[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been hitting the gym hard and have noticed I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
I've been hitting the gym hard and have noticed I'm getting a lot of stretch marks on my bicep area, and the part of my pecs that connects to my shoulder. How can I reduce or get rid of them. I've been trying a creme for 2 months already and is not working :(
Pic related
>>
ye look brah cream doesn't fix stretch marks, and neither does any oils.

the only thing that improves stretch marks is time

i.e. 1-2 years.

even then they'll just lose pigment, they won't fade completely.

i believe deep stretch marks will also over time shallow up, but they'll always be pitted in the skin & scar.

lasers can "reduce them" (results vary) but they're expensive and will never remove the scar 100%.

tl;dr you cant fix them, just get over it.
>>
Creme is a healing process you fucking idiot. That's like asking why the stitches on your legs keep popping when you do squats. Creme is only gonna soften and reduce the damage. You're still I the process of causing it though
>>
>>36503011
Creme fixes stretch marks just fine anon. Ask any pregnant cow
>>
Am I doing something wrong? Most people I know don't have or get them
>>
>>36503042

no, they don't.

sigh it's a long explanation.

the stretch mark exists at the deepest point of the skin, and is a scar.

topical ointments never reach that layer and therefore have no therapeutic effect on the scar ever.

the progress of a stretch mark aka a striae rubra (when its red) to striae alba (grey) occurs over the period of 1-2 years.

at the stage it's very red and ugly is when people typically bombard themselves with ointments and oil

they see progress and naturally think "hey this must be because of my oils"

progress is usually progressive greying of the scar, loss of redness, etc.

realistically it's because the stretch mark is aging like any scar would, not because any topical ointment/salve/w/e is actually improving the scar.
>>
I used to have a ton while losing weight but just fade naturally and yes the other anons are right they might never completely go away. Be proud of them though that's how I see them.
>>
I've noticed I have 2 types of stretch marks

>deep yellow/white ones from when I was fat
>shallow red ones from lifting

I get the red ones in the same area as op but they go after a day or two, it's usually a sign I have stretched the skin because I got a good workout done but the yellow ones never go. I don't really care I'm just curious as to why they have stayed after 4 years
>>
>>36503000
Best thing you can do is prevent them by staying hydrated and eating less so that you
Build less muscle
>>
stretch marks are a sign of gains be proud of them pussy
>>
>>36503067
All that mumbo jumbo and I still say creme works from life experience. Even have my controls and everything. Doesn't take a burger flipper to figure out the difference between someone that has and hasn't used the stuff
>>
File: dyel.jpg (13 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
dyel.jpg
13 KB, 400x224
>>36503000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJ_H7H7nG0
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/stretch-marks

don't listen to /fit/ pseudoscientists
>>
>>36503060
either they greased themselves up b4 a lift or they dont lift as hard

thats it f a m
>not greasing body in lube before you lift

desu my old marks faded so they just shine in the light, pretty sick t bh
>>
>>36503370

ok, you're objectively wrong.

but that's great

i'm glad you're able to disregard basic human physiology saying it's impossible, and still cling to the notion it does something.

don't reproduce.
>>
File: 145124124.png (32 KB, 167x165) Image search: [Google]
145124124.png
32 KB, 167x165
>>36503000
>>36503024
>>36503042
>creme
>>
>>36503398

>https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/stretch-marks

i cant help but laugh at you calling this pseudo science, and then you link to a page that basically says

it does very little or does nothing at all, or sometimes it worsens it.

the most recent and most elaborate study on this topic shows nothing is an effective treatment for stretch marks.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2009.01094.x/full
>>
>>36503444

nothing topicai is a treatment for stretch marks*

lasers obviously can be effective, but as I said

> lasers can "reduce them" (results vary) but they're expensive and will never remove the scar 100%.
>>
>>36503444
I was speaking in a general sense because I see a lot of misinformation on /fit/, I didn't even read whatever you two were arguing about.
>>
>>36503327
my red ones from lifting slowly turned into whitish grey/
and iwas never fat idk
>>
>>36503327

yes there's 3 types of stretch marks:

the two you're referring to = striae rubra and striae alba.
>>
File: 1458810592461s.jpg (10 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1458810592461s.jpg
10 KB, 250x242
>>36503474
but they all eventually stop being red and fade, right?

RIGHT?
>>
>>36503011
yeah i was a fat ass in high school and have stretchmark scars on my stomach, they've faded but are still visible because they're indented scars. i recently started using a belt with my squats and sometimes it digs into my sides and bruises my skin, which makes the stretchmark scars fill with blood and look good as new!

anyway, yeah they fade but never go away. they're scars.
>>
>>36503000

I got strech marks all over my biceps.

1: First of all, why would you care. Its only your biceps, my friends think it looks awsome.

2: Cremes wont do jackshit, dont believe anyone here recommending a creme to you.
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SCARS HERE, YOU DONT REMOVE SCARS WITH FUCKING CREMES.

3: If you really want to get rid of it, get 1.00m Dermaroller. Thats your best bet. Dont go any higher, because 2.0mm can actually damage your skin.

Cheers
>>
>>36503000
vitamin e oil helps some
>>
>>36504458

ye man thats the natural maturation of the scar.

it'll go grey, and if its pitted (i.e. indented) it'll lift up a little bit ultimately you'll still have the scar.
>>
https://youtu.be/WCSZfmbFJyQ
>>
>>36503000
The stretch marks on my biceps just look like old faded scar tissue now. Barely noticeable. Just takes time.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.