[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw trying to gain weight on 60$ food budget a month what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1
>tfw trying to gain weight on 60$ food budget a month

what are some cheap foods that have alot of calories? I also live in Canada so everything is expensive as fuck
>>
>>36484945
60 a month wtf
>>
>>36484945
OP, $60 a month for food isn't even enough for cutting.
>>
Potatoes. All the potatoes you can buy.
>>
>>36485056
It's all I have left after rent etc
>>
>>36485056
it is if you eat oats, rice, and beans. Maybe a gallon of milk. You can spend 15 dollars per week in a month, buy all these items, and still cut...
>>
>>36485112
Jesus man, that's rough. I'd be pressed to say that's not enough to live off of, especially if you want anything that's fresh.

>>36485116
It's not a healthy cut, loads of sodium and not nearly enough protein. And especially not enough to bulk.
>>
$60 per month won't cut it in Ontario.

Get someone to take you to costco so you don't have to pay for the expensive membership, and load up on stuff.

Potatoes and rice for carbs
The cheapest bulk whey you can find (probably online), and milk for protein
Some oil for fat

Take a really cheap multi, fish oil, creatine, and whatever vitamins/minerals you don't directly get from your diet (usually vitamin d, magnesium, zinc)

This is probably as cheap as you can go. Don't buy meats, they cost too much for your budget.
>>
I know the struggle OP.

The answer is tuna and ramen.

Maybe the mercury will take us but at least we go trying to make it.
>>
>>36485139
Mercury poisoning is bad stuff man. For your own safety don't eat more than a can per day, and try not to eat it more than 3x a week.
>>
>>36484945
I love off 100 a month. Lots of pasta, rice, and yogurt.
>>
Lentils and low fat ham is the way to go man
>>
peanuts all day every day
on an EXTREMELY low budget nothing else compares
not sure if you can get enough of peanut / peanut butter to gain weight for 60$ a month though. then again I highly doubt you can only spend 60$ a MONTH. homeless people have more money
>>
>>36484945
what does a jar of peanut butter cost? it has a lot calories and protein
>>
>>36485131
I do live in Ontario
>>
>>36485186
I make 850$ a month and my rent is 760$ a month
>>
>>36484945
Holy shit I'm in Ontario and I spend like 30$ a day on food
>>
>>36485246
top finances breh
>>
You can suck dudes off for $20 each, do this once a week and you've more than doubled your food budget!
>>
>>36485302
You probably eat grass feed beef and organic vegetables then. OP is so poor even greek yogurt is a treat for him.
>>
>>36484945
Beans
>>
>>36485325
Kek
>>
Do some odd jobs. for example; I read water meters once a month and I get paid for a minimum of 10 hours of work (around $150) plus gas for a job that takes 5 hours max. It's an excellent way to get some extra cash. Just mow some old person's lawn or something.
>>
>>36485587
I don't have a vehicle man
>>
>>36485384
This

OP is so poor even McDonald's once a month is over budget
>>
>>36485784
dude what the fuck is on budget? you can't live on 30 dollars i don't care what you're eating
>in before oats
>>
>>36485784
Sad but true, I've been eating bread and peanut butter, eggs and Ramen noodles for the past few months

>tfw can't remember the last time I had an actual meal
>>
>>36484945
I bulk bought around 60kg of OATS from boxed.com for about $70, which will last me about a year

milk is the true calorie:cost ratio king, but you'll get acne
>>
>>36484945
Get dried beans, frozen veggies, rice/ramen. You'll probably have no flavor for a month, and likely won't gain weight, but it should keep you alive. Good luck bro.
>>
>>36485872
but who was peanuts
milk... top kek anon
>>
>>36485882
I've been eating Ramen for a while man, I'm 6,2" 135lbs down from 195lbs in 5 months and want to gain weight but can't really afford enough to gain weight
>>
Get a second job or ask for more hours.
>>
>>36485116

>rice

pointless if you eat oats.

replace rice with eggs and canned fish. also buy oil.
>>
>>36485366
not to mention if you swallow you dont even have to eat that day
>>
>>36484945
ITT people don't realize how expensive Canadian food can be.

Get a second job or figure something out. You could also be a societal leech and get welfare.
Be a man and do step one first.

for $60/m give up on hoping to bulk. And don't fucking get just potato's or just oats your asshole will hate you and you'll feel like shit from having a poor diet. Only a retard would do that.

Only buy what's on sale and do this more or less. Really it's about being thrifty.
>>36485882
Again probably will look something like this but likely more varied if you find a killer sale.
>>
>>36485246
Uhhh why the fuck is your rent so high? I rent a 90x20 loft and pay 300 a month. And i make your monthly budget in a week sometimes less
>>
>>36485802
Lmao oats
>>
>>36485967
Im literally losing weight like crazy, I was 195lbs before I moved out and ive been on my own for 5 months and lost 60lbs not on purpose
>>
>>36485972
Cheapest place I could find
>>
>>36484945
Sardines bro, lots of good fat, protein and a can usually runs abut a dollar. Also not much for mercury, eat bananas to balance the sodium usually associated. Hope this helps
>>
>>36486057
My budget is about 2 dollars a day man
>>
>>36484945
You're fucked :/ I lived on more than that 25 years ago and it was shitty life, But I have learned since and would do better now; Learn to cook pasta. It's a tasty food that is relatively inexpensive. If you shop around you will find food on sale (bacon for less than 3$ when normally it can hit 7$, egg etc). Beans are your friend, google carbonara (for pasta with lot of calories easy to make and taste great) and huevos rancheros for a kick ass food (beans, eggs, veggies). Get yourself a wok and experiment with stir fries . There are tons of VH sauces which you can mix for different tastes. Whatever combination you make it tastes good :). Peanut butter and jelly. Ask someone to get you a pizza stone for Christmas or birthday. OMG, pizza tastes 10x better if you cook it on a stone. Good luck!
>>
>>36486034
Dawm thats rough as hell fick living in canada or a big city lmao. Ill stay in small town usa where everything is cheap ass fuck
>>
>>36485784

mdonald's isn't even cheap when you consider the nutrition you're not getting.

ah, and the fact that the cheapest burger will run you $1, which is good for a single meal. less than $3 will score you a tub of oats with 30 servings.
>>
Also, you will need to put some effort in checking savings in stores (newspapers clipping, online etc). It's money, and it will add up. But you'll need to drive a bit more. It's still worth it.
>>
>>36485148
eat a can of tuna and 6 eggs today for breakfast
almost had to puke
>tfw i hate tuna
>>
>>36486138
I don't drive that's too expensive
>>
>>36486079
nice murrikan prices

canada SUCKS
>>
>>36486069
>thinks OP can afford a wok
>>
Eggs, milk, liver
Potatoes, white rice
Some cheap fruit
>>
>>36486063
Cant even get daily tims, what city do you live in so I can atleast by you a double double so you can get some daily milk into you.
>>
>>36484945
instant oats

or any oats
>>
>>36485927
>eggs
so fucking expensive for the protein it is NOT worth it - protein powder, canned TUNA on sale, old vegetable bundles from chinese grocers - these are what he can afford. He can afford those cheap vegatarian noodles that the indians make i forget their name ( ontario has tons of particular ethnic groceries, so avoid the big generic ones ).
>>
>>36486022
that's honestly risky weight loss at this point. What is your job, i would have said go do daily labor a few extra days a week but at this weight... I wouldn't recommend any labor. The advantage is I'm assuming you sleep less?
>>
>>36485139
Ramen is more expensive than rice. Just buy rice and look online for companies selling short dated or bulk whey and try to get veggies in every once and a while.
>>
>>36486412
I haven't had tims in a long time
>>
>>36486496
I work for a roofing company
>>
>>36484945
Potato
Minced meat, cheap cuts
Bulk buy
If desperate you can dumpster dump behind wallmart or something and take thrown out food
>>
How can anyone be so poor that they have 60 dollars a month for food
>>
>>36484945

Offal. Tons of lamb hearts. Gain the courage of a lamb.

They taste pretty good if you CPR them in a marinade then roast the shit out of them.
>>
>>36486579
This

Go behind restaurants and grocery stores and get the free food OP
>>
>>36486580
We aren't all rich like you
>>
>>36486699
>>36484945

if you are actually poor food stamps gives you 200 a month for food retard
>>
>>36486079
what the fuckin gufck
do we canadian live in the abject wilderness?
>>
>>36486560
Get a retail job or something and use that money for food man you're gonna starve
>>
>>36486560
aren't you making like 20 an hour? that rent is rough man
>>
>>36486962
11.50 an hour
>>
>>36485130
hard to do a healthy cut at $15 a week in a western country negro. I'd focus on beans and lentils with a small amount oif meat. gonna be pretty shit tasting though
>>
>>36486727
I'm in Canada and ive never heard of food stamps here
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.