[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proper gym ettiquette
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: qISYc6f.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
qISYc6f.jpg
121 KB, 1920x1080
I see a lot of threads about
>that guy who...

Seeing as I will be returning to the US soon and joining an actual gym, what are /fit/'s recommendations about proper gym ettiquette. Been lifting for 7 months now, started full skelly, 6'4 135
Now up to 6'4 168, and am getting close to that 1 pl8 bench. Are there places i shouldnt go based on how skinny i still am?
>>
Wat

Who cares
>>
Just how skelly were you?

I'm a good foot shorter than you and I weigh 135 lbs, and I'm kind of ottermode desu
>>
>>36532499

So you're 5'4 and 135. Well within the normal bmi range. And definitely within ottermode territory. OP was 6'4 and 135, severely underweight for his height and weight. Basically Auschwitz mode.
>>
>>36532499
Ive always been skelly but athletic. Finally after getting injured for the umpteenth time I got tired of being so weak. I was really skelly, now im still skinny, but at least I have some muscle, enough to dunk, and probably do a 1 pl8 bench, my Max for 8 reps is 17.5 kg a side, but how much is 1 pl8 generally speaking? In short I used to be skelly as fuck, ill pull out my laptop.
>>
File: 20160326_235041.jpg (224 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20160326_235041.jpg
224 KB, 1280x960
>>36532499
Me now, still skinny. I just haven't been eating enough. I already eat like 6-8000 calories a day with 2 or 3 servings of protein in each one though, plus a supplement after a workout.
>>
I go to a gym which has a lot of strong powerlifters, there's a few unwritten rules I've picked up.

>dont walk in front of someone about to do a heavy deadlift or squat
>if you see shit form, always intervene and give advice
>do not discuss steroid use, even if it is blatantly obvious someone is using
>>
>>36532578
1 pl8 means one 45 lbs plate either side of the bar. So a total of 135 lbs or 60 kg including the bar itself.
>>
>>36532628
you do not eat 6-8000 calories a day.
>>
Wipe your shit after your using them if you sweat a lot.
>>
>>36532628
>I already eat like 6-8000 calories a day with 2 or 3 servings of protein in each one though, plus a supplement after a workout.
If you ate 6 to 8 kcal a day, you'd be either fat as fuck or jacked as fuck by now
>>
>>36532439
>rerack weights correctly
>don't slam light weigh/machines is you sweaty
>>
>>36533616
How to bring up gear if I'm interested? I don't want to admonish them, but genuinely curious?
>>
>>36532439
Heil Tree King
>>
>>36533863
I'd say it's not worth the risk until you establish yourself as a good lifter desu senpai, even then only if they come up and you say yourself that you're considering using will a user even consider telling you.

There's a 19yo who blatantly uses in my gym, squats 205kg for an easy 5 at 83kg. One of his mates jokingly said ''I can smell the steroids'' and he got fucked off and told him to never fucking say that again.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.