[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just got my blood pressure measured for the lulz after my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So I just got my blood pressure measured for the lulz after my workout, and this resulted. Am I fucked guys? Hypertension runs in my family as well
>>
>>36531496
nobody runs in your family
>>
>>36531518
First = best
>>
>>36531496
Medfag here,
That's way, way too high. You should go to the ER immediately and get hooked up to an EKG, maybe a sonogram of your heart. You might have a stroke at any time.
>>
>>36531496
thats really high man. you need to see a doctor. he might have to prescribe you something. seriously, no joke. go to a doctor.
>>
>>36531594
second medfag here to support this medfag.. especially for just after a work out, this is very very unusual, like you should be dead, go to ER now
>>
>>36531594
>>36531609
Thanks for giving me actual advice, instead of being retarded high schoolers like the first two posters. I'll probably hit up my doctor later today.
>>
>>36531594
>>36531636
Third medfag here to support this medfag.. You won't even make it to the hospital. You have to lie down on a sidewalk, call an ambulance, and hope to god you'll survive until they there.
>>
>>36531594
>>36531609
>>36531668
He measured it right after his workout so it probably went down to normal levels fast. It is normal to have high bloodpressure while/right after working out.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3980383
>>
Also, would it be possible for things like heavy pullups and dips to artificially inflate your blood pressure?
>>
>>36531695
High systolic but low diastolic pressure?

Nah m8. He ded
>>
>>36531649
First 'medfag' here again..

LOL, OK, we've had our fun; I'm not a medfag, just trolling you. Your BP is fine, especially after working out; you shouldn't check it right after anyway, you should check it when you're rested and sitting down, being calm and still. Next time check Wikipedia or some other source for what's considered 'high' blood pressure, don't ask /fit/.
>>
Stop following meme diets and do cardio.
Less than 30% of your cals should be from fats, get at least .8g/lb protein and fill the rest with carbs. Eat veggies and fruits.

Bam, literally healthy in weeks
>>
>>36531496

I can guarantee you this is caused because you dont fucking breath while you are working out. You are going to fucking die if you dont stop holding your breath while you are doing your reps.

BREATH MOTHERFUCKER WHILE YOU ARE REPPING, THAT SHIT IS CRUCIAL.

YOUR BODY, MUSCLES, TENDONS, THEY CAN ALL BEAR THE WEIGHT AND INTENSE EXERCISES, BUT YOUR FUCKING VEINS CANT, THEY ARE FRAGILE. SO BREATH FFS
>>
File: 1450085695435.jpg (76 KB, 667x960) Image search: [Google]
1450085695435.jpg
76 KB, 667x960
>tfw op is now kill
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.