[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with back problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 280x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 280x300
I was diagnosed with scoliosis recently. It's mild from what the X Ray report said but either way I'm worried.

What's a good workout routine that doesn't apply a lot of pressure to my back?
For now I switched from barbel squat to leg press.
What routine is good for me and what should I do to avoid risking more back injury?
Thanks guys
>>
congrats, you have an excuse to never squat or deadlift
>>
>>36520043
Fuck but I love doing those
Any alternatives?
>>
>>36520059
maybe bulgarian squats
>>
>>36519970
don't worry too much. contact a physician maybe that can show you how to fix it (if it's mild there is a good chance you can), do a fuckload of lateral movements (side bends, woodchoppers etc.) and be very mindful of form.

don't worry about your lifts though. i just got to a 230kg deadlift this week and i've never had any back pain as a result of it.
>>
I have 9 degrees of scoliosis. Never had a problem.
Physical activities include running and lifting. Practiced swimming for a couple years.
Also, I'm doing the SS meme and suffering more on OHP than squat/deadlift.
>>
>>36520198
how is doing squats in bulgaria any different from doing them in the usa??
>>
>>36520284
Bulgarian squats are heavier.
Just compare 100 kgs to 100 lbs!
>>
File: DSCN0087.jpg (292 KB, 1954x860) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0087.jpg
292 KB, 1954x860
>>36519970
I think I have mild scolio, send help
>>
>>36519970
I had scoliosis for having flat feet and bad posture and doing insane amounts of pullups made it almost dissapear, also i grew 5cm in the process after i had stopped growing for 2 years
>>
>>36521666
trips of truth???
>>
>>36519970

Yoga between weight days
>>
Saying you have Scoliosis is like saying you cut yourself, it could mean anything from a papercut to a severed carotid in your neck. It is all about the severity.

I have Scoliosis and it is so bad that doing normal weightlifting for a couple of years (3x5 squats, deadlifts, etc w/ moderate gains) eventually caused me to suffer a pinched nerve in my back that will fuck me up for the rest of my life.
>>
File: 100_8168.jpg (1 MB, 3664x2748) Image search: [Google]
100_8168.jpg
1 MB, 3664x2748
>>36521680
Don't know if it works for every type of scoliosis but it sure worked on mine, at least i don't think it's that noticable anymore
>>
File: Scoliosis bro.png (17 KB, 1360x591) Image search: [Google]
Scoliosis bro.png
17 KB, 1360x591
>>36519970
It's alright to barbel squat,I have a mild curve but that's never held me back.
Personally I sleep in a specific way to try and correct it myself, don't know if it actually helps but feels bretty gud.
>>
>>36521666
Just say two inches you foreign fuck
>>
>>36524153
Wait I don't understand your figure there. What's going on?
>>
>>36524449
I'm sleeping on the bottom of the curve so hopefully gravity and my bodyweight will help pull it down and correct it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.