[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/. Fatty trying to get in shape here. I already read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1427862564231.jpg (55 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1427862564231.jpg
55 KB, 500x375
Hey /fit/. Fatty trying to get in shape here. I already read most of the sticky and I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover this.

I had previously lost a good 15-20 pounds by doing running intervals for about twenty minutes at a time almost everyday. However, I stopped working out and gained it back, and then some.

I want to get back into exercising but since all the progress I made running is lost, I'd like to know if I can instead walk for maybe 60 minutes at a time and that would allow me to burn more calories(?) exercising for a longer period of time. Or should I just stick with running as that's gotten me results before, and I'd be exerting myself more than I would be walking?

Anyway, I figured you guys would know more about this than me. So, which is the optimal choice? Or does it really not matter what I do as long as I get my lazy ass off the couch?

Pic unrelated.
>>
If you want to burn high amounts of calories. Weight lifting is the most efficient method.. Go to the gym and lift and at the end of every session do some cardio work to supplement it (bike for 40 mins etc).

The quickest way to lose weight is to change your eating habits, you could probably lose 15-20lbs on diet changes alone.

Captcha was cakes....
>>
Jogging is easily better. No comparison really
>>
>>36478350
Unfortunately, I don't have access to a gym membership at this point in time, but maybe I can do some calisthenics or circuit training and that would have a similar effect?

>>36478420
Yeah, I think I'll just stick with what's worked in the past.
>>
Your biggest worry should be relapsing. Pick an exercise, and keep at it.
>>
Don't fell for the HIIT meme

It's something bodybuilders hyped because cardio kills gains and by working in intervals for shorter sessions they think "oh brah it works the muscle anaerobicaly and we don't lose gains"

Just run. HIIT is shit in terms of straight caloric burn. Sure it may increase your post exercise burn but you are lifting already for that and if you don't lift might as well go with the bigger burn
>>
>>36478215
>>36479157
not to mention that doing intervals all the time will make you hate cardio
>>
>>36479157
>>36479165
Well I do intervals because otherwise I wouldn't be able to make it throught a full work out. My overall endurance isn't where it needs to be for me to jog long distances comfortably yet. So until then, I'm doing what works for me.
>>
>>36478215
diet > exercise
>>
>>36479413
endurance is piss easy to get mate

Lifting is hard work compared to running at least 5 km. You just have to progress at it slowly and not run like when you do intervals. You need to run slowly. Slow run build endurance. Slow and long runs. Fast runs builds more pulmonary capacity which makes you able pump your muscles for longer and get faster for the same effort. You need both but you should prioritize slow runs. Like run and talk at the same time slow
>>
>>36478420
No its not you fuckin normie, OP Its all about calories in calories out THATS IT

burning 400 cals running is exactly the same as eating 400 less or burning 400 biking
>>
>>36480934
>burning 400 cals running is exactly the same as eating 400 less or burning 400 biking

This is false. There are these little things called cardiovascular health, endurance, strength, body composition and others that are significant. 150lbs bodyweight at 30% body fat =/= to 150lbs bodyweight at 15% body fat.

Tldr: don't listen to that faggot.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.