[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, I need some help on how to loose weight. I've always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: p_525T_1.jpg (41 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
p_525T_1.jpg
41 KB, 1000x800
/fit/, I need some help on how to loose weight. I've always wanted to loose a couple of pounds but never got the motivation to do it. Any advice, on how i can loose the weight, it doesn't have to be extremely fast but just fast enough so i can see progress over time. Should i get a gym membership or just go buy a treadmill at the house? Any food recommendations?
Thanks
>>
>>36498666
How about you take the first step and cut your calories.
>>
Eat less
>>
Before you go buying a treadmill, joining a gym or changing your die the simplest change you can make to your lifestyle right off the bat is reading the fucking sticky
>>
just go run outside jfc
>>
>start eating better
>running (cycling if you're huge)
>kettlebells
>punching bag
>speed bag

most off all you need willpower
>>
>>36498666
Literally just cut calories. Working out will make you look good but also helps build motivation for dieting.
>>
>>36498666
Former Moon/ Current fatty here. I was 450lbs when I was 21. Currently 292lbs at 24. I'm 6'4" so thankfully It looks like I leaned out a bit.

I lost the weight via the treadmill and stair machine. I am currently on a diet where I only eat 1k calories a day. At my weight I need close to 3,000 calories a day just to maintain. Eating at a 2,000 calorie deficit a day means If I'm on point 6 days a week, that's 12,000 calories. That's close to 4lbs a week as each lb of fat is around 3,500 calories.

It's willpower. I lost my first 160lbs because I went at it like a fanatic. I fell out of that mentality and have been coasting, losing and gaining the same 4 lbs for several months now. I don't know what's wrong with me.

TL,DR Lifting is fine and dandy. Not saying not to. But if pure weight loss is your goal, just stop eating so much.
>>
>>36498666
sticky x1000
>>
>>36498666

You can actually get some pretty good cardio in by moving your eyes horizontally back and forth repeatedly, as if you were reading. However, you need to be careful and make sure that you are moving your eyes EXACTLY horizontally, otherwise you can get eye strain. To aid with this, it helps to use actual text just to give your eyes something to follow. The very first thread in this forum (pic related) has a link to lots of text designed specifically for this purpose. Open it up and get ready to feel the burn!
>>
File: sticky.jpg (53 KB, 745x384) Image search: [Google]
sticky.jpg
53 KB, 745x384
>>36500355

>pic related
>>
Just start fuckin running and eat healthy
>>
>>36499628
this.
outdoors are free.
>>
>>36500372
>>36500240
>>36499595

This was my first thought. It seems that you should start with RFS, OP. I suggest three reps twice a day.
>>
eat healthy and exercise
>>
>>36498666
I lost around 30 pounds in a month by smoking when I felt hungry.
>>
Start with a couch to 5k running program and stick with it. Do yoga (free routines are available on Youtube, I like Adriene) every other day to improve flexibility and form.

After 8 weeks of that, start lifting.
>>
File: people-pot-pie.jpg (109 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
people-pot-pie.jpg
109 KB, 840x700
>>36498666
Start by spelling "lose" right you fat fingered lump of crap.
>>
>>36498666

>Loose
>Loose
>Loose

Kill yourself
>>
On the subject of motivation: Willpower training.

How can I train myself to be less of a pussy?
>>
>>36498666
To let your weight loose you must simply loosen your belt.
>>
>>36498666
>Should i get a gym membership or just go buy a treadmill at the house?
Yes. Buy a treadmill and make sure it's the most expensive model. Then never use it and lose motivation after a month. Then come back here and start again after another random burst of motivation. Repeat indefinitely.

And don't waste trips again on such a shitty thread.
>>
Read the fucking sticky.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.