[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not even 20 and I fear I'm losing my hair. When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20160323_083348-1.jpg (231 KB, 631x631) Image search: [Google]
20160323_083348-1.jpg
231 KB, 631x631
I'm not even 20 and I fear I'm losing my hair.
When I wash my hair (everyday) I always have about 10 hair on my hands, so I'm wondering if I'm actually have a receding hairline or of it's just normal.
It really looks like I'm very slowly getting bald, but maybe I'm just being paranoid. I take pills for stronger hair, as well as shampoo and conditionner for that AND the equivalent lf rogaine.

So lay it on me guys, am I doomed to save to get a transplant?
>>
>wash my hair every day
are you retarded?
>>
>>36487166
soak your scalp in cold water after you're done washing. it increases circulation
>>
>>36487175
Not OP, but I hate the idea of having leftover sweat in my hair by not washing daily.
>>
>>36487175
>having greasey hair from not washing it everyday
>>
>>36487277
>>36487175
Can we define wash here?
Do you run it under water on off days or
does washing mean with shampoo
or what buzzos
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 265x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 265x303
>>36487175
>doesnt have dubs/trips like everyone else ITT
>doesn't have naturally oily hair in need of constant washing
not sure if jelly
>>
>>36487293
washing = shampoo

normal shower is a given
>>
>>36487188
Why would it do that. Cold causes vasoconstriction.
>>
>>36487166
>falling for the supplement meme
taking biotin and fish oil isn't going to do anything for your hair. Your going bald because of the genes you inherited, not some vitamin deficiency (while possible, it's not likely)

the cold hard truth is you have 2 options:
a drug called finasteride, which does something to prevent Testosterone from binding with whatever, preventing the conversion of T to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Male pattern baldness is caused by DHT attacking hairs on your head that have a genetic predisposition to DHT sensitivity. Calling them to shrink (thin) intill no hair follicle remains.
Taking Fin can stop balding, but also regrow hair too. Because the hair you've "lost" already may not be actually gone, it may have merely thinned to such a small state inwhich it doesn't grow. Thus with your hairs no longer being suffocated by DHT, it could even grow back.
I can't remember what the numbers are, but in order of likelyness, you'll see: No further hair loss; No further loss + regrowth; or no effect at all and more hairloss.
Impossible to say exactly what you'll experience.
NOTE: there are potentially side effects, really over blown by the internet though. So many people have so much to gain by the hysteria around Finasteride. there are studies you can look at to see, but it is important to note that the % of side effects were similar in the human trial phase by both people on the drug and those on placebo. Even more so because there is a strong psychological component to Libido/Erection quality.
I always recommend talking to a doctor about it, they keep it real and always have your best interests at heart. The internet will only fuck with your head.

or you could jsut accept it. Being bald is not that bad. Regardless its either Big 3 (Fin/Minoxidil/Kectocnazle Shampoo) or acceptance. Any hair transplant doc worth there money will tell you to try fin first, enless of course they wanna jew you out of your money
>>
>>36487581
also should note you can see a dermatologist about your hair loss, could be other factors (probably not) but alot of people have anxiety/paranoia about starting fin. If you are reluctant to start fin, might as well try to see if theres anything else causing your baldness that won't require fin.

Truth is if your balding genetically, It's either fin or acceptance. Hair Transplants are only viable if you barely go bald (Depending on where you end up falling on the norwood scale), because hair tranplants work by taking hair from the back/side of your head and moving it up top.

Scarring shouldn't be a problem if you go with FUE method of tranplant, as opposed to the cheaper FUT.
>>
>>36487617
Thanks for the detailed help man, will look into Fin, I don't really fear the side effect, considering I already take Minoxydil 5%, and it was exactly the same side effecgs, and I have no problems getting hard or with my libido.
Will ask next time I go to a dermatolog.

It just pisses me off because the only person with premature balding in mt family was my great grandpa, no hair at 20, other than that, it was either normal balding, at like 60-65, or no loss of hair whatsoever.
I'm obviously far from having no hair, but still, I prefer to make sure now than to wake up in 5 yeats and realise my skull is shiny and smooth because I didn't pay attention.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.