[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you caring about how you look? I don't mean in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
How do you caring about how you look? I don't mean in a fuck-the-world-let's-stop-all-personal-hygiene-kind-of-way, but in terms of what you're born with. I know it doesn't help to constantly remind yourself that you're not attractive, but it's hard to stop when you look at yourself in the mirror every day. The worst thing is though, I look good in a full frontal picture, but as soon as I turn my head and show my profile it all goes to shit.
>>
>>36392967

stop caring* fuck
>>
Show us a photo of yourself and we will no bully mate
>>
>>36392979

I don't need someone else to tell me the same thing I tell myself every day.
>>
Are you an aspiring model? Looks only matter so much. What are your personal or career goals? Looks don't matter in this realm
>>
>>36393095

Actually, it's related to career somewhat. In the gym I don't really care how I look and have grown a lot more confident since I started. Yesterday I was offered to come to a job interview and since I've been a semi-NEET and a general shut-in for a while this has given me a lot of anxiety. I need a new haircut and some new clothes so I don't look retarded, and this is giving me confident issues for some reason. I don't know why I don't care in the gym, but out in the real world it's much scarier. Oh well.
>>
>>36392967
How did I stop caring what people think?

I've read enough of people opining on social media/other parts of the internet to realize that everybody is basically retarded.

I wouldn't trust or respect the opinion of an actual retard, so I don't trust or respect those who spew retarded shit.

This obviously changes for people I actually respect.
>>
>>36392967
Profile doesn't matter that much senpai

A general rule for faces, if you look good from the front, you may or may not have a good side profile. If you look bad from the front, you'll always have a shit profile.

What makes you think you have a bad profile anyway? A protruding chin or something? you should know that a strong chin and jaw is an attractive quality for men.
>>
>>36393371

I guess it's tied into my issue, but I've never actually been called ugly (not in a direct way I think at least). I just see myself this way. Then the natural response would be: "if you care about how you look it's because you care what people think about you" and I guess this is true. I know I SHOULDN'T care, but actually cementing this idea into my brain and to fully internalize it is the issue. It's not rational and many of our beliefs aren't but this doesn't make it any less real.
>>
>>36393466

My nose is not straight which gives me a good and a bad side which is fairly noticable, at least for me. I also have a weak chin which also worsens my profile, and not good enough beard growth to cover it. One day maybe.
>>
File: sadness.png (513 KB, 751x363) Image search: [Google]
sadness.png
513 KB, 751x363
>>36393466
Not OP, but I feel I have a similar situation. Average frontal view, and then really bad side view. A day doesn't pass where I don't spend 50% of the time thinking about what others think of me. Pic related is me, and god it sucks to be insecure.
>>
>>36393598
Dude. Your profile looks as good as your frontal. Stop beating yourself up, all that personal negativity isn't doing you any favors.

OP as well, post profile pics if you're that insecure. We'll tell you if its all in your head or not.
>>
>>36393598

profiles fine, front ons fine

only issue is your nose is too strong for your face, could be knocked down a bit and then you'd have a perfect face.

if you really wanted to nitpick your chin could project more on your profile, but front on it looks great.

uhh and I mean like nobody is really going to care, you have a very traditionally attractive Caucasian face.

think about shit less
>>
>>36393598
you look like dennis
>>
>>36393598
>>36393667

and to give it like a quantifiable rating I would genuinely give your face about an 8/10 or higher.

and thats not 4 chan rating like the retards who rate ugly people as a 6/10, this is genuine objective no shit rating.

easily an 8/10 face

do remember that attractiveness is cultural based, but to any white euro woman you're at least an 8/10 or higher.
>>
>>36393598
Looks perfectly fine buddy. Honest
I went through the same stuff being insecure bro
>>
>>36393598

OP here. Yeah you are like a 6-7, if not higher, and I consider myself a 4-5 maybe, if that.
>>
I'm an objective 3 in the face wise
I'm doing well for myself in life so far but every day I question if there's any point. Can I even be happy?
>>
>>36393629
>>36393667
Thanks anons, but I've struggled with this for so long, and nothing seems to change my mind set. I think I'll have to see a psychiatrist

>>36393693
Cool, I love IASIP

>>36393714
Thank you, but I am wondering how you got through being so insecure? It's ok if you don't want to answer or it's to complex, but I'm curious to know what could help me out of this mind set.

>>36393737
Hey OP, I hope you and I both lose this shitty insecurity stuff.
>>
>>36393763

I never actually care about it until I look myself in the mirror and start taking profile pics of myself to see how I look. When interact with people it's never on my mind. It's a weird "problem" to fix. Maybe removing all mirrors and deleting my camera app would work, kek.
>>
>>36393763

uh ye go and try to fuck a girl, and then notice how easy you'll probably find doing that.
>>
>>36392967

1.) The average person is a goddamn dribbling retard who can't even open up a book to read

2.) nobody cares about you.

Once you internalize those two things, placing extreme importance on how you look becomes silly since you are trying to impress people who don't care and aren't smart enough to care.

This doesn't mean smoke weed and don't shower, basically you start dressing and acting well because it makes life a lot easier when people think you are somebody who matters.
>>
I'd rather know how to get over things you've done to yourself accidentally.

>tore bicep, minor deformity. Can't tell if it's truly uncomfortable or if I just think it is b.c it looks different
>potentially caused a very slightly cracked front tooth because I was picking at it since something was there that didn't use to be

First world problems, except maybe the first one. I still can't tell but fuck they annoy me and it feels bad.
>>
>>36392967
>based on your facial structure
Find a haircut that suits you
Glasses that are asthetic
>based on your body structure
Buy clothes that fit you, get them tailored if needed (pretty cheap)
Learn fashon, colors, patterns, materials, etc.
Work out
>fix your:
Body posture, smile (practice in a mirror), speech (record yourself talking) and body language
>meditate
Fix your brain
>Anything else
Learn to accept what nature gave you, nobody cares about a whiney bitch and nobody really gives a shit about your negative features
>>
File: 20160312_152938-1.jpg (1 MB, 1166x2130) Image search: [Google]
20160312_152938-1.jpg
1 MB, 1166x2130
I feel so fugly as well. I'm still not sure if it's on my mind or if it's a fact. Pls halp
>>
>>36394631
dress better
>>
>>36394683
Face?
>>
File: Picture 15.jpg (40 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Picture 15.jpg
40 KB, 500x400
>>36394100
how do you fix your smile?
mine looks stupid and goofy.
>>
>>36394631
You look small and beta but you aren't ugly in my opinion.

My gf (6-7/10) says she would date you.
>>
>>36394631
yea dress better your face is fine you just look kinda young maybe change hairstyle idk
>>
>>36394738
Aw yes thank you! Feels kinda good!
>>
>>36394631
You look like captain america before the steroids and tests, the beta him
>>
>>36394692
get a better haircut that works better with your face, you are trying to dress formal and like an adult, which is a good thing, but you have a boyish face and haircut that is kind of out of style atm. also, stop wearing that shirt, unless it is saint patricks day.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-20-02-17-54.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-20-02-17-54.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Is there hope for this face desu
>>
>>36394720
Try different types
More teeth, less teeth
Wider smile, shorter smile
Pay attention to how your eyes squint
Do what makes you FEEL most CONFIDENT for a natural smile, take pictures of yourself for an artificial yet esthetic smile
>>
>>36394720
are you actually smiling in that pic? It looks like a disgusted face
>>
>>36394859
nope. just drunk off some ipa (i forgot I hate them).
>>
>>36394848
ok. Thanks.
>>
File: _20160315_170458.jpg (226 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
_20160315_170458.jpg
226 KB, 1080x1920
is there any hope for me
>>
>>36394631
Fix the hair and outfit, really giving off a kid who hands out fliers at the church look
>>
>>36395036
Any advice on haircuts?
>>
>>36395035
Remove that pedostache immediatly, otherwise probably 5/10
>>
File: 1457463212434.png (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457463212434.png
58 KB, 800x600
>>36394829
Tfw no replies
>>
>>36394829

Apart from your (I assume) resting bitch face, you're a bit above average I'd say.
>>
>>36395465
Ty
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.