[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I just become an hero /fit/? I feel like I'm giving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 1457388428593.jpg (92 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1457388428593.jpg
92 KB, 601x508
Should I just become an hero /fit/?

I feel like I'm giving up. I can't even muster the strength to workout lately. I just came off a major depression, and now I'm going back into another. I started going to college because I figured I should do something. I'm 3 years shy of 30 with nothing to show for it, but now I'm more fucked up than I've been in years. Almost every day after school, I spend the rest of the day depressed, thinking of my social ineptitude. I can't even focus on my studies.

A while ago, a relative came to live with me for a few months. I was not able to open up to him, or be more myself around him at all despite being around him every day for months. I can't hug my grandmother, who I've known my whole life and who is the person I'm closest to. I can't say I love you back to my aunt whenever she says it to me, even though outside of my grandmother, she's the closest person to me. If I can't do these simple things, then how can a woman ever fall in love with me?
>>
>>36390667
no one likes to hear this but have u considered getting professional help?
>>
>>36390667
I was in your situation

Joined the Army and enlisted as a construction job so I could find something to do after while going to school instead of being stuck as a retard with no skills after.

Highly recommend. Just doing it gave me a sense of purpose and that killed my depression. Ship out in 12 days.

Go talk to a recruiter.
>>
>>36390667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC-G0cho-1I
>>
>>36390697
Considered it long ago, but don't have health insurance anyway...
>>
>>36390667
You sound like me a couple years ago. Im still pretty fucked in the head but im definitely in a better place than before. Best advice i can give is a few monikers: "A significant other cannot make you happy, they can only supplement it", "Every suicide attempt survivor has said they were glad they didn't die from the attempt", "Happiness is more a mindstate than it is an emotion". I still say things like this to myself sometimes when the "darkness" comes. Good luck anon.
>>
>>36390729
Same here, i enlist in 30 days as a mechanic, and after my period of service I'm planning to transfer to the cavalry or simply leave as a qualified mechanic and work on big rigs

Good luck to you bro
>>
>>36390729

This or get a job in sales. Force yourself to break out of your shell. It's fucking brutal but worth it
>>
>>36390667
You need to focus on fixing the important qualities of life. Find a career that you enjoy that supplies you with enough free-time to explore and live a little. You've still got a few more years before things get weird if you're without a stable job and income. People don't settle down till their early to mid thirties anyways. I would really suggest you look into some self-help type stuff. Maybe, at your school, talk to a counselor about taking a personality test and see what the reflects in terms of suitable career options and shit (not that it's so black and white) but that may be a place to start. Pop on over to /lit/ and ask them what the recommend for self-improvement.

I hope you find something to get through this spell.
>>
>>36390731
>pull a jewelry heist
Kek
>>
>>36390667

Stop trying to stay comfortable you loser.
>>
>>36390667
Also, jog a mile a day. I know this sounds weird, but it has pretty drastic effects on quality of life and emotional health. Do it on a treadmill, shoot for between 10 to 12 minutes (or sooner if you can). Just make it an easy ritual, it'll take less than fifteen minutes.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 248x249
>>36390777
>>
>>36390667
I was the same like most of the other anons in this thread, became a nihilist which somehow helped deal with my problems, because of this started throwing myself into uncomfortable situations because why the fuck not life is pointless anyway. Surprisingly after doing this enough started to change and see shit differently, started enjoying talking to people making new friends found out i really like to make people laugh.

All you an do is change your life drastically and hope for improvement
>>
>>36390667

Don't worry op I'm 26 with two degrees but no job
>>
>>36390777

Trips confirm

OP would be foolish not to listen
>>
>>36390745
."Every suicide attempt survivor has said they were glad they didn't die from the attempt"
Horse shit.
>>
>>36390816

I went stem/neuroscience. Even with good test scores and lab experience every grad school turned me down.

Labs want me to work for free basically and im better off working front desk at planet fitness.

Life really hates me for some reason.
>>
>>36390843
The ones who weren't glad couldn't say it. Failed shotgun suicides aren't pretty.
>>
>>36390667
OP I believe you can find happiness, keep trying
>>
>>36390667

Enlist in the Navy or maybe the Marines if you're crazy. College is bullshit.
>>
Well OP, as naive as I may sound, is this depression you describe something which is mostly to do with your genetics (ie would exist regardless of what your life was like, like bipolar or schizophrenia) or is it more of a product of your lot in life? Obviously it won't be one or the other, but unless you feel as though you can not and never could be happy, there are things you can do; solutions which are much less drastic than suicide are out there.

You say you are socially inept. I suffered that for years. Despite being socially astute (which you clearly are because you know what is social ineptitude and what isn't), you can't seem to bring yourself to socialize properly. In my experience this is a confidence issue, not an actual lack of social skill, though it can seem like it at the time.

Now, millions of Americans are drugged up and go to therapy etc not because they are genetically destined to doom and gloom, but because their lives suck. The guy who's wife leaves him is suddenly 'diagnosed' with this 'disease', coincidentally while his life is in a shambles. That's the problem - his life is in a shambles, and I am willing to bet you are in a similar situation, which is good, because shambli can be fixed. So get a life that doesn;t suck, basically.

Just something to think about. Self-identifying as being depressed is insanely harmful and I'm trying to make you not do that, for all the help it will do you.
>>
>>36390667
SS + GOMAD
>>
I'm 26 and I feel like my life is half way over I wasted so much time not making money or banging hot girls. I feel one of these days I will snap out of it and make it. The one life I got and I fucked it up. I guess the only thing left to do is get a hot grill pregnant. Then at least I felt like I had a purpose in life
>>
>>36390909
>making money or banging hot girls
this reeks of america

other things exist, honestly. look at dan blizerian, he lives that life, but he has no friends, no girlfriend and is lonely as fuck/pathetic. so don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>36390909
You're never going to be happy bud
Hot chicks will very soon be out of your age range, even if you do find one any marry her she'll age just like you and you'll be stuck with whatever fucked personality traits she has you chose to ignore because of her tits and ass, money is pretty awesome but it won't last unless you land a job earning six figures or some shit.
Try find something you want that wasn't thrust upon you by society growing up as a dude, money and hot chicks are at best a distraction, nothing you should revolve your life around.
>>
>>36390921

Living in America tho and just in general for a guy, not having those things makes your life much more difficult. Money and bitches aren't a direct link to happiness but in my case it is. I was spoiled when I was a kid and the anxiety of not having a lot of money sucks. Then all the no gf stuff you see. Darwin was right the point of life is to reproduce even if your genetics are shit
>>
>>36390958
you are so decided that you are unhappy, that you are unhappy.
>>
>>36390953

Ass and tits are all I care about anyway so I think I could handle having a gf
>>
>>36390967

People don't decide to be happy or unhappy. If it was really that simple nobody would actually choose to be unhappy over happy. Brain chemistry 101
>>
>>36390994
you missed my point

that guy has thrown in the towel. he's trying to hail a cab without putting his hand out, and whining when it drives past. he's self identified with being unhappy, so he's unhappy.
>>
>>36390975
You can handle a tinder date and quick fuck at best with that attitude
The hardest thing for a dude is to pay attention to a girl for her personality even when she's waving her tits in your face, once you figure out how to do that, talking and flirting becomes 100x easier because you're mentally focused
Do what you want anon, personally i believe the best thing a guy can have is a woman who can make you laugh, think deep and meaningful thoughts, then sit on your face
>>
>>36390667
> how can a woman ever love me

Anon, abandon that dream. Abandon that idea that you deserve love, success, or "something to show for". Stop thinking about tomorrow and just live today. Pick up a piece of iron and put it down, drive your ass to work (or wfh) and come back, sleep when you're tired, eat when you're hungry. There is no other meaning to live than just living; you need to either accept this or, yeah, you could an hero
>>
>>36391014

Sounds like he's saying weights would be lifted off his shoulder if he had more money, I agree.
>>
>>36391027

I honestly don't think women are funny. I can't think of one female comedian I like either.. To me a good woman worth keeping around is one who will make me body building meals and clean. And of course tits and ass
>>
>>36391079
I don't like female comedians either, I'm also intolerant as fuck to dumb bitches even if they are hotties

>To me a good woman worth keeping around is one who will make me body building meals and clean. And of course tits and ass
That's basically your mother, just she also gets your dick wet
Try meeting some more people, I realise now that i fucked myself because instead of university i joined the military which means i missed out on meeting a bunch of smart lonely chicks in their prime, but even so I held out and am happy today

Have as many flings as you need to keep yourself sane, but don't mistake that for 'love' or think that that's the only thing women are good for, one day you'll find someone that makes your dick AND your heart hard
:)
>>
No you shouldn't. Fix what you're unhappy with but you should live right now though.
>>
>>36390667
It doesn't sound like you're white. That's probably why you're depressed. Which race group are you from?
>>
>>36390843
Google up Golden Gate Bridge suicide survivors. Granted i exaggerated, but all things considered i think its a good moniker.
>>
File: 361631651451.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
361631651451.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>36390909
Want to know what is going to hit you infinitely harder than what you think you missed out? It's when you get older and make the realization that it was never hot girls or making tons of money that was the problem, it was yourself

Also you're only 26 dumb faggot you are young as hell

>>36390667
You are young man, it's NEVER too late to turn your life around. Don't look for some massive change that is going to fix everything. Take small steps; it's amazing how it can ripple and improve your life. Get the hw done, spend an hour studying, clean your room, reduce random clutter in your life, sit down and force yourself to learn piano etc
I know none of us like to hear the "we have it better than most" but it's fucking true. there are 20 year olds sitting on a fucking hospital bed with sickness or disease wishing to all heaven that they could just be normal and live. there is a correlation to how appreciative someone is and how happy they are
>>
File: fit.jpg (59 KB, 901x717) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
59 KB, 901x717
>>36390667
I'm the same as you except I'm only 21 and a junior in college. I can never speak to my family and always feel depressed and avoidant around them. I'm not really awkward I just have no drive to communicate with other people.

I wonder the same things sometimes too, if I'll ever connect with other humans, but I get through it. I focus on my lifts, and I have hobbies that I enjoy. I enjoy music, I play the violin and that takes me to my happy place, I lift, and enjoy a bit of anime and vidya as well. Also I am on top of my studies which will get me a good job soon enough. Even if I'm alone all my life, I'll at least be a little happy with that, but if I keep forcing myself out there here and there, someone may notice, so it's not certain I guess.

My advice would be to just do whatever you enjoy like I am doing. Sure my family relations suck but at least I'm happy once I close the door to my room and get back to whatever I was doing.
>>
>>36390667
Your priorities need adjusting.

"How will a girl love me" is the least of your worries. You can barely go to school and you cant even communicate with your family. These are much more important to focus on than >tfwnogf.

Honestly, you sound poisoned by 4chan and im guessing you are addicted to the computer. Block the site, or sell your computer, do what you need to do to get away from this shit.

After that, set goals for yourself. "i am going to get straight A's this semester" or "i am going to take grandma to lunch this month." When you are doing these normal things, you will develop the skills and value as a human to acheive gf later on.
>>
File: 2545445112.jpg (119 KB, 671x571) Image search: [Google]
2545445112.jpg
119 KB, 671x571
>>36390667
dont give in to it brah
>>
I think a lot of your problems stem from you feeling inadequate. You don't like the person you are. Instead of just dwelling on that woe is me persona think of yourself (your real self) as an omniscient third parter viewer who is responsible for the pathetic character that you've become. Don't bother yourself with the problems this character has. They're only temporary and aren't that big of a deal. Everyday view yourself as the omniscient narrater cracking the whip over your pathetic character forcing him to man up. Pride yourself on challenging it. This works for me
>>
>>36394187

To continue...

So many things are out of our control. But we still manage to beat ourselves up over these things. I used to have extremely bad social anxiety growing up. I never knew why. It has nothing to do with who I really am on the inside. I realized it just stemmed from insecurity. It wasn't until I pulled myself out of my own stupid perspective and started viewing myself, my situation, and the people around me from a larger, more omniscient viewpoint that I realized how futile the whole thing is. Nowadays I try to focus on what's most important in life. I actually take an interest in the people I'm talking to rather than just worrying about whether or not they're judging me.
>>
File: 1432754372574.gif (556 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1432754372574.gif
556 KB, 500x531
>>36390853
...hhhow the FUCK do you fail at a shotgun suicide?!

>>36391079
Samantha Bee. Full Frontal is the savagest news comedy I've ever seen. JFC.

Personally, I'm split.
Forgive me my cringe, here.
I'm split between pleasure and pain, love and hate, hope and despair, ecstasy and depression, regret and more regret, happiness and misery, creation and destruction. Sounds like bipolar, but it isn't.
And there's no middle ground, it's like my mind is extremely polarized into some sort of fucked up, self-aware Jekyll and Hyde.
I don't even know which I like more, how can I?

Anyway, keep lifting and working. They help.
They haven't fixed anything about my mind, but they have strengthened me and kept me sane-ish-er.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 1920x1080
>>36394187
>Everyday view yourself as the omniscient narrater cracking the whip over your pathetic character
This is an interesting way to look at life. Not OP, but another depressed anon that hates his flaws. I'm excited about trying your technique, it reminds me of a Chinese cartoon or some shit
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.