[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made you want to get /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: fitnessclasscollage.jpg (189 KB, 703x307) Image search: [Google]
fitnessclasscollage.jpg
189 KB, 703x307
What made you want to get /fit/?
>>
Jocko mode
>>
>>36414490

realizing people treat you better

cause it makes me feel better

cause I enjoy it
>>
Group of popular girls in highschool use to call me Tubby instead of my given name Christopher.

That was at age 15. I am 27 now and have been lifting 12 years straight and still am not happy and those comments scarred me for life and motivate me to this day.

I probably have some kind of mental disorder for something like that to have such a huge impact on me all these years later.
>>
Anyone else not even remember why they started? I just bought a dumbell one day and started browsing here. Realised I couldn't do much with 1 dumbell so I got a gym membership and started lifting. Now I just don't want to get weaker
>>
>finally move in to my own place
>family is highly dysfunctional and made doing anything with consistency very difficult
>no friends
>no life
>no gf
>no excuses not to spend at least an hour every other day trying to make sure i dont die of hereditary heart disease like 3 of my grandparents and two of my uncles have

So far I've just been doing body weight exercises and using a kettlebell. I haven't even tried doing serious weight lifting since I was a freshman in high school and am terrified of destroying myself with poor form or something.

Saw a guy in HS get a bar bounced off his forehead when he lost control and his spotter fucked up. Also knew someone that has badly developed muscle from improperly doing 60 arm curls a day for like a year and occasionally going for a run.
>>
File: 1457580644272.jpg (3 MB, 694x9996) Image search: [Google]
1457580644272.jpg
3 MB, 694x9996
The Ironpill comics unironically inspired
>>
Climbing
>>
>>36414490
I wanted to do Parkour
>>
>>36414490
I wanted to know what it it felt like for my thighs to crush my balls 24/7. (it doesn't feel good)
>>
>>36414580
This
>>
because i was tired of being a fat fuck for the last time
>>
File: 1424557238151.png (610 KB, 1000x1158) Image search: [Google]
1424557238151.png
610 KB, 1000x1158
>>36414490
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I just want to be Joseph Joestar.
>>
I don't know. I've just been into sports all my life (swimming, football, basketball boxing, muay thai, biking). Played a few minor leagues and tournaments here and there when I was in high school and university, but nothing too crazy. Also, I've always had a home gym, so there's that.
>>
>>36414490
To stop being called chubby or fat. Almost everyone made fun of me for being fat. Now I am the fittest, strongest guy in the group. The guy who called me fat the most became borderline obese. Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>36414490
Was in an online relationship as a kissless gfless Virgin and realized that I was a Fucking loser. Lost 100 pounds in 2 years and recently just did a 1plaet triple ohp. According to fit I still like shit but lmaowhocaresxd
>>
getting better and better while seeing people on facebook get worse and worse is great.

regardless, I enjoy it and it makes me feel/look good.
>>
>>36414707
Based JoJo
>>
>>36414490
alcoholism and the realisation that i'd be dead if I didn't change my way. Also a visit to my doctor who pretty much told me that.
>>
>>36414490

>new years eve 2013
>be fat piece of shit, 6'2" 300+lbs
>my big bro, big as in 450lbs of pure fatass invites me over to party and shit for new years
>i get wasted pretty quick while he proceeds to cook an entire fucking mountain of food for us and his girlfriend
>a duck, 5lbs of chicken wings, 3ft pot of hotdogs and beans, four fucking packets of hotdogs complete with delicious heart clogging bacon, 4 cans of creamed corn, giant bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy from the duck, and iirc pizza bites.
>his gf barely eats any of it, me and him eat almost every god damn thing i listed in one night, we both puked and then we ate even more
>wake up the next day hungover and realise what we just did
>disgusted with myself and my brother
>after i left his house started looking into diets, and after trying like 3 fad diets that didn't do shit i found /fit/
>lost 315lbs since then

still about 20% bf but its not too bad, been making pretty decent gains since planet shitness opened up here a few months back
couldn't get my brother to diet and exercise with me he's decided he'd rather "die young and happy being able to eat what he wants" than have a healthy lifestyle
>>
Wrestled in highschool always kinda lean but scrawny, not a skelly. Once I graduated I joined the navy. Got a job working construction for a bit got 2 heatstrokes and quit. Was in pretty decent shape then. Only had 2 months before boot and thought nothing would happen if I just took a break and just play and be lazy, went from 160 to 195 of just fat. Went to boot and had to get taped and i couldn't even pass the prt that I mocked when I saw it when I dep'd in. Lost 20 lbs in boot and swore to myself I'd never get that out of shape again.
>>
File: 1450943476445.jpg (71 KB, 750x724) Image search: [Google]
1450943476445.jpg
71 KB, 750x724
combo of getting pushed around in late middle/early high school and never attracting girls. fitness = attraction to girls and deterrent to guys, 2 birds/1 stone

>tfw 30 now
>never get laid
>havent dated anyone in 4 years

mfw but i never been beat up
>>
>>36414809
keep going bro
>>
>>36414640
> bought one dumbbell

:) such a nice story about the struggle of life, brings a tear to my eyes
>>
>>36414603
You may have "muscle dysmorphia" like a surprising number of other people on /fit/. It's sometimes called megarexia and instead of being anorexic and not eating, you become obsessed with working out and getting swole.

Of all the possible mental disorders to have, it's probably the only one that is beneficial to your long term physical health though it can take a toll on your psyche.
>>
>>36414490
Realised I wouldn't be living long at 20 stone
>>
>>36414809
damn, how many people were invited? your bro seems based as fuck for pulling that banquet. Don't give up trying to pull him into the light, he's your bro.
>>
>>36414707
fucking secondaries
>>
>>36414490
I didn't want my daughters to be ashamed when other kids said "my dad is stronger than yours".

Tfw 4 years of powerlifting blasts you pas all the skinnyfat "tough mudder" dads
>>
>>36414490
bad life choices lead to me going military. don't wanna be a bad representation of my country etc.
>>
>>36414964
I will

>>36415069
as far as i know he invited me and two of his friends who didn't bother to show up
of course he didn't even start cooking till i was there for a good hour or two when he told us to come over.

but yeah i won't give up on this fat fuck, last time i convinced him to come to the gym with me he left after less than 10 minutes of cardio because his knee hurt.

seriously scared for him as of late,
he's been telling me about these "sulfur burps" he's been getting for awhile now, but still refuses to diet and exercise
>>
File: Julius Stare.png (76 KB, 662x413) Image search: [Google]
Julius Stare.png
76 KB, 662x413
>>36414490
I had a crush on a girl for all of highschool but never acted on it because I was a skinnyfat loser and she was a slim volleyball player.
4 years. 4 years of feeling worthless and disgusting. 4 years of watching her stay single. 4 years of us making sarcastic quips to each other over shitty movies that I thought were cool. 4 fucking years.
Even after all this time I still think about her every single day.
I lift because I don't want to ever have anything so precious to me escape me again. Even if I live the rest of my life regretting her, I won't let something like it happen again.
>>
>>36415346

Many of us have similar memories.

Your problem continues though, imagining she is "so precious". Its like you've erased your future. Imagine a relationship so good its better that you could possibly imagine

I know one thing, you WILL look back on this belief as silly, stupid, vain, and meaningless. Unless you are a total neckbeard serial killer.
>>
File: 1408138692467.jpg (70 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1408138692467.jpg
70 KB, 480x480
>watch Darker than Black
>want to be ''ripped'' like Chinese batman

Yes, I was that autistic.
>>
Because it was only normal for me to do so.
>>
>>36415346
Call her mate
You can't win if you don't play
>>
Pressure from society
>>
>>36415470
Everybody is autistic here, where do you think you are anon.
>>
>>36414490
I got fed up with being a fat fuck. Double chins, love handles, squeezing into my clothes. I felt disgusting. I've been going to the gym for the past two weeks and watching what I eat. I've never felt better.
>>
File: ATV-8-10.jpg (92 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
ATV-8-10.jpg
92 KB, 720x720
>>36414809
>"die young and happy being able to eat what he wants"

I hear this a lot around here too. What they don't understand is that the happy part dies off as they lose limbs, eyeballs, and mobility as time goes on.

Speaking of which, this guy here used to be the community manager for Star Citizen, a crowdfunded space game in development. I think he does something with the spaceships and playtesting now, but he's gotten a lot bigger since the kickstarter days. He even lost an eyeball to diabetes. He's talked about losing weight, but I haven't seen any progress lately, even though all he has to do to drop a good portion of his weight is to cut calories and walk every day.
>>
>>36414490
Dating a /fit/ girl from my local it class made me want to get fit.
>>
>>36414490
for you
>>
I started getting /fit/ again back in September

When I was in the Air Force, my diet consisted of two good size meals throughout the day, no snacking.

Basically, I'd have a cup of coffee in the morning, go to work (security forces), maybe have a small bag of chips and then get chow at lunch time (nothing huge, just average portions).

After work, I'd either make another trip to the chow hall, or grab a combo meal from Taco Bell or Subway. I didn't have any food at home, just stuff to make coffee, so my weight was a constant 160 at 5'10 in the service.

When I seperated, I started living with my folks, who didn't really buy that many snacks, so I stayed the same.

After I met my wife and we started living together, we started shopping, and I had a habit of throwing in snacks into the cart. My wife wanted me to eat healthy, but I did a fuck ton of grazing and eating oily shit at work.

When I transitioned into IT, it got worse with even more snacks at work and at home. When the company took ID photos and I saw myself, I looked like a carbon copy of my overweight brother. My wife later urged me to go jogging because she was worried about my health, so I did. I had the C25K infopic saved a while back but I never really went through with it. That time I decided to start and completed the program.

My diet was still shit, but the small gut I had at the beginning began to melt away. I started browsing /fit/, started counting calories, and got on Scooby's workouts.

Now I'm back to my air force weight and I'm slowly moving up my caloric intake to maintain. Looking around at work, I'm probably one of the few people in shape at the company now. I'd like to have a new ID photo, but then again, the old serves as a reminder of what I had become. The other thing is now my wedding ring slips off constantly. The wife is a lot more forward now. She usually comes up and grabs my cock and balls every so often.
>>
>>36414490
I was always fit. Playing soccer since I've been 6 years old. I'm 25 now. Started lifting 8 years ago though for college soccer. that focused on performance/strength/explosiveness. Now I'm focusing on hypertrophy while still playing soccer.
>>
>>36414490
Lost the best job of my life over an innocent, honest mistake but they wouldn't have it and fired my ass. I got mad af and called my friend that had been telling me to come lift with him a month prior. I took him up on it, joined the gym that same night and went on from there. Dropped a lot of weight but I'm still not where I want to be. I got a better paying but much more labor intensive job and still swing by my old job just to show em how much better I became without them. Place is a ghost town now lol.
>>
>>36414490
jojo
>>
>>36418870
>innocent, honest mistake
>>
>>36418309
He isnt the community manager anymore? Is that Jared now?
Anyway he should really lose weight. His wife (alexis) is fat as fuck too
>>
My husband. I want to be a totally hot ass wife for him, and I also for myself.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.