[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any difference between swimming on a pool or a beach?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3
File: ByxP5pdCUAEf9Fy.jpg (32 KB, 422x365) Image search: [Google]
ByxP5pdCUAEf9Fy.jpg
32 KB, 422x365
Is there any difference between swimming on a pool or a beach?
>>
>>36447262
Current and water temp can vary from a pool.
>>
>>36447262
Waves, niggerman
>>
>>36447262
Salt will fuck up your skin.
>>
>>36447319
So will chlorine.
>>
>>36447319
I like salt water on my skin. Gotta lookout for rocks n stuff if you ocean swim
>>
Waves and riptides kinda fuck you up on beaches.

Ocean doesn't kill your hair as much, and in my experience can lead to ear pain.
>>
>>36447262
The pool is much less dangerous.
>>
>>36447262
Open water is massively different, much harder due to currents/waves.

The same difference between a treadmill and a trail
>>
>>36448978
Yeah I hate it when you go for a run and end up getting swept out to sea
>>
A person is more buoyant in salt water. And if you wear a wet suit some are designed to make you even more buoyant. But there are also currents/waves to deal with.
>>
>>36447319
kek Salt water is good for your skin
>>
>>36448994
>what is a metaphor

Not even memeing, that's pretty autistic that you take simple comparisons in a Complete literal sense.
>>
>>36449042
Just trying to be humorous anon. S-sorry!
>>
>>36449042
it's pretty autistic that you didn't get the joke
>>
>>36447262
Who else loves salt water in their hair? Lovely feel
>>
>>36449065
I like to feel a fish between my cheeks
>>
Tried both and i think beach is more difficult and tiring.
>>
>>36449106
I hear ya man. What kind of fish u want in there?
>>
Sharks.
Pools are dangerous as hell
>>
Its harder to swim in sand
>>
Yeah when you go swimming in the ocean, youre always in constant fear of your limbs coming into contact with fish

>shudders
>>
>>36447262
Beowulf would never swim in a pool
>>
File: XbZTPbO[1].jpg (406 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
XbZTPbO[1].jpg
406 KB, 1920x1281
Beaches are scary because of prostate tentacle-tickling seaweeds

>no homer
>>
>>36447262
The beach is just a big ass swimming pool
>>
>>36448663
>riptide
>swimming parallel to the beach
woah there m8
>>
Its harder to follow the black line on the bottom at the beach
>>
>>36447262
The main difference is that a pool is typically filled with water and a beach is actually sand you can't really swim in.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.
>>
Swiming in the ocean is way more difficult and you can acttally die. Swimming in a pool is just for fags and elder people.
>>
Oceans have sharks and jellyfish
>>
Chlorine kills test
>>
>>36452202

Kek
>>
I beach swim all the time. It's refreshing compared to the cesspool of human fluids and chlorine. Does feel scary being sharkbait though, getting out with swimmers pump and mires makes up for it though
>>
sharks.
>>
Can't tell if whole thread is joke or OP is actually retarded

I guess I'm retarded
>>
the current and waves. hard to track distance in ocean and people probably get in the way
>>
>>36447319
salts good for skin nigger
>>
>>36453716
>>35447319
It depends on what skin, you cucks.
>>
>>36449042
No John, you are the autismo
>>
>>36452202
good one
>>
File: 1419023824181.jpg (453 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1419023824181.jpg
453 KB, 1000x1000
Anyone else place themselves strategically when swimming in the ocean?

I always make sure to have at least one person further out than I am, and one person on each side. So that the shark has options before it gets to me.

I never deviate from this strategy.
>>
i swim in your moms snatch pool nightly senpai
>>
>>36454338
Haha, I make sure my feet are touching the ground when in the ocean and that my head and shoulders are out. Cant tread water for shit m9.

>goodass strategy though. Also to make sure that the lady with her kids are much farther in then you
>>
>>36454338
kek at your willingness to let your friends die a horrible death
>>
on an ocean the free style is different

your head is out of the water at all times
>>
The sea is scary.
>>
>>36453930
human skin, you snail.
>>
>>36447262
Yes, styles vary since the current and waves will push you and make you move differently, which will have an impact on technique in the long term thanks to muscle memory.

Eric Moussambani was a guy who didn't had access to a pool to train so he used the sea and some hotel pool for practice when he could. Still won though, but his performance was really bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rqI8xwXVac
>>
Yeah, I'm a swimmer OP.

Swimming in the pool is systematic and traditional.

Swimming in the ocean is 100x harder because of the heavy sun, waves, salt water, and uneven currents. It's basically just harder to breathe in the ocean than in the pool, you have to do the breathe-stroke, as I call it, for freestyle. You breathe in every stroke, keeping your head practically out of the water at all times.
>>
>>36454338

>I have finally found someone who has the same thoughts as me

Don't come near me anon
>>
>>36447262
You gets aids in a pool while you get hep on a beach
>>
>>36447319
Chlorine is objectively worse for your skin. Bromine is even worse
>>
>>36454947
>Still won though, but his performance was really bad

I don't understand, how did he win if his performance was really bad?
>>
>>36448994
Kek
>>
Is there a way to get rid of jellyfish? the beach i go swimming if full of them, i wish i could kill them all.

They bite my arm almost every fucking day.
>>
>>36447262
More regular temperature in a pool
Clearer water in a pool
More room on the beach (usually)
Sun on the beach (means sun in the eyes, but also tan and vit D)
No currents or waves in a pool
No fish in a pool
Harder to accurately measure distance swam on the beach
No chlorine on the beach (better for your skin but possible pathogen exposure)
Pool is safer (if you go under in a lake or the ocean there is a pretty small chance of anyone finding you in time)
More babes at the beach

I prefer to swim in a pool because it is easier to get a structured workout in and I like structure, I think the beach is more a place to relax and drink beer in an innertube.
>>
>>36453388
You do understand that the water you are swimming in is filled with the excrement and decaying corpses of fish, right? Not that I care either way, but a swimming pool is definitely the cleaner option.
>>
>>36456395
Two false starts meant he was swimming completely unopposed. All he had to do to win was make it down and back (which he barely did)
>>
>>36447319
There's no salt at 90% of beaches in the world. Not everyone lives on the coast rucking Shitstralian
>>
Holy shit i want summer so fucking bad.
I want to go to the beach all by myself, throw my ass into the sea, swim for a whole hour, going always further, then returning, tired as fuck and sleeping until it's dark
I WANT FUCKING SUMMER NOW
>>
>>36459263
Pool is filled with several gallons of piss and fecal matter. Virtually unopposed.

Ocean is a warzone of microbia most of whom are on your side.
>>
>>36459778
>Virtually unopposed
Except the chlorine that kills everything in the water.
>>
>>36459775
This puts me in feels mode

>Go to either cousin's pool or lake to swim all day
>Come home, shower, fall asleep without even realizing it

Fuck I miss being a kid.
>>
>>36454947
Holy shit i guess its true huh, black people cant actually swim at all.
>>
>>36447319
>>36448636
>>36448645
>>36449025
>>36455142
>>36459615

>When uninformed people attack a correct post

Salt water will cause unbelievable chafing in the arm pits and in any other spots where skin rubs against skin.

Chlorine may dry out skin, but salt water is abrasive as fuck. Open water swimmers smear there joints and other contact points in thick oil to prevent chafing.

Jesus fucking christ if you dont know shit about a topic do not post as if what you are saying is 100% fact. RETARDS
>>
>>36459995
My brother swam in the sea for a couple days and lost all his acne, but good point, will keep in mind.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.