[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To all you natty faggots on /fit/: Please AVOID the bulk/cut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
To all you natty faggots on /fit/: Please AVOID the bulk/cut phases most bodybuilders do. Its not a meme - it does work. Just not if you're natural
>>
good advice on /fit/, bizarre desu bro
>>
File: hot_damn.png (597 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
hot_damn.png
597 KB, 577x1024
This. Just eat at a deficit year round - build fat, lose muscled, simple as a bean.
>>
>>36399079
You literally have to eat at a surplus in order to build muscle and strength, even if that surplus is slight, unless you're a beginner
>>
>>36399204
>build fat, lose muscle
best kek I've had since Piana threads in his Mutant days
>>
so what shoul I do?
I'm cutting... should I stay fat? Help me desu. 20% bf f4g here
>>
>>36399242
you have to stay fat
there's no way out
nothing works
>>
>>36399242

so I guess you're natty; google "body recomposition" and educate yourself
>>
File: 4scoops.jpg (53 KB, 559x568) Image search: [Google]
4scoops.jpg
53 KB, 559x568
>>36399296
>body recomp
>>
>>36399079
this is true, too bad this thread will be ignored and 90% of natty lifters will bulk and cut the same 20 lbs yearly
>>
I just lift and eat well, diet down when I feel.to fat, thats it really
>>
What is recomp? Each site has a different definition.

Is it eating at maintenance? Eating above on lift days and under on off days? Eating at a small surplus?
>>
What exactly is the alternative to the bulk/cut cycle?

>inb4 the 'recomp' meme
>>
>>36399403
Honestly, if your goal is to gain muscle, bulk for as long as you can without getting fat. Basically eating clean slightly above maintenance while getting stronger.
This is a much better alternative to just bulking and cutting every few months and never getting stronger / gaining very little muscle.
>>
>>36399403

set up a desired weight. look the macros for that weight. eat that every day while lifting consistently. at some point you'll get there.

source: i went to broscience university
>>
File: 1446596107016.jpg (549 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1446596107016.jpg
549 KB, 1200x800
So wait wait wait....this progress pic is outdated but the same generally.

So by scoobys calculator my tdee is like 2200...so should I eat like 2300 a day while lifting 3x a week and just go for muscle and strength?
>>
File: bateman.png (80 KB, 992x390) Image search: [Google]
bateman.png
80 KB, 992x390
>>36399079
I have been repeating this every now and then since I came her for the first time 2 years ago, glad to see SOMEONE gets it. keep fighting the good fight.
>>
File: icanteattothis.gif (2 MB, 277x202) Image search: [Google]
icanteattothis.gif
2 MB, 277x202
>>36400000
FUCK YOU

quints wasted on reposting your shitty pic from your thread everyone is ignoring because the only valid answer is

READ

THE

FUCKING

T
I
C
K
Y

faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
>>36400000
Quints ruined

Captcha cookies on a cut
>>
File: 425.jpg (47 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
425.jpg
47 KB, 300x291
Help me bros, I really really need motivation, and I just don't know how to keep it up. After a really short period (2 weeks) of doing light exercise (pushups, bicep curls, other bodyweight bullshit) every other day of the week, I think I've started to feel like I'm getting out of skelly mode. The problem is I don't know if I can keep up with caloric intake and I don't know if it's even gonna make a change if I don't lift heavier. Every time I try to commit and go to the gym I end up feeling sick and being about to puke at the gym for reasons unknown to me, so I don't know if it's any good just to keep doing the lightweight shit at home and trying to eat lots. Being skelly mode I'm really self conscious at the gym, too, so that's why I do stuff at home. The other problem is that I'm a student so I don't really have the dough to binge on food all day to gain weight. I've looked for meal plans on a budget for gaining weight but they all include gainer shakes which I can't afford to buy constantly, and even if I omitted that, I don't think I could manage to gorge down all the food that these plans suggest.

What's the next step, /fit/? What can I do to gain weight even in my condition? What should I do first? What's top priority?
>>
>>36402342

Dude, you're probably hyper-ventilating at the gym due to your anxiety. The best thing you can do is take deep breaths to settle yourself, get some good music on some headphones, and just keep yourself centered.

If you have 24 hour gyms go late at night to acclimate yourself to the environment. Then slowly expose yourself to more and more people. Start going at 2 AM, then 12 AM, then 10 PM, etc. As you make gains you'll feel less self-conscious, and as you go earlier and earlier you'll realize people generally don't give a fuck.
>>
>>36399338
recomp is a meme unless you're using drugs.
>>
>>36402342
1. Go to the gym at weird times, or just realize that literally nobody cares about you being there
2. Just eat 500 calories above your TDEE you can afford 500 more calories than your TDEE lmao if not you should worry about not getting shot in whatever ghetto you probably live in instead of lifting
>>
>>36402393
Thanks, this is good advice, but at the moment I only have the school gym to go to because, again, can't pay a gym membership, and even if I saved up a bit every month to pay for it, I'd lose money that could be used for buying calories. Still, school is pretty far so it's a hassle going there, plus it's super small (pretty much only 1 of each machine, and not a lot of variety either) and it gets full of people in the more accessible schedules. My problem at the gym is mostly that even if I lift heavier than the puny dumbells I have at home, for some reason I don't feel sore or swollen but I still get weak, it feels like it's all in vain. Any advice on the food?
>>
>>36402494
What's your diet like right now?
>>
>>36402664
Well, sometimes I'll have maybe two sandwiches before school and a glass of whole milk (maybe 13-14 oz). At around 3 pm I'll eat things like pork or other meat, I don't have a lot of control over the portion sizes here since it's my mom who prepares and packs the food before I bring it to where I live. Usually it's a decent amount but not quite enough to fully fill me up, I've always eaten only until I finish my plate anyway because once I'm not super hungry I lose appetite and not think about serving myself some more. Anyway, sometimes I also eat this meal with milk because I like it and I bought a lot of it so I can just drink as much as I can, that's the one thing I can binge on. Sometimes I'll have a snack in the afternoon like oreos and another glass of milk, or whatever. At night, I'll have more milk and some greek yogurt with granola, sometimes I'll have sandwiches, sometimes quesadillas and hotdogs, or any combination of these. The days I work out I eat two cans of tuna with toast.

You can see I drink a lot of milk, 1 to 2 liters a day. Maybe this is what keeps me from losing weight, but beside that I'm surprised I don't. To me it doesn't sound like a lot of calories, specially considering that caloric intake calculators give me like 2200 kcal a day, which I'm not even sure if I reach right now. I guess if I really want to commit to this, I could spend all my money on food since I don't really go out often anyway, but the problem is I can't cook very well. Anyway, that's how I usually eat.
>>
>>36402342
GOMAD homo
>>
confuse ur muscles

go up to the leg press machine then sprint over to the bench and bang out a quick set

then say out loud

" well time to hit some triceps "

then run over and do calf raises.

this is legit.
>>
>>36399242
This is obviously a b8 thread
>>
>>36402342
Take some Ashwahgandha
>>
>>36403032
When wanted to gain lean, muscular mass (not a dirty bulk) I started off with a for egg white omelette and some ground turkey or chicken. Then I would eat two grilled chicken breasts for lunch with spinach. Before lifting I mixed creatine with preworkout and after lifting I had another scoop of creatine and a protein shake with regular eggs. It might not be the best but it worked for me. Hope it helps.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.