[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> always workout by myself > never talk about it to anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
> always workout by myself
> never talk about it to anyone
> sitting in linguistics class
> guy from football team looks at me
> "is that a meal replacement shake?"
> yeah
> "I didn't know you were unto health and shit like that"?
> stupid question but I yield
> We start talking about fitness diets etc
> "you should come lift with the football team"
> s..sure

Lads. I'm a social autist. If I'm not working out its vidya, anime, and warhammer 40k

What if they ask me loaded questions? What if I spill my spaghetti?
>>
>>36412412
Sounds to me like someone is suffering from low test syndrome. Get your shit together mate, worrying about having a regular interaction with a couple of guys is retarded. You wanna lose that social anxeity? The only way is trough social exposure, trust me, it's good to be able to have casual interaction with people without feeling like spaghetti is gonna flow out.
>>
>>36412560
Ok. I'll give it a shot
>>
>>36412598
Good for you.
Just gotta get over those few hurdles, after that it gets easier quite fast.
>>
>>36412412
Social interaction isn't nearly as hard as everyone here makes it out to be. You'll do fine bud, might even have some good lifting friends in a bit
>>
>>36412412
dude, just be honest, don't pretend to be someone that you aren't, if they ask if you like football, just say you don't, if they ask what you like, say vidya, anime, and warhammer 40k. If they start pestering you abut it, it won't even be worth persuing friendship. But maybe some guys there also like anime and games man, and you can make real bros
>>
>>36412412
>>36412773

Maybe leave out the anime part dude. Not saying everyone who likes anime is a neckbeard brony artist, but its definitely associated by neckbeard brony autists. People who post on this board probably have a certain level of tolerance for anime, but normies probably just think it's weird weeaboo shit.

Just say you're into Vidya and Warhammer. Still nerdy, but socially acceptable
>>
>>36412412
just remember the fact that he offered for you to join them at least means he singularly would like to spend time with you, he'd like to be your bro.
that's a pretty big compliment
>>
>>36412862
this
>>
give him the d
>>
>>36412862
haha, ok, leave the anime out until you know them better
>>
>>36412412
If you're uncomfortable, listen first. Get a sense for how they act and react with each other. Make small talk if they initiate, but there's nothing wrong with being the quiet one when you first meet new people. Introduce yourself, wait to see what they talk about. If any of your interests or hobbies pop up (more footy Chads play video games and watch anime than you might think - usually normie-tier, but still), take it chill, mention you're into them too. If they ask what games/anime or whatever, drop some well-known and popular ones, then ask what they watch/play. If there's a weeb there and runs off a list of ching chong nip nong moonspeak names of anime, you'll be safe.
>>
>>36412412
What are your lifts?
>>
>>36412773
>maybe some guys there also like anime
>guys there also like anime
>guys
>anime
kek
>>
>>36412412
fuck you attidute

do things like you ment to do them, fuck it. dont talk about your personal things because you dont care, if they ask then say whatever you feel like saying

your goal is to have fun and you get that from observing how people react when you talk bullshit or whatever it doesnt really matter. you learn people when you stop caring about your and their feelings, so roll with it. its healthy for you and them, well maybe until someone dies but whatever
>>
>>36412412
Spill some spaghetti, so what? You don't have to reveal your full power level. If you're gonna talk vida talk shooters and sports, if you're gonna talk anime be like 'I like watching the fights'. If anyone knows what Warhammer is they'll likely just be on your side. It's not that hard to reign in the massive autist and just play chill.
>>
>>36412412
Sports bros are fuckin bros. If you spaghetti a little they might rip on you a little, but don't take it personally. As long as you don't go full r9k you'll be fine. >>36412871
This.
>>36413421
I wouldn't be too quiet imo. Go talk, socialize, have a good time. Don't be a loud asshole, but don't just sit there with your mouth shut looking at the ground
>>
I used to be a sperglord Fo soo long until my junior year
Most of this is good advice
Trust yourself
Don't overshare
Engage in conversation if you have a question or something to contribute
Find common ground
Don't freak the Fuck out if you drop some noodles your a real person just like them
As far as the anime don't be the first to bring it up
At least till you get to know them a little bit
Even then wait till there talking about tv or movies
Recommended something awesome and easy to get into
IE cowboy bebop or one punch man
It gets so much easier
Nothing in life is better than good friends
>>
All these autists on here. Youre already lifting with these guys, thats the main thing thatll carry you through. U can say you like bronies and shit but if u lift properly theyll make fun of you but not judge u seriously. At the end of the day theyll think youre cool because u lift and youre a character
>>
>>36412862
this, leave anime out. I've found out that warhammer reach alot of people
>>
>>36412862
It depends on how well you know the person really. If the topic of shows comes up, don't just jump in an declare "I LIEK T3H ANIMES". Talk about normalfag shows and if the conversation gets tangential you can add in a few animes, but refer to them as "shows".

Some people will reject it immediately as weird basement dweller shit. Hell, I was drunkenly making out with a girl once and brought up the fact that I watch anime for some reason. She said
>anime? that's for weird people
So I dropped the conversation and went back to performing mouth to mouth resuscitation.

And for everything that is pure and holy under the God Emperor, don't talk about *those* animes.
>>
Yeah, as a closet nerd fag I can agree on the whole don't talk about anime stuff, nigga even nerds judge other nerds for that shit. But yeah, just go for the common grounds and try and be a bro (a.k.a. a real human bean) and fat chance you'll fit right in. Don't overthink stuff and just try and have a laugh.

But seriously, at first keep it at normie stuff, atleast 'till after the first time, gotta have a bit of a steady footing to start mentioning you like figurines and shit.
>>
looking to get in the warhammer universe, what books (preferably audio) would you guys recommend?
>>
File: 1452739650189.jpg (40 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1452739650189.jpg
40 KB, 500x667
>>36412412
Go to a different gym, senpai
>>
Just go and try to have fun. They already like you, and it's not like your going to be sitting around a party or some shit where to have to primarily socialize. Since you'll be at the gym, there'll be plenty to do and talk about. Just seriously do not fucking talk about anime. Like another anon said, I am a nerd who likes anime and even I judge other people for talking about it.
>>
>>36420106
Audio is for queers. That being said I recommend the Ghaunts Ghosts novels, the Ciaphas Cain series, The Eisenhorn Trilogy and the Ravenor books. Avoid the pre Heresy/during heresy books until you are more familiar with the universe and concepts as a whole.

I personally recommend starting with the Cain and Eisenhorn books, as both are quality reads. Cain is humorous in a fictional universe where humor doesn't exist and Eisenhorn is just a fantastic read.
>>
>>36420157
Whats wrong with audio books? I like l to listen to them when doing cardio
>>
File: 1457557007497.png (326 KB, 638x900) Image search: [Google]
1457557007497.png
326 KB, 638x900
>>36419279
I play rugby, bounce at local bars, and lift with people who train for lumber jack competitions. When ever they see me on battlescribe I just tell them the truth. It always ends up with them either being interested or switching subject.
>>
>>36420157
Gaunts ghosts that takes me back to junior high. So good
>>
>>36420233
I'm always impressed when people talk about listening to audio books while doing cardio. Most of the time my brain is so blasted from just focusing on keeping my limbs moving forward that I can't imagine trying to draw information out from an audio book.
>>
File: cumsiisssyytittyyy.png (704 KB, 855x439) Image search: [Google]
cumsiisssyytittyyy.png
704 KB, 855x439
>>36412862

this senpai desu roodypoo

Anime is absolute retard-tier for mentally broken manchildren and there is a reason why normies have the disgust reaction to it, which is a natural human ability designed to protect us from things that are harmful.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.