[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I lose weight? I'm obese and I'm trying to lose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 1457651477966.jpg (2 MB, 1936x1288) Image search: [Google]
1457651477966.jpg
2 MB, 1936x1288
How do I lose weight? I'm obese and I'm trying to lose all this fat. I've tried running but my calves and feet hurt after literally 1 minute and I can't go on. What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>36437784
Eat less walk and swim
>>
>>36437784
Stop eating so much
>>
>>36437814
Yeah I'm working on it. Even if I eat carrots, apples, w/e eat meat at lunch and dinner I'm still so fucking hungry for some reason.
>>
Walk 1 hour everyday and less unhealthy food/drinks
>>
S T I C K Y
R E A D T H E D A M N
S T I C K Y
>>
>>36437830
Will I lose 2 pounds a week doing this? I'm 18 so that might also help cause of faster metabolism...
>>
>>36437838
just fucking do it
>>
>>17018018
>>
>>36437836
I've gone on that before man it's not for people that are obese I've fucking read it ok.
>>
>>36437850
>obese people are magic and calories in/calories out does not apply to them
>>
>>36437838
Eating less will help you lose weight, ofc you can lose 2 pounds a week you cunt
>>
>>36437784
First of all drink lots more water to help you with the hunger. I mean, I drink around 2-3 litres a day when cutting.

Secondly, weight is lost by burning more calories than those you have consumed, eat low calorie meals that yield decent macros... I eat rice, chicken and broccoli most days for dinner.

Thirdly, take some multivitamin, you need that shit...

Fourthly, lift, lift, lift, it's the fastest way to burn calories.

Fifthly, when you stop going to the gym and stop eating clean, which you will, we all have, don't let it beat you and get back in there and go again.

Other than that... READ THE FUCKING STICKY!!!
>>
>>36437784
stop devouring every shit you manage to find or catch
>>
>>36437865
But a lot of it was talking about weight lifting and the wiki even mentioned multiple times it was for your average person. I already said I can't go a minute runnign without my calves burning on fire....
>>
>>36437887
obese people are not meant to run that can cause injury.
>>
>>36437887
Just read the shit about calories, ignore the rest till you get down to just fat.

Running while obese will ruin your joints in no time.
>>
OP here thanks for the responses. I've been starting to drink water for the past couple of weeks so I'm slowly easing into not eating junk food and shit. Thank you all.
>>
>>36437850
How long did you try it for?

For some reason, it takes a couple months for a change in diet to have an effect an my weight. After that time, my weight changes rapidly.
>>
>>36437821
To start keep eating like you regularly do. But reduce one portion where it takes off 100 cals. Do that for a while and you'll get results easy but slow. To accelerate progress keep reducing calories but don't go under 1300 or you'll fail yourself. You can keep progress going by supplementing with light cardio like walks or swimming. It's really mostly your intake. Maximize the quality of every calorie. Oatmeal, non sugary cereals, fish, chicken, Greek yogurt, dairy, dark green vegetables, beans, rice, eggs, all should be staples of your diet. This is my strategy, I lost 100lbs so far 20 to go. It took me a year and a half. For the last 4 months I barely started exercise, so most if the weight loss was from watching intake.
>>
>>36437850
fuck you, special little snowflake. I was fat, I did read the sticky and started cutting while lifting, it worked, so fuck you and your excuses you fat piece of shit.
>>
Eat meals for their fuel, not for their pleasure.
>>
>>36437887
walk instead of running you fat fuck, piece of shit scum
>>
>>36437784
Run all the way over to those mountains then run back.
>>
>>36437925
Don't exercise right now if you're obese also. Just start the healthy eating habits and trust me it'll happen on its own. I know what it's like man. I used to be 290 now almost 2 years later I'm 190 20 lbs away from my goal . You feel powerless, but be patient and forgiving. I'm happy you are making change earlier than me. Also there are not quick routes, just efficient routes mine is the best in terms of speed and ease
>>
>>36437784
>What the fuck do I do?
Read the fucking sticky you fat faggot.

Eat less, feel the hunger and revel in it for that means you are losing weight
>>
Whole lotta roid rage in here today. Take it easy anons...
>>
>>36437850

I've made a special routine for you.
STICKY READS 5x5
>>
File: 1458032224936.png (32 KB, 674x650) Image search: [Google]
1458032224936.png
32 KB, 674x650
Just eat this, or a variant of it, every day. Seems to be working for me. And I'm not dead yet.

I'm not even hungry if I eat things at reasonable times. But if you are, remember that a tiny bit of hunger isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>36438067
>frozen vegetables
>>
>>36438095
Well you warm them, of course.
>>
>>36437784
Cut sugar out of your diet or you wont loose weight. I recommend cycling and swimming for cardio.
>>
>>36437784
Cut all sugar and starches out of your diet, restrict calories for the rest of it. Walk 1 hour a day every day.

When you've mastered this, swim or bike a half hour at least three days a week. Lift weights three days a week. Do it hard enough to be tired afterwards.

Don't give up.
>>
>>36437784
Don't run yet. You'll fuck up your knees. You are experiencing shin splints right now. Instead:

1) Calculate your BMR.
2) Calculate your TDEE (you're fat so you're sedentary, use that multiplier).
3) Subtract 500-1000 kcal/day.
4) Track with MFP.
5) Eat a lower in carb macro ratio like 25C25P50F. Focus on clean eating 80% of the time.
6) Walk 30-60 minutes daily.
7) Resistance training 3x/week. Do a program that focuses on compound lifts with high intensity and low volume (I'm a fan of GSLP). If you don't have gym access yet, do a bodyweight routine like this one: http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html
8) Weigh yourself once a week. Same day, always in the AM after you shit. Every 5 lbs recalculate your BMR/TDEE.
9) Take a shirtless pic each time you weigh in.
10) Tape measurements once a month.
>>
>>36438107
fresh veggies taste so much better
>>
>>36438428
Oh, that's true. But I'm aiming for ultimate convenience with minimal effort.

If it's too much work many obese people will give up on their diet. Once they've lost 50 pounds or so, they'll be feeling happier and more motivated, potentially, and can move on to putting in more work per meal if they feel they're ready for it.
>>
Man...go on a low carb diet, I stayed below 80 when I lost weight, I lost like 10-12 lbs a month and i was 280 lbs standing at 6'1" if possible get into a gym and do a beginners program and run on an eleptical trainer for 45 minutes to an hour, even if you're just lazing around most of the day that alone will help you lose like 3 lbs a week or more dude.

Don't quit you fat fuck, be the man you want to be.
>>
File: 1458084877276.png (276 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458084877276.png
276 KB, 500x500
>>36437850
>I'm different, is there an easier way I can lose weight
You are what we make fun of in fat hate threads, its so fucking simple
>Read sticky
>Follow what the sticky says
Yeah, I'm triggered
>>
File: Jennifer Lawrence.jpg (48 KB, 500x690) Image search: [Google]
Jennifer Lawrence.jpg
48 KB, 500x690
>>36437784
running is for faggots who want knee replacements by the age of 50.

Eat less you fat shit.
>>
1. Stop eating so fucking much
2. Stop eating so fucking much
3. Don't eat junk foods
4. Exercise
>>
running and walking burn similar amounts of calories over the same distance, so if you are currently too fat to run going for long walks or slow runs will help you get on track
cardio fitness gains are made by maintaining an elevated heart rate so if your heart is beating pretty fast walking up a hill or whatever keep doing it, it means you are getting fitter and are beginning to make it
>>
>>36437784
cut off a leg
>>
>>36441368
>running and walking burn similar amounts of calories over the same distance,
But that's wrong you fucking retard
>>
>>36437784

eat less

not even joking, read the fucking sticky you stupid faggot
>>
>>36437784
read the fucking sticky you stupid faggot
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.