[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you fatties started a PSMF yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: furfagsmile.png (353 KB, 600x547) Image search: [Google]
furfagsmile.png
353 KB, 600x547
There's no faster way to be free of your situation without resorting to dumb stuff like DNP, and you feel pretty fine while on it with little to no cravings for food.
>>
Because I don't know what those abbreviations are and I like to eat pizza
>>
you feel like fucking shit
you hormone levels are going to be shot
and if you are a turbofat even doing the refeeds it isn't going to be sustainable
>>
>>36422020
> roiding for this
>>
>>36422008

>you feel like fucking shit

Not if you aren't a retard and follow Lyle McDonald's plan. I have felt perfectly fine on it.

>you hormone levels are going to be shot

Haven't really noticed.

>and if you are a turbofat even doing the refeeds it isn't going to be sustainable

You don't do regular refeeds if you are turbofat, you go on it for 3-4 months and then take a two week diet break at maintenance and either switch to something more sustainable in the long run or do another psmf.
>>
>>36422046
>You don't do regular refeeds if you are turbofat, you go on it for 3-4 months and then take a two week diet break at maintenance and either switch to something more sustainable in the long run or do another psmf.
you didn't read actually read his ebook did you
>>
Because you fatties are gonna stay fat for as long as you keep searching for that magic pill. Atkins, paleo, LCHF, IF, PSMF, 5:2, or whatever the diet of the month is doesn't matter to calories in-calories out. All "diets" should be viewed as tools for being able to eat a deficit every day. If it does then good. I lost 35lbs (wasn't fat though) in 2 months through cutting out carbs but I might as well have gained weight if it wasn't for that I was counting my calories.
>>
File: rfllyle.png (28 KB, 688x305) Image search: [Google]
rfllyle.png
28 KB, 688x305
>>36422067

Turbofat is category 3. His book literally says they aren't allowed cheat meals or refeeds unlike category I and II dieters for who it is essential.

Pic related, you read the book nigger.
>>
>>36422098

Lol, sorry, they are allowed cheat meals but they aren't required is what I meant to say.
>>
>>36422067

You don't actually do refeeds at 25%+ bodyfat. You can take an optional two 'normal meals' a week but they aren't necessary. Though the fast should only be carried on for 6-12 weeks, not 12-16.

>Started at 345
>Dropped to 292 in 6 weeks
>Up to 296 after a 3 week refeed

Just started another 6-12 week cycle - already down to 287.

Honestly, after having tried a variety of protocols to get down from 430 to 350, the PSMF is by far the best way to go if you're starting from planet mode. Though, it's definitely a good call to get your relationship with food set before trying it to avoid rebound weight gain.
>>
>>36422111

They're not cheat meals, brah. They're literally normal meals - i.e. you can have red meat instead of fish/chicken and a serving of mashed potatoes alongside your veggies. You can put actual salad dressing on your greens instead of just vinegar.
>>
>>36422125

I got 12-16 through reading Lyle's additional comments online, where he says you can stretch it to 16 and some of his clients have, though that was mostly for super hamplanets.

Good on you, I'm about 8 weeks in and have went from 287 to 246 as of today.
>>
>>36422138

Yeah, normal meals, sorry when I'm on this diet I think of anything off of it as a cheat meal.
>>
How is this for preserving muscle/strength?
>>
>>36422152

Thanks, brah

>8 weeks in
>287 to 246

Glad to hear that the weight loss keeps up at about a pound a day. We're gonna make it.
>>
>>36421965
as far as meme diets go: keto>psmf
>>
I'm EC + strict calorie deficit + high protein. Lifts are doing well, and I'm getting rid of my body fat. What the fuck is a PSMF and why would anyone need it?
>>
>>36424667
definitely not. keto is just a meme. it doesn't do anything a regular diet with the same amount of calories will do. PSMF actually does something useful. if you did a non-PSMF diet with the same amount of calories you'd lose a ton of muscle mass.
>>
>>36422657

It's designed specifically to preserve muscle mass. You do lose some strength on it, but that's to be expected with any cut once you're lifting heavy enough.

Granted, I'm turbofat, but as BW dropped from 345 to 290 my DL went up from 315 to 365
>>
>>36424754
PSMF = Protein sparing modified fast

Basically you eat protein and nothing else. This works out to 800-1000kcals/day in most cases. It's an incredibly effective way to lose weight, but you need a good plan to follow. Lyle McD wrote a good book about it.

> why would anyone need it?
typically athletes who need to cut weight quickly or fatties who want to jump start their diet. I like it because I can get my cutting done in a short amount of time and get back to lifting heavy again
>>
>>36424836
>You do lose some strength on it
I did PSMF as a chubby guy. I didn't lose strength for the first few weeks, and it was only when I got close to visible abs that I started dropping strength quickly. I believe that if I stopped the diet earlier I would have kept almost all of my strength.

I'm not sure if I was getting too lean or just stayed on the diet for too long.
>>
>>36424873
CAT 1 (15% or lower) dieters need much more protein and can only do PSMF for 12 days.
>>
>>36424791
> it doesn't do anything a regular diet with the same amount of calories will do
It kills your hunger
>>
Anyone have a link to the ebook? I remember there was a /fit/ pastebin download that had it but I must have deleted it.

I'm 5'10, 265 (down from 320), but want to kickstart since I've been around here for a year now.
>>
Anyone here get below 10% with this? PSMF seems like a quick way to get to around 12-15% but it looks tricky to go lower than that
>>
>>36421965
Why are you a furry
>>
>>36425103

meaningless statement t b h

simply dieting on low calories paradoxically will kill your hunger

don't believe me? try it.

go beyond babbis first cut with 500 cal and push to 1000 cal deficit.
>>
How many calories do I need to go from 230-200 on PSMF? 6-8 weeks
>>
>>36428451

~ 3500 calories per pound of fat.

Do the math.
>>
>>36424853
>protein and nothing else
Except fish oi, leafy greens and crufiferous veg.
>>
>little to no cravings
Nigger have you actually even done PSMF? I felt like a pissy little bitch when I was hungry, literally like a snickers commercial, I dreamt about food, walking into the grocery store was horrible all the delicious smelling bread and pastries, any fucking time anyone around you is eating or talking about food it pisses you off because you most likely can't have it
>>
Hey guys. Fat ass here. I tried this once a few years back. I had a really active job and was lifting and in the end I just could not keep up with a PSMF. My new job is is pretty low key though. Im thnking of trying this again. So far I have been on a calorie defect and working out every day but im not loseing fast enough to be happy... Odds are ill lose a shit ton of my gains but hey. I can just get them back when im at the weight I want... Is it good to do the ec stack while on this?
>>
In a perfect world PSMF is ideal for fat loss.

We don't live in a perfect world.
>>
>>36421965
Is this the newest housewife fad diet? You're really a bunch of fucking fags.
>>
Are Protein Supplements Worth It? – NorseFitArticles
https://norsefitarticles.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/are-protein-supplements-worth-it/
>>
File: time to cut.jpg (169 KB, 735x980) Image search: [Google]
time to cut.jpg
169 KB, 735x980
>>36421965
iam kinda sorta on it.

i dont get much more then 1400 calories a day and often below 1200

i just started eating meat until i reach 120g protein then just eat a kg of veggies so i can feel full.
>>
>>36430619
Anyone want to guess my BF% so i can calculate my lean mass for protein intake ?
>>
>>36424791
How will you get the cholesterol needed for your body to create testosterone though? You won't get that from fish oil.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.