[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To all you retards who lift for girls Why don't you spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (299 KB, 1300x870) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299 KB, 1300x870
To all you retards who lift for girls
Why don't you spend your time one the one guaranteed, PROVEN way to swim in pussy?

Learning an instrument can get ANYONE laid
Even the most dyel manlet will drown in chicks just from playing in some shitty band

Right now, you're wasting your time in the gym while some other scrawny nerd is taking the smarter path

By all means, lift for yourself, but if you want to get girls, music is INFINETELY superior
>>
You can play guitar and be a DYEHS
>>
>>36394156
>freshmen actually believe this
>>
Not all guitar playing is equal though. You just have to learn faggy Oasis and Mumford and Sons to get girls. They don't care if you can play Rust in Peace cover to cover.
>>
>>36394191
I know a guy who plays in a bottom-tier, nameless band
They travel around and play at pubs and shit, he STILL has several girls waiting for him backstage after each gig

Unless you're a complete social retard, being in a band is guaranteed pussy
>>
>>36394156
I have no musical talent. I'm much better at lifting weights
>>
I'm the best guitarist I know and girls don't give a shit.

If you look good, sing popular romantic songs and just strum away on your guitar then it works.

Girls don't give a shit how diverse your pentatonic licks can get or how sick your distorted tone sounds
>>
File: rippedsinger.jpg (5 KB, 236x198) Image search: [Google]
rippedsinger.jpg
5 KB, 236x198
>implying music is the reason this handsome devil gets ungodly amounts of puss 24/7
>>
>>36394210
Go play an instrument and drown in pussy then.
>>
File: usingapussypad.jpg (46 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
usingapussypad.jpg
46 KB, 681x496
>>36394156

> lifting for girls
>>
>>36394210
Yeah you need to tour to get chicks and even then you can be an aspie musician
>>
I'm a bass player.

I only ever get dudes gay dudes asking to buy me drinks after a show...
>>
>>36394156
>tfw play guitar
>have for years
>haven't learnt any of the songs on my 'basic bitch music for sluts' song list yet because too busy learning songs i actually like

in fairness though, shit does work, but how often are you out with people drinking or whatever and just have your guitar with you?
>>
>>36394156
Why not both?
>>
>At a party
>"Hey Anon, you play guitar right?"
>They hand me the guitar
>No idea what to play
>Start doing some pentatonic licks
>Can feel peoples disappointment
>Chad comes, asks to borrow guitar, starts playing some generic pop song
>Everyone sings along and forget I even exist

Every time
>>
this only works for guitar.
Maybe piano, but you can't carry those around.

Drummers, bassists (lel), and other instruments are not going to attract pussy because you either can't bring your instrument with you to parties or things, or because your instrument is faggot-tier like bass guitar or tamborine.
>>
>>36394156
(*) only works if you have a good looking face
like blue eyes, nice body...
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
>>36394321
>I'm a bass player
>>
>>36394321
Just lead em on and cop a few free drinks, then get the fuck out of there before they try rape you
>>
>>36394388
>pentatonic licks

Lol how long you been playing guitar for? 2 years? Learn your modes, chicks dig that shit.
>>
File: tumblr_nuq6l88a371ufqf11o1_500.gif (1009 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuq6l88a371ufqf11o1_500.gif
1009 KB, 500x220
>All these guitar plebs
>Not taking a qtπ to your room to show her your theremin
>>
>>36394495
What? There are many great guitar players who don't stray far from pentatonics. If im playing clean then i'll use minor and major interchangeably.

I don't think chicks give a fuck about modes man. They only care about the songs
>>
>>36394210

What a pathetic reason to start an instrument.

> play guitar
> get pussy

You won't have the motivation to do the practise necessary if all you fixate on is vapid whiores
>>
>>36394589
Lol pretty much every guy starts playing guitar to get pussy, you see the famous rock stars getting drowned in vag and think
"shit yeah man i want that".

But then after a while playing you realise there is so much to playing an instrument and you keep playing for the love of music.
>>
>>36394585
>There are many great guitar players who don't stray far from pentatonics

Such as?
>>
I am an aesthetic good looking kunt, I can play guitar and sing.
It sure gets the girls attention.
>>
>>36394643
I just researched modes, and basically my concept of combining major and minor pentatonics just leaves me with a major scale. As I understand it that just needs to be played over varying chords to be called a mode?

That's fucking easy, man

SRV, Albert King, BB King, Buddy Guy
>>
Do SHW's still make faster strength gains on average than lightweights when they maintain bodyweight?
>>
>>36394156
I learnt to play some Irish folk songs on 5string banjo.
It never got me laid.

At least being a big cunt gets me occasional mires, and doesn't require me carrying around an instrument all the time.
>>
>>36394585
Learn the chords C, G, Am, and F and you can play 90% of modern music. Add in D, Bm, and E and you can play the rest. It's dead simple and then you can resume playing stuff that actually interests you while keeping the crowd-pleasers up your sleeve.
>>
>>36394750
Those are babby chords I play lead electric guitar in an expirimental psych/grunge band
>>
>>36394695
>SRV

dead

>Albert King

dead

>BB King

dead

>Buddy Guy

black

Checkmate
>>
>>36394792
I'm fucking black you faggot
>>
>>36394156
I bought an electric piano but then realised that that I don't really see a reason learning it because I can always listen to rerords and my motivanion dwindled.

Can someone please tell me what is great about being able to play music yourself ? Serious question, I do want to learn but I don't see a point at the moment.
>>
>>36394695

There's a bit more to modes than that, and you would know if you actually studied modal jazz instead of theory or Gregorian chants. In essence, each mode has a certain feel to it ('cool' for Dorian, 'eastern' for Phrygian are some usual comments) and the basic idea of modal playing is to utilise them freely to create interesting melodies and textures. Take a listen to So What or Sea Journey to get an idea.

And no, a mode is not the same thing as a major scale. Yes, modes are constructed from the major scale, but they all start from a different position of it. Playing C major scale over random chords is playing the C major scale over random chords and is not modal in any regard (modal music tends to use very few chords). An actual example of modal playing would be alternating the C major scale and the C lydian scale over a sustained C major chord.

Getting laid also doesn't require any actual musical knowledge; just learn a few popular and romantic songs and one or two acoustic shimmies like Spanish Romance and you're good to go.
>>
File: 1299827572337.jpg (34 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1299827572337.jpg
34 KB, 680x680
>not playing piano
>>
>>36394851
Then keep playing pentatonic licks you gimp.
>>
>>36394775
They are babby chords. That's the point - you learn the world's easiest guitar chords and suddenly you can play all the songs that girls fawn over.
>>
>>36394873
Yes i have heard So what. When you put it that way it seems much more interesting and i'll take a look into it tonight. Thanks anon
>>
>>36394906
>hurrr racism is cool
>i'm so edgy for talking shit to the black guy
>hurrr white power
fuck off
>>
>>36394936
>Then keep playing pentatonic licks you gimp.

What part of that was racist?
>>
>>36394862

It feels good. And after a while (1-2 years of consistent practice) you can improvise your own stuff. Studying an instrument to some kind of proficiency will also change the way you listen to music in general. There are also a lot of cognitive improvements associated with music, improved memory and empathy for instance.

But most of all playing music is a wonderful way to pass the time.

>>36394910

What you should do is learn the solos (or get a transcript) and see how they relate to the underlying structure. Which is two chords, in case you didn't notice (I certainly didn't when I knew nothing of jazz or modal music). Also remember to listen to different versions, here's a relatively recent one I enjoy: https://youtu.be/5aGKob81r_A
>>
>>36394950
>gimp
You quite literally called me stupid because I'm black.
>>
>>36394979
Gimp refers to someone who is physically retarded.
>>
>be classically trained pianist
>practice Beethoven Sonatas, Chopin etudes etc
>never in a situation in public where there's a piano present to impress girls
>mfw
>>
>>36395048
Lots of cafés, bars and lounges (even some libraries and many unis) have pianos in them that anyone's allowed to play. So there you have it.
>>
>>36395048
you kidding me nigga lots of places have pianos
>>
>>36395075
Everyone playing them looks like a complete cunt though
>>
>>36394979
>>36395005
We wuz kings n shit, you call me stupid U racist breh
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>>36394156
>learning an instrument for girls
>>
File: azzz.jpg (347 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
azzz.jpg
347 KB, 1600x1200
>>36394156

PLaying for girls is a meme just as much as lifting for girls is a meme. If you are ugly, no fucking guitar playing helps you, and I should know. I play it guitar and got 0 girls from it. Doesn't help that I learned only radiohead and pink floyd like an autist

Most driven musicians play alone in their room or studio anyway, they don't have time to waste to play for some whores.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.