[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did someone like george foreman get such a powerful punch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1458691604179[1].jpg (193 KB, 980x773) Image search: [Google]
1458691604179[1].jpg
193 KB, 980x773
how did someone like george foreman get such a powerful punch?

is it really from just heavy bag work?

i know mike tyson was also fond of using extra heavy bags to improve his strength, i was just wondering how did foreman get to be so strong to the point where his strength is still legendary amongst boxing fans?
>>
read the sticky
>>
>>36488567
compound lifts do not equal a good punch
>>
>>36487008
>Still legendary

The more time passes, the harder it is to separate fact from fiction. I have nothing to say about George Foreman, but your implication flared up my autism.
>>
its really just technique and strength. If you look at his boxing matches, take a look at his feet when he throws a punch. He essentially uses his entire body to support his punches
>>
Technique, and it's possible that his muscles were connected to his bones at slightly different points, giving him additional leverage when rotating, giving him phenomenal punching power.
>>
>>36488648
Go back and watch some old boxing matches m8, you'll see that the legends are true.

Just listen the sound that Frazier's left hooks made when they touched his opponent's face. Keep in mind that everyone is screaming there. And you can still hear that fucking sound.

No fucking wonder Ali's state is fucked up.
The incredible thing back then was that heavyweight boxers were not only strong but had the technique and the speed wich is no longer the case.

Heavyweight boxing will never be as legendary as it was.
>>
it's like cracking a whip. it may be helpful to have super powerful wrists but what matters most is getting the energy to transfer down the rope but whipping it right.

somebody 20 lbs lighter than foreman could likely match his power if they had absolutely perfect force deployment
>>
>>36488689
My point was that as time passes and the line separating fact from fiction blurs, he is more likely to be seen as legendary. I agree that he had a powerful punch. A good example of fiction being believed more and more as time goes on would be Bruce Lee.
>>
>>36488805
Foreman's fights are recorded. It is not difficult to separate fact from fiction.
>>
>>36487008
Heavy punchers are born not made. It's a matter of limb ratios and insertions.

The way you, personally, with the body that you can't rearrange (at least not with current science), the best way to maximize the power of your own punches is training. It's mostly neurological, about perfect coordination of muscle to muscle.

Developing muscles is important too of course. High power training, like a lot of plyometric kettle bell or club work outs, or power versions of oly lifts are good.

But if I had to choose something stupid like that, I'll always pick the guy who's done 10,000 hours of heavy bag work over the guy who's never thrown a punch but power cleans twice his body weight.
>>
>>36488805
Well, I'm one of the guys that think that Bruce Lee really was a legendary fighter too.
The guy mastered his bodyn you can't deny it. But I can understand people doubting some of his skills.

Anyway, all boxing matched can be found on Youtube, go see for yourself.
As a kid, I never got why my uncles were praising these boxers so much. It looked like any regular fights. But one day I went trough my uncles boxing videos and really understood.

These guy were the last gladiators and boxing is probably the most unforgiving sport of all time.
You need to train constantly.
You need strength
You need stamina
You need speed.
One week off can be deadly for your career.
And 15 rounds of fighting is fucking crazy.

Also just look at this. How can any men can get up after being hit like this. (Don't mind the music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_4-Abd89ck
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.