[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Stronglifts 5×5 make you increase your deadlift by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: stronglifts-mehdi.jpg (19 KB, 208x193) Image search: [Google]
stronglifts-mehdi.jpg
19 KB, 208x193
Why does Stronglifts 5×5 make you increase your deadlift by 5 kg each workout, instead of 2.5 kg?

I started at 100 kg, and can only make 3 reps when increasing by 5 kg.
>>
you're supposed to start at 40kg and increase by 5kg until you reach 100

it's like you didn't even read the guide
>>
>>36493368
I'm not a completely beginner. I know the lifts from doing brosplits. I don't want to waste my time.
>>
>>36493400
Well thats your answer. Its a beginner workout, and as you said you're not a beginner
>>
>>36493411
I'm novice.
>>
>>36493400
i don't care whether you're a beginner or not

your question is moot; the program does not say to increase your deadlift by 5kg each workout after 100kg. increase by 2.5kg each workout and stfu
>>
>>36493449
I was just wondering if there where any benefits of going from 3 to 5 rep, instead of 5 rep each time?
>>
>>36493458
no m8. just increase by 2.5kg and do 5 reps.

t.b.h i'd do AMRAP instead of just 5, but that's just me.
>>
>>36493363
Fuck, I just realised you should add 2.5 kg after 100 kg. I'm a perfectionist, that is going to bother me for a long time.
>>
>>36493363
why does mehdi look so shitty? Don't even say it's genetics either.

What can I do to not looks shitty like him in addition to a barbell based strength program?
>>
>>36493580
What don't you like about him? I mean his arm muscles could be bigger, but he admits he doesn't bodybuild anymore.

Just add some bodybuilding (hypertrophy) accessory work if you are still on SL. I'd would add arm curls and leg curs or RDLs. Some tricep movement. shrugs if you want traps. I mean it's not hard brah. I don't know why people are always like "don't fuck with the program." There are the main movements and then the accessory work that can help with the main movements or build muscle. I would just avoid doing back work on deadlift day.
>>
Mehdi has muslim background and live in Brussels, I wonder if he knew one of these terrorists.
>>
>>36493400
Calm your tits Candito
>>
>>36493717
>what don't you like about him?

He looks like a skinny fat dyel who artificially "toned" his torso in Photoshop.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.