[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I'm 27 years old and I really am tired with how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 20160316_221826.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160316_221826.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Hey /fit/ I'm 27 years old and I really am tired with how I look and would like to move forward in exercise and healthy eating. After reading the pinned topic, I have an idea of what to do/where to start in terms of everything else but the actual exercises. Not because they are not presented, but because I'm not sure weight-lifting is the right thing for me. Honestly I'm looking for you guys to say YES weights are the only good way, or NO that I could get fit with bodyweight training alone. I'll apologize if this is the wrong way to ask questions here, it really is my first time around and seriously wanting to change my self.

Pic Related... how much work do I have?
>>
File: x6le07.jpg (168 KB, 1484x1600) Image search: [Google]
x6le07.jpg
168 KB, 1484x1600
I'm starting with cutting out soda and fast food from my diet, and transfering over to homefoods, aiming for 175lbs down from 210lbs... aiming for C3-C6 range
>>
IMO both are viable options but seeing that bodyweight will heavily plateau after about 6 months or so and will.mostly lean you out unless you're on gear, then I'd just go weightlifting. Cutting out the calories and lifting will get you looking better quickly.
>>
Read the sticky
>>
>>36415214

And where do you think you are currently?
>>
>>36415214
This is cool I've never seen it before. I think I would be a-3 or a-4
>>
>>36415318
Probably around an E-2?

>>36415336
I'm surprised, it is supposedly from here?

>>36415250
I didn't see a section outlining basic needed gear/equipment, did I miss it or is there something I can read up? If I have to I'll go weights.

Another thing, if I wanted to document my progress over the next year, whats the best way to do it? I kinda want to be held accountable for my progress, so I feel if I was updating people daily it would help
>>
>>36415370
I only started coming here recently. I got fit long before I came to /fit/.
>>
>>36415380
how hard was it to keep motivated? I feel like a fat fuck and just want to be more comfortable in my body. I'm taking pictures daily hoping to see the gradual change and have that continue to motivate me... like the more I succeed, the more I see it, and the more I want it.
>>
>>36415370
Gear aka steroids. If you do go the lifting route use symmetric strength and excel to track your shit. Or Google sheets if you want. If it's just bodyweight stuff you can use either of those but make sure to push yourself to progress. Being consistent, tracking your food, and getting good sleep is all you really need. Try doing SS if you go the lifting route then switch it after around 3 pl8 deadlift.
>>
File: l4Gyrpt.jpg (1 MB, 1926x1876) Image search: [Google]
l4Gyrpt.jpg
1 MB, 1926x1876
You are 27, you should be killing yourself by now
>>
>>36415395
The main reason I want to skip weight training is because i have no strength as it is, and figure that for the first while I could gain just from my own weight. Eventually I know I need to switch over one way or another. Is there any reason to start at bodyweight and grow into weights, or does it make no difference? Gear-wise I was talking what weights are needed. Is it just a back and plates,

>>36415405
Im trying to avoid that, actually.
>>
File: 3-14-2016.jpg (762 KB, 1928x2560) Image search: [Google]
3-14-2016.jpg
762 KB, 1928x2560
>>36415393
Uh I had a gym buddy for a while and that helped me a lot with form and stuff. Having said that I've always been pretty self motivated though and I wanted to look a certain way so I took steps to achieve that goal.

I use myfitnesspal to track my calories and shit. I can just remember what a lifted the last time, but feel free to take notes if you need them. I definite feel like sharing pictures helps keep me motivated, find some people willing to critique you outside of /fit/. If you get advice only from here you'll end up with body dysmorphia and lose motivation.

In the beginning it's the hardest, eventually you become almost addicted to it.

I'll post a picture so you know the guy giving you advice isn't lying. I'm 6'4 so I'm a bit lanky, but what I have took a lot of work to put on.
>>
>>36415441
Better get into a habit of lifting now and learn the lifts so you can effectively use your beginning gains. A lot of routines include lifts that use your bodyweight aswell.
>>
>>36415214
>tfw worse looking body than all those guys except for the just hugely fat ones
>>
>>36415468
I wonder how long it would take to get that with my body to that stage, years no doubt.
>>36415494
Setting goals reasonably I think, Sure A5-A6 are better, but baby steps
>>
>>36415515
If you're shorter than me it will be quicker. I'm 27 as well so it's not like it's too late for you or anything.

Years is probably right. But you'll start looking good fairly quickly. You could likely look similar to me by 30 and then maintain it till 40 or or later.
>>
>>36415557
6'2 here, so not really short by any means.
>>
>>36415515
>>36415557
If you wanna reach that in 1.5 yrs just go on steroids desu.
>>
>>36415627
Hm. It might take a bit longer then. Just make sure you're good on the diet side of things, that's mostly what holds people back I find.

>>36415638
Or this. I chose not to go the steroid route but I'm not gonna judge people who do.
>>
>>36415158

I had a similar body to your when I started and I did a 90 day program (P90X3) which is largely bodyweight with a few light weight exercises and then immediately transitioned into Stronglifts starting at just the bar for nearly all lifts.

If I had to do it all over again I would have just started with Stronglifts or Starting Strength.

The gains you will make in terms of strength and appearance cannot be matched by a body weight only program.
>>
>>36415659
Interesting! Ultimately I'd like to do this at home mostly if possible, which is why big gear is really unwanted. That said, Stronglift/SS use just a bar and plate, or bench too?

>>36415652
Its going to be tough, I'm not one to pre-prepare food and it seems healthy eating requires this, otherwise I'll default to fast food.
>>
>>36415692
I don't either, but I'm not really a food person. I have a shitty sense of taste so I can basically just eat to hit nutrition goals and not worry much about the taste, so I'm lucky there and that my have contributed to my success. If you're willing to do that it's not that hard, eat some oats drink some milk etc. Or if cutting just eat low calorie stuff.
>>
>>36415692

Apologies if I missed it early in the thread but do you have any reason why you are unable or unwilling to get a gym membership?
>>
>>36415468
not op, but im pretty fucking tired of being fat and everyone on here is pretty damn nice about advice. thanks man. this was helpful
>>
>>36415934
Np bud, if you're mostly focused on losing weight then it's 99.9% diet. Just punch your info into myfitnesspal tell it how fast you want to lose weight, pick something you think you can stick with. Fitness is a marathon not a sprint.

I'm glad people are being helpful, I would imagine most of the people shitposting aren't even fit to be honest. Every gym I've been a part of has been pretty supporting.
>>
>>36415158
Wow your body looks exactly like mine. What exercises did you plan on doing?
>>
>>36415214

b-2 or a-2 right now

realistic goal is somewhere around b-4's body, maybe a bit bigger
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.