[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Beginner advice I'd like to get in shape, so I wrote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 433x325) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 433x325
>Beginner advice

I'd like to get in shape, so I wrote down a beginner training program upon reading the FAQ. However, I'm already busy from 8am to 6.30pm all work-days; plus I get back home on foot (only 4km, but it still takes me around 45 minutes).

Basically, I wake up at 7am, get home at around 7.30pm tired and hungry. How do I incorporate the gym in this routine? Would it be better to exercise right away or after I eat dinner? Would it be ok to skip cardio since I'm coming home on foot or that's just a lazy cop-out?
>>
>>36499077
read the sticky and get fucked.
>>
>>36499077
Don't create your own program as a beginner you don't know what you're doing just do SS. Work out in the morning or after work it doesn't matter if you don't have the energy buy a pre workout, caffeine tablets, drink coffee etc.
>>36499093
Also this
>>
>>36499077

Quit the excuses anon. Yes you still have time to go exercise. Whether you want to have your dinner before or after is totally up to you. You get home at 7:30pm. You have the rest of the day to have your dinner and head to the gym.
>>
Where do you work that you're working for 10 1/2 hours? I'm still in college so I don't know anything about working outside of restaurant shifts but that seems like a long time. Is that the norm?
>>
Feeling happy about coming here already. Fucking Christ, guys... I'm hard pressed with time, have small meals all day; been consulting the FAQ for a while and the only related thing was "eat a fucking banana 30 mins before working out! It will give you all the energy needed to compensate for a small penis!" - I then dare ask whether this is actually healthy or not and I get jumped on. Thanks.

>>36499156
Thanks for being the rare sane person to actually contribute to the thread. I know I'm being lazy, I'm just asking whether that's healthy or I can just relax and stop being a pussy about it. I'm assuming y'all gonna say the latter, but maybe I just needed someone to motivate me.

>>36499200
It's not just work. I'd rather not get into specifics, but I have many things to take care of. Private life getting a bit fucked up.
>>
Still OP here, forgot to add
>>36499115
By "I wrote a training program down upon reading the FAQ" I mean I copied one that was already there for beginners. I'm not gonna mess with them without having the knowledge to do so.
>>
>>36499229

If you wait for motivation to hit you, you'll never get anything done. You need discipline. All this time you're on /fit/ moaning about not having time, could get you a great workout.
>>
I get up at 5:30 am to workout and I have to be at work at 8. just get up earlier and go to bed earlier.
>>
>>36499320
This is my very first post on /fit/. I am fully aware of being a lazy fuck, but I aim to change that.

>>36499326
I guess. I just don't have the amount of maturity or will-power to do so before being a whiny bitch about it, I suppose.

Don't plan on replying anymore since I don't want this thread to turn into attention-whoring (it actually took me asking the question before realizing it didn't really matter). Thanks for hitting the nail on the head.
>>
>>36499326
Same. I used to do lunch or after work. Found a gym that's midway between home and work and now I fall asleep thinking about how awesome it's going to be to lift in the morning. The key is to pack everything the night before, and I mean everything. I have my gym bag, my meals, vitamins, supplements all ready to go, including my pre-workout. Makes all the difference in the world. I hate wasting time.
>>
>>36499077
>I don't have time to workout
>How can I workout
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.