[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why are you eating so much protein? Don't you know you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
>Why are you eating so much protein? Don't you know you can only absorb 10g of it a meal? You'll just piss the rest out!
>>
This is true though, you can only absorb 30g at a time.
>>
>>36419442
>I don't know how the alimentary canal works
>I don't know how nephrons work
>>
protein is a meme anyway
>>
>>36419450

What did you call me
>>
>>36419450
I actually don't
>>
>>36419442
thats like saying everyone needs 2k calories like it says on cans n shit
>>
>>36419488
>>36419496
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renal_protein_reabsorption
Here you go brehs.
>>
File: 1444157022949.png (153 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1444157022949.png
153 KB, 351x351
>>36419442
>every protein is degraded into polypeptides and aminoacids at the same time
>each amino-acids is absorbed at the same time
b-but reddit had a thread about it
>>
>>36419488
>>36419496
For one, you can't "piss out protein" as it isn't filtered into the Bowman's capsule (due to the membranes between the blood and glomerulus), and therefore can't be pissed out.

If any is taken into the nephron, it will be reabsorbed unless you have a bad kidney.
>>
>>36419504
So I can have 4 scoops and my body doesn't waste 3 of them?
>>
>>36419522
Do you think you're body is just gonna give up nutrients?

Protein can be turned into carbs if it's not needed however.
>>
>>36419395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JE-wdA3PHw
/thread
>>
>>36419532
If it's too difficult to process yeah I totally understand a body giving up nutrients.
>>
>>36419532
Amino-acids are fundamentally different from sugars and do not have the same metabolism route. They are not magically turned into carbs.
>>
>>36419559
Gluconeogenesis lad
>>
>>36419503
>>36419450
This has been discussed already a lot of times with a bunch of academic papers and Ph.D articles and whatnot, truth is
- your body won't be able to process more than 20~30 (max) grams of proteins for muscle protein synthesis for each of your meals
- if you want to maximize MPS you'll have to get multiple meals
- the "exceeding" proteins won't be wasted - those will be used for other hormonal, metabolic and nutrition purposes. Still, those won't be used for muscle protein synthesis. You will never be able to use more than 20~30 grams of proteins for MPS from each of your meals, except in some really corner cases.

Search the archives for your fucking sources
>>
>>36419395
>I read a medical study once, didn't really understand it, and am repeating parts that I read incorrectly in a smug and dismissive tone of others
>>
>>36419618
>search 4chan for sources
>>
>>36419395
>Don't you know you can only absorb 10g of it a meal?
It's 30g per meal, not 10g.
>>
>>36419636
You can fucking absorb more than 30g mate, it's just not all on a one way train to hypertrophy
>>
>>36419618
>your body won't be able to process more than 20~30 (max) grams of proteins for muscle protein synthesis for each of your meals

That's objectively wrong.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.