'm in an HSC at an SF BN and I'd say a good 15% are xrays.
>>
>>36546936
Most military PT schedules really aren't meant to help you improve your physical endurance, only maintain what you've already built.

If he's willing to do more pushups, situps, and running on his own time, then he's going to improve. You've gotta put in some extra time and effort or nothing will fucking happen - which should be common sense.
>tfw gained 10lbs at Army basic because I was a lazy, skating shitbag
>still improved my pushups and shaved one and a half minutes off my original run time though, however I'm barely passing situps by AIT standards
>>
>>36540425
8404 here, i can attest to this. and also our job is fucking badass and fun as shit and i feel like i am actually needed even right now in peacetime
>>
>>36546582
the only real thing you need for prep is running endurance. Everything we teach during Boot is all repetitions to build endurance. once you get that you can build strength in the gym on your own time.
>>
>>36536261
>>36535907

OP don't listen to this cuck. My recruiter said the same thing to me when I told him I was getting an OPT.40 contract.

I shipped to basic in March '08 and passed RIP in October '08.

shoo shoo cucks, shoo shoo
>>
>>36539252
Why do you reckon our army is shit? I'm planning to do the army gap year next year to try it out. I finished high school 4 years ago but I can still do it which is fuckin sickkkk
>>
>>36540224
you wont be able to do that much with just a 20kg plate but you can get pretty creative

try some of these exercises
>pull up/weighted pull up (put the plate in a backpack)
>dip/weighted dip
>squat/weighted squat
>hanging leg raise
>overhead pressing the plate
>bench pressing the plate
>push ups/push ups with plate on back

just look up heaps of exercises and see what kind of movements you can substitute with just the plate or your bodyweight
>>
Advice for AF BCT & AIT?
>>
>>36536856
>>36536856
Those look like serviceable and functional arms to me.
>>
>>36536077
Absolutely none of that shit matters.
The only thing you need to do is not be a pussy.
Fitness, is on you.
>>
>>36546728
What? Focus on running and endurance. You need that shit. They don't care for your strength.
>>
I'm looking at joining the Army soon, the and goal is Delta. Right now I can run a 14 min 2 mile, do 50 push-ups in 2 min, and 70 situps in 2 min. How fucked am I? Where should I be at?
>>
>>36549907
>and
End*
>>
>>36548015
Not so much shit, just shit for if you want to be an engineer when you come out of it (like me) in my particular field. Since the army doesn't really need engineers of my discipline.

Also, a few family members are military, and officers and enlisted alike say "Don't be a grunt". That's all the advice they gave me. Apparently, if you're an infantry pleb, it's really shit.

Also, the whole fact that our military is being fucked around with by politicians debating where to send us.

It's not so much the military itself that's shit (we're one of the better, more compact fighting forces in the world) just the fact that it's being put in weird circumstances, and the role I'd take in it wouldn't be good for me personally.

If you can get into the gap year, it looks like a really awesome induction into the military, and a sweet way to gurentee a decent job if you want to enter after. Unfortunately my high school (graduated at the end of last year) had some anti-military teachers, so I didn't find out about it until basically every job was taken, or I'd be applying myself.
>>
>>36547984
What did you do to prepare for RIP?
>>
>>36552520
They don't do rip no mo bro. 8 weeks now
>>
>>36536386
THE BEND AND REACH!!!
>>
>>36549907
>The goal is Delta

Make sure you mention that to your Drill Sergeant. He'll be glad to see the Hooah in you.
>>
>>36549907
You need to be able to hit those numbers even AFTER you've stayed up 36 hours with no food or sleep and after you've been rucked and PT'd till your whole body is trembling and you are exhausted.

Being strong helps, but being strong isn't going to be what gets you thru it.
Also, better learn how to use a compass...
>>
>>36549907
>The end goal is Delta
I really REALLY don't think this is what you think it is.
Please don't join and end up one of the Bo Burgdahl types and go AWOL because you think you're a better leader than your CO.
>>
>>36553903
Are they good numbers for the PFT though?
>>36554151
I'm not really sure what you mean.
>>
>>36553655

OHHHH NO! NOT THE BEND AND REACH!
>>
>>36547984
>opt 40
Nice
RIP was a more hardcore name for selection than RASP
>>
>>36554367
Well compare it to the SEALS...
For them, a competitive score for an applicant to BUDs is:
500 yard swim, under 9 minutes.
Pushups, over 90 in 2 minutes
Curl ups, over 85
Pull ups, over 18
Run 1.5 miles in under 9 1/2 minutes.

Knowing this, 75%-80% wash out.

Delta has drop rates that are even higher.

Being strong is important, but everyone trying out is already strong. What you will be tested on is your mental strength.
>>
>>36554367
He means that your chances of making it into Delta are slim to none. If you even sack up and make it past 30th AG and go to Sand Hill you will likely drop whatever extras you got on your contract like option 40 because you are too much of a pussy like 95% of the people that had those contracts in my company.

>Be Nasty Girl at Sand Hill
>Half of platoon has option 40 contracts
>Vast majority a bunch of 20 year old neckbeards with COD fantasies
>All of them say that OSUT is too hard and want to quit
>Drop Option 40 contracts
>all 18x washed out

Meanwhile your endgame is to make it into a tier one SMU that has a 3% selection rate from the already cream of the crop soldiers with years of combat experience.

Have fun kid.
>>
>>36554675
I don't think tier 1 operators are tested on physicals numbers like that though, they're past that.
>>
>>36545953
He has no identify other than his time in the military.
>>
>>36536126
If you ruck too much you can incur long turn knee and back problems. Its recommended that you ruck about 2 or 3 times a month with like a 45-55 pound ruck. Anything more then that can just hurt you in the long run
>>
>>36554675
>>36554738
That was a lot of words just to say that my current numbers won't cut it.
>>
>>36549907
This is bait
>>
Well... I didn't want to shit on your genuine aspirations, it's a noble star to reach towards.

But it's true what another said, attrition rates can be as low as 3%. This coming from a group of guys who are already the cream of the crop... It's pretty easy to watch a documentary on the various groups training like SEALS, Rangers, PJ's and Green Berets, but in all honesty, nobody really knows the traing for Delta Force.

Train your guts out kid, get strong and try out, and see where it takes you - you may go farther than any of us on these boards.
>>
>>36555325
Thank you, I'll give it my best.
>>
>>36555172
It's not just about your pt score numbers dumbass... obviously you have to be in phenomenal shape.

Once again, make sure you tell your DS that you want to go Delta.
>>
>>36555640
Alright, will do.
>>
Can anyone post that picture of the shirtless soldier standing in the deck of some ship firing a machine gun? It's posted in like every goal body thread and I need it... for reasons. I figure it's kinda related to this thread.
>>
>>36555172

It's not just the numbers.
Go read:
>Delta Force by COL Charlie Beckwith
>Inside Delta Force by CSM Eric Haney
They looked for the guys they wanted.

PT is part of it but you will have to be a highly apt individual. Your ASVAB GT score will have to be at least 110, if not 120. At least have an associates degree, if not a bachelors.

Rangers need a min ASVAB of 105 with a PULHES of 111221. So figure that's your baseline.

You also better have heart to be able to push through adversity. Wit enough to think outside the box. A clean background (criminal, financial, whatever else).

I'm not trying to talk you out of this just giving you an idea of the requirements involved.
>>
>>36557241
I appreciate that, but do I really need a degree? I really don't want to have to do that.
>>
>>36535907
>250
Hahahahha 300 masterrace.
I have a 16:30 3-mile.
>>
>>36557655
>lieontheinternet?.jpg
>>
>>36557779
>this insecure about your run time that you think anyone that isn't a weak bitch is lying
>>
>>36536104
This is true. When I was in basic, I knew a guy who completed his ruck with two stress fractures in his shin. He didn't know it at the time (just knew that it hurt), and was not allowed to graduate with the rest of the cycle because he was not medically cleared to take the final apft.
>>
>>36557641
This is >>36557241

Do you really? I can't say for sure. Will it help? Absolutely. Shows a willingness to improve, which is something they'd be looking for. Check out the Inside Delta Force book. It gives a little bit of their early training and it's cool shit. They cross train skills with other gov agencies.
>>
>>36555669
lol
>>
>>36557241
>Rangers need a min ASVAB of 105
How do you score in the 105th percentile?
>>
>>36557872
Thanks, I'll be sure to check that book out
>>36557956
U abin a giggle m8?
>>
>>36557779
I'm not that guy but I've ran a PFT with a guy who finished in 16:34.

The guy is a freak though.
>>
>>36557981
Thinking of you telling a drill sergeant you want to be delta, yea.
>>
>>36557968
My bad I meant GT of 105on the ASVAB
>>
>>36548235
the limp wrist looks pretty functional desu
>>
Any good books about modern SF other than No Easy Day?
>>
>>36559459
From OP's bookshelf. Anybody got any more?

Inside Special Forces -Tom Clancy
The Only Thing Worth Dying For -Eric Blehm
Roughneck Nine-One -Frank Antenori
Chosen Soldier -Dick Couch
Horse Soldiers -Doug Stanton
The Guerilla Factory -Tony Schwalm
Masters of Chaos -Linda Robinson
Lions of Kandahar -Rusty Bradley
Love Me When I'm Gone -Robert Patrick Lewis
Warrior Diplomat -Michael Waltz
Imperial Grunts -Robert Kaplan
The Green Berets -Robin Moore (Vietnam era)

Other good military books not about SF:
Roberts Ridge -Malcom McPherson
Not a Good Day to Die -Sean Naylor
House to House -David Bellavia
One Bullet Away -Nathaniel Fick
Jawbreaker -Gary Bernsten
First In -Gary Schroen
Sua Sponte -Dick Couch
>>
File: kate.jpg (19 KB, 925x241) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
19 KB, 925x241
My friend Kate entered a competition, with a small video I made, to become Womens Health Next Fitness Star in Australia. I'd appreciate everyones help with the voting. She's currently ranked 3rd but it's her dream of representing our coastal area of Australia :)

Please vote for Kate here :) https://a.pgtb.me/0RMdMX
>>
>>36559772
Thanks breh.
>>
>>36559772
Added to my lists, thanks. The 2 listed here >>36557241 are very good.

Currently reading:
The Fighting Irish by Tim Newark

To read shelf:
The Heart and The Fist

It'll be easier to post a pic when I get home. There are quite a few and I can't remember names.
>>
>>36552520

Basically nothing. I was twinkmode, first PT test I got an 88 but I outworked most people and graduated with a 290. I wouldn't really recommend this for people trying to be SEALs/PJs/CCTs. Not that it's that much physically harder, but their basic isn't as hard and you may not be able to go from nothing to where you need to be during that time.
>>
>>36560222
What was the hardest part for you?
>>
>>36554675
Im a marine corps bootenant flight contract so I couldnt imagine what special forces guys do but I know from my experiance at ocs and tbs that I could go into these schools as a PT stud but come out hungry and weak as hell.

I got into OCS with a perfect 300 and left with barely getting the minimum 12 pullups. AND I was out in the hallway every night on the pullup bar on my own time. The lack of sleep, food and stress just is death for any gains. Also doing the pants on head retarded workouts did me in. Crossfit to the max.

Is it different in the more advanced schools? Im in comfy pensacola now lifting on the beach but the other guys I imagine are going to remain hungry skeletons.
>>
>>36535907
I'm two weeks out from my fitness test. Should i drop heavy squats and deadlifts until then?

Also, great thread OP, i came on fit looking for one.
>>
>>36535907
Whatever you do, do not rely on old advice. The face of the US Army is changing with regards to the APFT. No shit. Being stronger is moving to the front of the argument as kit gets heavier.

You now need to be able to grab a wounded battle in full rattle and run 100 yards or so to cover. All the other stupid shit comes second except for testing. Any halfway decent officer will look favorably on increased strength.

What MOS you looking at?? Former 19D/19K/92Y (Armorer) here.
>>
>>36561212
Pls halp
>>
>>36536511
Sheeeeit........I always drank a beer before my APFT and got a medbro to hook me up with an 02 mask. Carbs and fucking air.........300 every time.
>>
>>36561265
Disregard......missed the 18X. Fuck that shit. Take all the rest of the advice - go to reg first and see what's up. Don't bullshit yourself about this.
>>
>2016
>joining the military

You fucking fags think you're hot shit.

Get a real job.
>>
>>36561029

Let's see.. RIP stories...

I got a blister on the road march to Cole Range which developed into an infection filled with blood and green/yellow pus, and it came out of my heel about half an inch. It really sucked running to the woodline, and doing those log carries when people's feet would kick the back of your heels. Also, during land nav, uneven terrain, anything that put pressure on the blister. I was lucky enough to not recycle, but it did weaken me -- I literally got the minimum number of pushups on the final PT test.

Oh, and when we first got to Cole Range they made us hold our rucks over our head and shout the Ranger Creed. Standard, whatever. But I was unfortunate enough to be standing on a fire ant hill at that time.

At one point I was PL and the RIP cadre instructed us to eat the salt packets from our MRE, so there was this one hispanic motherfucker, Berdecia, and he pretended not to speak English. So naturally he didn't eat it and when the RIP cadre found out I got smoked for I don't know how long. Fuckin' Berdecia.

Obviously more shit happened, but all you need to remember is "don't quit." Yeah there will be times where it sucks, just have the mindset that things could be worse, because they could. Who cares how bad it gets? You represent America and there is no quitting in battle. "Surrender is not a Ranger word."

Quitters literally volunteer themselves as the weakest people in the group. You should be glad they're gone. They'll have to live with the knowledge that they bitched out when shit got hard.
>>
>>36540233
Oh right, the bait. For anon.

If by thanks for ISIS you mean thanks to the aggressive export of Shiism to Iraq through Nouri Al Maliki and the Sadr militia, successfully alienating all Sunni populations and Shi-izing all the land east of Baghdad while simultaneously courting a survivalist alliance with the Allawite regime this drawing disenfranchised extremist Sunni men from countries swelling with excess unemployed populations due to globalization and technological advancement,

Then yes. You are welcome.
>>
>>36536528
Also a lot of people go 18x just because they want to reenlist and going 18x is the only option for people who are prior army and want to come back. So they'll just drop early and go away to do something else, so i'd assume that could skew the numbers a bit. Literally met 3 dudes at my recruiting office who were going to do this.
>>
>>36563509
Yeah who installed Nouri Maliki as president tho and backed him in the 2010 elections when the nationalist coalition Iraqiyya had a chance tho? and who caused total state collapse in Iraq in the first place leading to the rise of non-state actors running shit?
>>
>>36557641
No you don't need a degree at all. Anyone telling you that you need a degree while you are enlisted is fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1452320223885.jpg (500 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1452320223885.jpg
500 KB, 1280x1707
rate my autistic homemade workout plan
bottom are my goals currently
first 2 mile in sprint format, 100, 8count burppees, 30 dips/pullups, 3x10 curls all in that order 5 days a week and i wear a 40lb wheight vest at work and walk most of the day, is this enough to get me TACP ready or do i need more autistic cross fit style workouts, ill probaly add deadlift, cleans, and OHP later since im already strong?
2 mile 8 x 400 meter under 2 mins 5-7 lap postion
2 mile 4 x 800 meter under 3 mins 6 lap postion
2 mile 2 x 1600 meter under 6 mins 7 lap postion
200, 8 counts
100 dips
100 pullups
5x10
curls
>>
>>36557241
ASVAB is easy as fuck. I got 129-132 across the board. I don't know why people even mention it on a Hungarian bean counting e-zoo.
>>
>>36563737
Cool story bro.
>>
File: 7528_e32d_500.jpg (104 KB, 500x867) Image search: [Google]
7528_e32d_500.jpg
104 KB, 500x867
>>36554949
they do infact test them physically, its more like hell night turned into hell(until undisclosed training ends and we learn your smart enough for this one position we need filled oh and be the master of all that we teach you)

there guaranteed combat which is why some people if not all people who want to go into SF want to do anyways PJ's save people but still trained up to kill who ever intends to stop there mission, Delta force is the end all be all for SF treated like walking gods in SF eyes
>>
>>36563509
Your view of the creation of ISIS lines up exactly with that PBS documentary that came out just over a year ago I think. Its basically designed to wash all the guilt away from the US and its Sunni allies, basically concluding with "Hey how come those dumb Shiites can't immediately start an inclusive, human rights oriented democracy?" Keep in mind how long it took for the Western world to extend the franchise to every adult citizen.

But hey, go ahead and keep on believing that there is a significant number of Sunni Muslims that are pro-democracy, in any Arab country; the sing the songs of Western democracy and human rights, but only when it is convenient for their interests.
>>
>>36563778
Nothing you just said is true.
>>
File: 1431980200778.jpg (258 KB, 600x890) Image search: [Google]
1431980200778.jpg
258 KB, 600x890
>>36563800
PROOFS
>>
>>36563776
I'm serious though. I don't get it. Every other person I took the test at the same time as also agreed it was stupidly easy.
>>
>>36563823
Well, I'll tell you that I talked to an SF friend of mine who got medically discharged a few years back for taking an rpg blast to the leg. Anyone here who was in group that thinks they know who I'm talking about his initials are KH. Anyways, I talked to him about all sorts of crap, and no they are not a guaranteed combat job. You could get stuck doing JCETs and CONOPS and literally never see combat during your entire career. They do not see delta guys as 'gods' because only about 25% of delta is made up of sf dudes, they don't really go that way. Delta prefers regiment guys because they are more disciplined. Literally you only have to pass a PFT to be physically qualified to go to selection for delta, anything beyond that is all credentials and not being a terrorist type shit. They also do a lot of prep work before the actual selection, so if you are borderline fit enough to make it they will get you fit enough and if you aren't you will be removed in prep. I guess the shit about PJs is true.
>>
File: 1440707396776.jpg (274 KB, 820x545) Image search: [Google]
1440707396776.jpg
274 KB, 820x545
>>36563859
so its littetarly compared to the 720th, Nighthawks, AFSCO and the such ? well dam it all to hell, they do have a fitness standard its rucking 40miles plus but that's probably just operators , did he describe Tier 1 or was that literally it ?
>>
>>36563883
Not sure if I understand your question, but the ruck marching isn't a requirement to go to selection. You have to do the ruck march eventually during selection, but they won't make you do one beforehand or anything like that. We didn't really talk about anything tier 1 because we are both in separate branches and both have worked with them on our own. What I can tell you is that its basically like getting a promotion from your job. Especially in my branch, our tier 1 component barely tests you physically, its all about how well you perform technically with kill houses and proper safety procedures. Therefore, its like a promotion because most of the dudes are older and more experienced than the guys in the older group.
>>
>>36563914
you acutaly managed to anwser my garbled quesiton i was comparing Delta Force to AFSOC or the other special forces group but you clearly explained what i was asking thank you.
>>
>>36563957
No problem. AFSOC has some good shit too their CCTs are fucking solid. One of them was on Extortion 17 with those DN guys, they definitely kick some doors in and rain thunder upon the enemy when necessary.
>>
>>36563737
Because in the ASVAB there is are sub-scores. One is General Texhnical or GT (the baseline for all Army MOS) to go Army SF you need a GT of 110. In addition to that you need a Combat Operation or CO score of 100. If you don't meet the minimum requirements you don't get the job. That's why it gets mentioned.

Shit isn't easy for everyone, that's why they have cut off scores.

I don't have a line score below 120, 97%, la-de-da. Just get your shit done.

Which ASVAB did you take? Comp or scantron?
>>
File: 1438733990536.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2102) Image search: [Google]
1438733990536.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2102
>>36564006
i would either go AFSOC as my current career field or TACP and try to go Teir 1 well which one ever comes first is what i intend to do, im working on dialing down cardio and learning alot more about my job so it makes me transitioning to either much easier i dont want to be just a /fit/ guy any advice for getting run times down?
>>36563665
>>
>>36564054
Be well rounded, work LSD some days then do some CHI on other days like running at almost max effort for 15 mins straight, then practice doing quarter mile sprints with jogs inbetween. do maybe like 1 or 2 long distance runs just to get your body used to all of the running. But, the whole cardio game is only for selection bro if you ever make it to a team you will pretty much be lifting as much as possible. You can always old man strength a few extra miles, but you can't pull a new PR out of nowhere when you need it. Also steroid use is pretty prevalent in the community so if you're into that you won't be alone.
>>
File: 1455435989386.jpg (177 KB, 960x684) Image search: [Google]
1455435989386.jpg
177 KB, 960x684
>>36547483

that's not true. I joined the airforce not even being able to jog half a mile before I was winded. It took me 17 minutes to do my first 1.5 mile run on week one of basic. The cutoff was 13:36

Even with the deficit of food you are on while there, I was barely passing by week 4. By week 8 I passed with a 10.5 minute mile and a half.

our instructor made us double time march almost every day though in full uniform and combat boots while he was in his nike's over a steep bridge lol.

Almost every PT test we took I got faint and almost passed out because they don't let you rest after, they make you "walk it off" for 30 seconds then run back to the squadron. One time I was laying on the floor with a wet towel on my head when we got to the barracks and he covered for me every time instead of making me miss time at medical.
>>
>>36564007
Took mine on a scantron. Maybe the computer fucks with people's heads
>>
>>36564089
Did mine on the computer years back. I remember seeing a timer in the corner of the screen while the test is going for each section. One of the math sections I finished with a few seconds left.

The computer also scales the difficulty of the questions as an individual takes it.
>>
File: 1452037802908.jpg (594 KB, 1600x1102) Image search: [Google]
1452037802908.jpg
594 KB, 1600x1102
>>36564079
>Also steroid use is pretty prevalent in the community so if you're into that you won't be alone.

who wouldn't be, shit inst that the reason we allowed GNC on military bases, besides that theirs DHEA, 1 andro, 4 andro, epi andro, DIM and slew of other legal prohormones out there , im taking them to improve my recovery so i can reach the light of selection, doing a 100 burpees inbetween my running and lifting made me see the pain of putting in work and ill add more to it, well done ranting

i've done my research and the military doesnt give a shit any way so going for the real deal is an option so long as it makes me faster at running.

thanks for the advice its nice to hear it from the horses mouth, kinda like weight not being a problem and just putting out results being the only concern helped me just worry about the important things
>>
>>36564082
you're suppose to walk it off as a proper cooldown.

you're probably fucked with some kind of low bp
>>
>>36564134
>The computer also scales the difficulty of the questions as an individual takes it.

That's literally not true
>>
>>36564138
Yeah back when I ran through I heard of O's being given gear on the low so that they could get pushed through the system, since so many would drop. But, regardless of how prevalent the usage is while in a team, it is pretty frowned upon to use any shit in selection. Sure its banned but there are ways to still take it like keeping it in your car or some shit. But as I said, you shouldn't use anything in selection or else risk looking like a pussy/shitbag.
>>
>>36564160

http://official-asvab.com/docs/asvab_fact_sheet.pdf

Shit in your hand and lick your fingers
>>
File: 1438627593705.gif (617 KB, 272x199) Image search: [Google]
1438627593705.gif
617 KB, 272x199
>>36564169
during selection wont be a concern since i wont be like the dumbasses who tell people just to meet the minimum and you don't need total body workouts 6 days a week to get fit , yeah no wonder you got medicaled out or you quit selection you clearly didnt prepare for worse or competitive times, besides that you can stretch and hit your thighs inbetween workouts and keep going but growing wont happen during selection and taking steroids in the hopes of handling such stretch would be asking alot of the chemical, i would hate to be caught with that and not even be done with selection
>>
>>36564182
>some entirely unassociated group makes a totally unsubstantiated claims
>>
>>36564150

idk but my blood pressure is teetering on high now that im dosing TRT. They didn't give us much time to hydrate before PT so I kinda blamed that. I sweat a lot in my sleep but i always woke up dehydrated and from wake up to run time was maybe 15 minutes apart..
>>
>>36564194
Yeah I don't remember what it was, but it was some sort of shit that is supposed to improve recovery really well. I don't use any of that stuff so I don't remember what my buddy said it was. But yeah, just try not to be a shit bag and best of luck.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.