[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>take vitamin D 50,000 IU/week for 6 months >feel no different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1336184499175.jpg (49 KB, 594x134) Image search: [Google]
1336184499175.jpg
49 KB, 594x134
>take vitamin D 50,000 IU/week for 6 months
>feel no different
>take fish oil every day for a year
>feel no different
>take zinc every day for a few months
>feel no different

Are supplements are meme?
>>
>don't have a deficiency
>take a supplement
>feel no different

DURR WHAT THE FUCK GUYS
>>
>>36482854
So you're not deficient in any of them, that's good.
>>
>>36482863
>>36482872
>fell for the deficiency meme

I haven't gone outside for 10 years; my only vitamin D was from milk.
>>
>>36482854

what are you supposed to feel different anon?

and even if you could write that down, are you supposed to be able to remember what it felt like six months ago when you werent taking it and what those defeciencies cause?

do you know what vitamin D is supposed to do? all its supposed to do is make it easier for your body to absorb OTHER nutrients. so if you arent getting those other nutrients you wont feel the difference.

do you know what zinc does? its main purpose is it helps you create new protiens. as in, muscle building. so taking a supplement rigorously might help you make better gains over time assuming the rest of your system is getting / doing what it needs.

do you know what fish oil does? it reduces inflamation in the body. could you feel that difference anon?

also you DO have to consider the 'vitamins just make vitamin enriched urine' meme. not sure how true it is, but perhaps study.

while reading the sticky i somehow found myself on this section about where we get our nutrients from. its been proven that the way we ingest those nutrients decide how they effect our body. taking potassium pills can lead to just having potassium pee. we cant quite figure out how to force the body to digest it purely.

its kind of like medicine in that sense. some medicines HAVE to be injected through a needle, cuz swallowing them wont do any good (Though they are looking into ways to fix that).

but as the article said, the thing about the banana is that we dont have to worry about how or why the banana works. it simply does.

moral being that supplements arent a guarantee and it might be better to just have ab balanced diet.
>>
>>36482968

finally, the whole point of vitamins and the like are two things

>they will help you grow
>they will help you age

its the reason kids and old people are suggested they take them. young adults arent as marketed cuz they appear to be naturally healthy as is. the reason you SHOULD start working on your vitamin intake isnt because you will notice some immediate results in your life. its because 10 to 20 years down the line when everyone's bodies are starting to fall apart, yours will have been kept in good condition.

rotating your car tires and other basic maintenance wont have any noticeable results six months from now. but years down the line your car will still actually work unlike other people's.
>>
>>36482881
>haven't gone outside for 10 years

How
>>
>>36482968
Seems like you're talking about the bio availability of the vitamins just in case you wanted to know the term.
>>
>>36482881
You can easily meet your requirements with fortified foods like milk. So yeah, no deficiency, no need to supplement.
>>
>>36482854
Best take a blood test to see if you're deficient in something. I'm deficient in vitamin D and B12.
>>
>>36482968
>do you know what fish oil does? it reduces inflamation in the body. could you feel that difference anon?

Actually I can, I feel a noticeable difference when I don't take anti inflammatory(s) regularly.
>>
>>36483426

are you OP? if so, than you just invalidated your own thread.

if not, then why answer? the question was directed specifically at OP, who may or may not experience his own inflamation.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
>>36482989
Tires are wear items though and don't impact a car's mechanical well being. Oil quality would've been a better analogy, asswipe.
>>
>>36483396
>drawing blood
>taking supplements
sir, do you actually want gains?
>>
>>36483456
Eh, it was just a once a year blood test.
Thankfully it was during my rest day.
>>
File: 010.jpg (973 KB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
973 KB, 1936x2592
>>36482989
>>36483446
>implying you don't feel your car brap with joy when you just fill up/change oil
do you guys even love your car?
>>
>>36482854
Fish Oil reduces triglycerides in your blood and Vit D regulates calcium in the body. How the fuck are you supposed to feel that you chuckle fuck? If you want tangible results get your blood drawn and see what your levels are.
>>
>>36483396
B12 deficient? Are you an alcoholic or do you have celiac's disease?
>>
>>36482854
>expects vitamins to make him feel amazing
Kek
>>
>>36483585
>do you guys even love your car?

not in the way you do
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.