[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 1st day in the gym today >scared shitless beacause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 2.jpg (68 KB, 600x193) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
68 KB, 600x193
>tfw 1st day in the gym today
>scared shitless beacause dyel as fuck and going to one of those fancy mid-upper class gyms with hot deskgurls and people in expensive shit
>Im just a common autist
What should I avoid? What to remember? My big dillema is whether shoud I wear a hoodie to hide my weakass body or just a tshirt.
Sticky did not prepare me for this.

Also 1st day at the gym general.
>>
Just focus on your lifts and not what others are doing. The first day in the gym is always awkward. You will see dudes and even some women lifting heavier weight than you. It can be disheartening just don't let it discourage you from persevering and meeting your fitness goals!
>>
>>36454566
never rest too little or too long. gymgoers are very specific about this, and each gym has it's own acceptable rest times. they'll get angry if you take too long, or will try to hold you back when you rest too little. I suggest you go there and observe the first couple of days, don't actually train yourself. just watch how long other people rest, maybe write it down in a little notebook. once you think you know exactly how long to rest you're good to go. good luck.
>>
>>36454566
Avoid overthinking things, numbnuts.
>>
>>36454566
Rerack your weights, wipe down after yourself, be polite, don't stare, wear clean clothes, bring a towel, and shower prior going in to gym. And shower after you filthy animal.
>>
>>36454668
Pretty much this
>>
>>36454668
and make sure to use good form, don't care about the weight.
>>
File: photo.jpg.png (51 KB, 269x269) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg.png
51 KB, 269x269
>>36454590
this is overdoing it, no one gives a fuck about what you're doing as long as it's not autisitic.
>>
>>36454590
you're awful, don't do this to the poor guy.
>>
>>36454566
If you take it seriously, and show up regularly you won't look like a fake.
>>
>>36454566
Everyone is staring at you and silently judging you based on how much you can lift and what your form's like.
>>
About to head out.
Im pretty nervous about my form. Especially on diddylifts.
All tips appreciated. I hope i dont snap my shit up. Rippedtits bless me.
>>
>>36456729
no one there cares what you look like, just focus on your form and you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.