[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LOW Carb diet noob seeking advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Hey /fit/ i want to know if you can still make gains on a lowcarb diet. Im going to start off by only eating 15 carbs a day for the first 3 weeks then bump it up to 25-30 depending on how i feel. Stay there for a few months and see what happens. My biggest concern is lossing strenght and not being able to make gainz. Im a noob to low carb diets so enlighten me. I have only been lifting for a few months so got them noob gainz also recovering fatty
>>
>>36486719
SOURCE
O
U
R
C
E
>>
>>36486778
?????
>>
>>36486719
Are you trying to enter Ketosis?
>>
File: 1451809468388.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451809468388.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>36486719
Piggy backing off of this. Starting the Keto diet and was looking for some input about it.
>>
>>36486880
Uhhhhh idk
>>
>>36486926
Well on 15g a day that's what will happen.
>>
>>36486963
From what google is telling me i want to enter ketosis right?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hey everyone
Pls read if you are serious
>>
So what is ketosis guys? It seems im getting abunch of bullshit from google like it could kill you etc. But i know it makes you burn fat faster
>>
File: image.jpg (754 KB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
754 KB, 1700x2200
>>36487455
Look up ketogains
Look up mark sisson
Look up Jeff volek
>>
>>36486719

you wont optimize cellular functioning with a carb depleted diet.
this will make muscle growth inefficient, probably non existent actually
>>
>>36487560

meant to add too that "nutritional ketosis", which is what you're doing, is catabolic, it mimicks a state of starvation

thus, mimicking state of starvation isnt a good cellular environment for muscle growth - good for fat loss, muscle growth not so much
>>
>>36486719
If you're a girl just trying to lose fat, keto is great. If you're working out at the same time, you are going to have a lack of energy without carbs.
>>
>>36487595
Even with proper protien levels?
>>
OP here guess i ahould of said this in my Opener. I am pretty fat and want to lose about 80 pounds. Thats why i plan on doing a low carb diet. So i thought maybe my body can still gain strenght ecause it haa plenty of stored energy to burn. What would you guys recommend for rep ranges while doing a lowcarb diet also?
>>
>>36487647

dietary protein requirements are tiny. think about it:

the total amount of muscle gained in a year in kilos, divided by 365, plus base level protein needed for everything else is practically nothing

total calories and enough carryier and signalling molecules i.e. are most important factor in muscle building
>>
You'll have to do a targeted keto diet, which you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, it'll just be less efficient then if you went on a pure bulking or purr cutting diet. Search up TKD also do it when you're like a month or 2 into the diet otherwise it'll be even more inefficient.
t. On tkd right now after losing 40 pounds in 4 months on standard keto
>>
>>36486719
I don't know what kind of severe cerebral anomalies you're suffering from (what most likely caused you to become fat in the first place) that lead you to mistakenly believe a meme diet is necessary to lose weight, but please read the sticky, gb2reddit and stop shitting up this board with irrelevant garbage.
>>
>>36487937
Know what you talking bout fag
> Keto works for some
> insulin resistance is a real thing

Dear op,
Please Keto on. It's not rocket science. It's how we ate for thousands of years
>>
>>36488496
>Know what you talking bout fag
Nice projection, dimwit.

>> insulin resistance is a real thing
And you WANT insulin resistance?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20516259/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23454694

Your IQ must be lower than 50.

>It's how we ate
Stop pulling shit out of your ass. It's making your armchair pseudo-intellectualism show and it's disgusting. Humans always had a source of dietary carbohydrate except in extreme northern regions out of necessity. Here they developed adaptations to upregulate gluconeogenesis and stay out of ketosis like every other animal placed under similar environmental constraints has ever done.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/682587
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.