[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain to me why you hate crossfit? or think crossfit is a bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 17
File: crossfit-fuengirola-slide01.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
crossfit-fuengirola-slide01.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1067
explain to me why you hate crossfit? or think crossfit is a bad exercises. i see people shiting on it but without giving a reason too.
>>
>>36381061
Highly technical lifts for high reps and time and instructors with no business teaching people how to lift.
>>
>>36381061

I don't hate crossfit. I think most things that get people off their asses is a net positive.

With that being said, crossfit has really high rates of injury. Doing a circuit, or timing people on the types of lifts that they do isn't a good idea. You can, and probably will, get hurt because you don't learn proper form and/or do an exercise to failure that really has no business being performed that way.
>>
Because the crossfit trainer at my gym is an irritating hobbit who just doesn't know when to shut the fuck up
>>
>>36381061
>kipping pullups
>unqualified instructors
>lifting for time
>here do 60 reps of power cleans, a lift that requires a high degree of competency to be able to perform correctly and can lead to disastrous consequences when not performed correctly
>>
>>36381061
Many crossfitters also seem to take pride in injury which is done. Watch a video after someone does a bunch of their "pullups" and see how they think having most of the skin ripped of their palm is cool.
>>
It teaches people who are too ignorant to know better to do technically demanding lifts in a potentially dangerous way. That's it really. It's a free market so I don't hate, I would just never, ever allow someone I love or care about do crossfit.
>>
>>36381131
>lifting for time

there is a time limit? why is that?
>>
>>36381061
i missed the box once . . . good times
>>
>exercise to failure

scooby is that you?
>>
>>36381061
3 people hog all the bumpers and barbells to do fucking AMRAP cleans every 5 minutes because muh circuit training.
>>
>>36381061

even something simple like these box jumps are way overdone, they blow out peoples' achilles and never admit their methods are dangerous and wrong.
>>
Also their cringe inducing obsession with hero workouts. Basically they name a workout after a fallen American soldier. This works well for them because most crossfitters are failures and makes them feel like the soldier they could never be.
>>
Crossfit is great for making fat chick's not so fat. Most dudes that do it are dyel.
>>
>>36381061
doing complex barbell lifts for a time or rep goal is fundamentally wrong. If you are starting to fatigue and your form goes to shit on these lifts, you need to stop, not push through cus hurr durr 20 more seconds
>>
>>36381203
You do realize crossfit is used widely in the military, right? and that the hero WODs are requested by someone that knew that person?
>>
>>36381061
Because lifting things that weigh more than you do above your head is dangerous. The way to do it safely has been developed and practiced for a long time.

Then suddenly "crossfit" comes along and decides to throw the safety out of the window. Telling new comers to throw weights above their head, not teaching form, and making them do it as quick as possible.

The key difference between crossfit and regular lifting is the rate of injury. Especially for newcomers.
>>
>>36381061
Guess because of the whole marketing around it. Imo it has benefits ,like the use of barbell that's better than nothing and it does make you healthier. Anybody that makes your body moves makes you healthier anyway
Bar what other anons said about safety ,main problem I have with it is that it really is a goal less "sport" aka exercise. Cross fits games are a joke and a fucking mess. It has the feeling of being something straight out of marketing think tank :the social aspect ,big advertisement ,strong lack on formations to keep the forms and technical level of the practitioners as vague as possible and an impossibility to gauge results in a clear way. It's way too engineered to not be a marketing ploy.
Also let's not talk about the sheer arrogance of the practitioners.
>>36381154
As many reps as possible. Except not with crunches/brupees/push ups or pull ups but snatches ,diddylifts or squat.
Yeah you're right that sounds like a terrible idea.
>>
>>36381106
>crossfit has really high rates of injury

source.
>>
Regurgitating stereotypes: the thread.
>>
>>36381232

>this much shilling

it is not. most unit leadership discourages it bcz of the injury rates. the notion of it being big with the military is bcz most bases offer free crossfit classes to spouses resulting in faccebook being flooded by crossfit and miiltary hashtags.
>>
>>36381232
As someone actually in the military let me put it this way. Crossfit is the University of Phoenix of training programs. They both shamelessly exploit young military personnel for profit. Many people in the military already have fucked up joints from stupid shit in training. Combined with the high injury rate in crossfit these kids wind up fucking up their joints even more.

On a side note the last thing I would want if I get killed by a shitskin is for ashitty workout named after me.
>>
>>36381243
>>36381238
kek faggot crossfiters
I came to a box last thursday, I deadlift more than everyone there, squat more, snatch more, do real pull ups and muscle ups and run more and better

Bunch of wannabe athlètes who can't even snatch there own bodyweight or do a muscle ups looking like a fucking fish tied to a bar
>>
>>36381245
>it is not.

He said to the guy who ran an infantry squad for 5 years.
>>
>>36381270
>exploit young military personnel for profit

Is this why there are free crossfit gyms on every USMC base?
>>
>>36381270
>As someone actually in the military

I have $20 on POG as fuck.
>>
ITT: people who couldn't complete this workout.

King Kong:

3 Rounds

1 Deadlift, 455 lb.
2 Muscle-ups
3 Squat Cleans, 250 lb.
4 Handstand Push-ups

https://youtu.be/VpOgFVF7lLQ
>>
>>36381243
>post facts
>muh sterootape

Really faggot?
>>
>>36381294
What are squat cleans ?

If it is just doing a regular clean, I could easily do it, and I'm only 80kg bw. Also, why the fuck only 4 handstand push ups? I could do these even with a 50 kg weighted vest and those are way easier than a 455lbs dl
>>
>>36381296
Not him, I don't even like crossfit...but

>You're asking for data to back up claims? What a faggot!

Come on, dude.
>>
People give valid reasons to hate crossfit all the time actually
>>
>>36381282
>implying they do that out of altruism

Yes, but all those official crossfit branded apparel and word of mouth advertising certainly doesn't make them any money. Go away shill.
>>
>>36381304
Post body and I'll tell you if you are estatting

>Implying you will post your fat gut
>>
>>36381304
It's a full clean. ie you can't do a power clean, your legs have to break 90 degrees.
>>
>>36381314
>apparel

You've never been to an on-base crossfit gym, clearly.
>>
File: after.jpg (543 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
after.jpg
543 KB, 1632x1224
>>36381315
I'm not fat
>>
>TLDR

crossfit is good for just working out but not efficient for people trying to swole up.
>>
>>36381318
Ok, that's what I thought, I just we just called it a clean as opposed to a power clean. French fag so not used to English names
>>
>>36381340
those SS legs damn.
>>
My friend actually joined crossfit. He helped me develop a pretty balanced view of it.

His coaches grind him super hard on form - anything that isn't perfect is a "no rep". He is amazingly clean on the oly lifts and squats and deads because of this. He is also capable of muscleups on rings (with kipping). This is after about two months. He also squats close to 300 lbs, but that is after about four months of leg presses and such before he started crossfit.

The problem with crossfit is the opens. The FUCKING opens. This is where they are forced to superset cardio exercises with oly lifts and graded primarily for speed over strength, form, or anything else that would make a fucking lick of sense. This is where shit like kipping pullups and awful, joint-killing cleans happen. He is actually dropping crossfit for the oly lifting club that shares their gym just so he can get out of training for the opens.

Consensus: if you don't have access to an oly lifting coach, crossfit is actually a good way to get one assuming the coaches at your location are good. Just try not to train for the opens and keep in mind that, quite typically of oly lifting, there is very little focus on upper body. Crossfit is not the devil but it is also not exactly good.
>>
>>36381351
Not SS, oly lifting so I squat 4-5x a week...
>>
>>36381355
Fucking THIS.
>>
File: 29palmsgym.jpg (323 KB, 1366x2048) Image search: [Google]
29palmsgym.jpg
323 KB, 1366x2048
>>36381314
>he thinks it's a money making scheme on base

LEL. These things are shacks with weights.
>>
>>36381325
>implying those free crossfit gyms don't help to generate revenue
>>
>>36381355
Kek I love crossfit because most of people who are crossfitters and are not retarded will drop this shitty sport and join oly lifting. Crossfit will give our sport a new youth.
>>
>>36381383
see
>>36381379

Then tell me fucking HOW
>>
>>36381294
>ok quite legit diddly
>complete kipping muscleups with tons of swinging
>ok squat clean looks weird but not injuring
>more like Handstand leg extensions
>>
in short its the whole crossfit culture thats the problem

the average joe who does crossfit thinks he is some kind of special snowflake and feels the urge to tell everyone about it and thinks he is so fit and devoted to a healthy lifestyle

crossfit itself is a very nice form of exercise, they use it in the military etc, but for fucking normies they have no idea what they are doing

its very technical to perform proper crossfit and if you thought personal trainers were retarded before, you have never met your local fitness instructor in corssfit

there is some kind of magic surrounding crossfit in todays society, its like if you say youre doing crossfit people instantly miring and thinking youre hot shit
>>
>>36381405
>kipping in MU and HSPU

No shit. Dude was doing AMRAP of that workout for 20 mins. he did 12 rounds+
>>
>>36381434
What's the point of doing those ? You could just do less and do it better or not doing it at all. A guy at my gym can do like 40 pull ups by swinging around like a fucking dyel monkey and can't even do 5 strict full ampliutude pull ups.

I'm pretty sur he thinks he is strong
>>
>>36381355
So basically, crossfit itself (as an overaching company) is garbage, but individual boxes/coaches have potential to be good
>>
>>36381061
https://medium.com/@ericrobertson/crossfits-dirty-little-secret-97bcce70356d
>>
>>36381402
They may not generate revenue directly but here is the breakdown.
1) Word of mouth advertising when soldiers are off base.
2) Crossfit gets to market themselves as a company that helps AMERICAN HERO SOLDIERS.
3) Merchandising sales. Even if you don't see much of this on base. What happens when a soldier comes home and it's around the holidays? Nanna heard that PFC Billy likes to do the crossfit so she bought him these nice crossfit socks.
4) Soldiers won't be on base/in the military forever. What happens when they get out but want to stay in shape? Well they did crossfit on base so they might as well get a membership.

If you can't see how this works you should just kill yourself.
>>
>>36381461
Yes, exactly. Most places probably have a better option but I believe that crossfit gyms are sometimes the best ones available in certain towns. Just be smart about it.
>>
>>36381450
>I'm pretty sur he thinks he is strong

BW 82 kg
Squat 190kg
Front Squat 170kg
Clean & Jerk140kg
Snatch 100kg
Deadlift 250kg
Press 87.5kg

and runs a 17:34 5k

I'd say he's bretty gud.
>>
>>36381464
>https://medium.com/@ericrobertson/crossfits-dirty-little-secret-97bcce70356d

>rhabdo is unique to crossfit

Weird. Every class that's about to go through recon school in the USMC is briefed about rhabdo.
>>
>>36381464
>https://medium.com/@ericrobertson/crossfits-dirty-little-secret-97bcce70356d
what the fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzq1upNIgU

maybe to go the fucking toilet you disgusting sluts EW
>>
>>36381497
Can you read ?
He was talking about a guy at his gym

Also : >100 kg snatch 87,5kg ohp is stronk ? I am stronk then, and I weight less than him
>>
>>36381526
what is it about double unders that makes women pee btw?
>>
>>36381061
i dont get these sort of exercises

if you start getting tired or slip or whatever couldnt that end really badly for you?
>>
>>36381212
>Crossfit is great for making fat chick's not so fat.
The look seems geared almost toward bodybuilding, at least for the pros
>>
>>36381276
do you also have 300 confirmed kills?
>>
>>36381571
The pros are roiding so hard that any programming is gonna make them look swole
>>
>>36381238
http://ojs.sagepub.com/content/2/4/2325967114531177.full
>>
>>36381475
Forgot to mention if anyone can think of ANY other reason for those free shitty crossfit gyms on base please let me know.
>>
>>36381061
In competition there are no weight classes so you have man/womanlets going up against people with 20 plus pounds of muscle on them.
>>
>>36381464
>While in the emergency department they tested her creatinine kinase (CPK) levels. Normal is about 100. Her CPK levels were more than 45,000

Creatine, not even once
>>
>>36381516
>Every class that's about to go through recon school in the USMC is briefed about rhabdo.
do you not see the problem here:
>one is an extremely tough special forces selection process, meant to select the best of the lot to make sure the unit is as good as possible. everyone knows it is not healthy, no one expects it to be, it is just what it takes to get into recon
>the other is marketed as super healthy to retards
>both cause rabdo
well one of these really shouldn`t.
>>
>>36381516
>reserved for the elite military trainee, ultra-endurance monsters, and for victims of the occasional psychotic football coach.

Literally did not read the article.
>>
They want 60-90 a session. No thanks
>>
>>36382147
bucks?
>>
>>36382147
False, they are extremely overpriced for what they offer but not that much. In NYC it's $225/month.
>>
>>36382212
My roommate goes to one here in AZ, $190/month.
>>
>>36381090

Usually when it's higher reps or for time its at a very light weight relative to your 1RM.
>>
I love them because in a time of shitty brand gyms with awful equipment and 90% machines, they still offer good and high quality equipment.

The catch is trying to find a box, that will let you in and do your own shit instead of their group workouts.

Bonuspoints if you manage to shave off a bit of membership, because you're not using their PTs.

I'm paying 130€/month (regular rate there is more like 200€) get to use it whenever I want (have keys) and do my own shit.
I try to avoid the group times because sometimes equipment gets hogged too much and I need to ask around for a pair of plates.
>>
File: 1445237281627.jpg (176 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1445237281627.jpg
176 KB, 854x859
>>36382212
>>36382263
what the christ fuck
and I thought the YMCA membership fees were high at 60/month. I've got a nice draw of equipment, everything I need, access to two pools and all kinds of machines.
And someone is going to pay 3-4x as much for what? Personnel costs and meme circuit workouts? Ridiculous.
>>
>>36382521
Also no benches.
>>
File: 1455644657775.png (194 KB, 576x699) Image search: [Google]
1455644657775.png
194 KB, 576x699
>>36382521
>>36382212
>>36382263
>>36382507
Jesus I pay 30€ a month for a 6am-11pm.
First class ticket to snap city I guess
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (246 KB, 1800x1198) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
246 KB, 1800x1198
>or think crossfit is a bad exercises

Crossfit is not a bad exercise, but it is also not training.

If you want to get sweaty, to move around, meet people and socialize, get a thrill from the competitive environment, and get home tired and in a good mood, it is pretty good.

But for consistent improvement of results, you need to train, not exercise. Top corssfit athletes do not train by doing the WoDs. They specifically train the different movements on a training regimen quite different from what people do in crossfit boxes.
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20 KB, 329x357) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20 KB, 329x357
>>36382598
>mfw $45 for a 24/7 gym with specialized powerlifting and strongman equipment
>>
>>36382598
I'm the guy paying 130€/month who's not doing crossfit.

I have 4 options in half an hour commute.
the crossfit box I'm currently working out.

2 brand gyms.
Both are 50% cardio machines for officeworkers/housewifes/cardiobunnies. 40% machines. And not even useful good machines like HS or something. Retarded variations of cable machines and a few leg curl stations.
The other 10% is a small freeweight area that is full anytime thats not 11pm-8am.
2 Squatracks and 4 benches. So either I improvise my workout, hope that the guy working out currently is cool and has no problem with me working in or I wait around like a dipshit.
Most of the time people working out it's groups of teenagers or groups of dyel brolifters.
See brolifters doing squats. Awesome.
Ask if I can work in, I guess if 3 or 4 people are squatting in a row doesnt make any more of a difference.
they're cool with it
My warmup is their max and after one set they tell me to wait, because "it's too much of a bother to re/rack weights everytime between sets"
Fourth option is an MMA gym with proper equip, but it's only open 12-8 and too inflexible for me.

There's a good powerlifting gym around an hour in a neighbouring town, but fuck 2hour commutes 4/week. That'd be 8hours/week that I'd be driving around not doing anything.
>>
>>36382611
of course they do. The problem isn't with that, it's with the trainers that perpetuate bad habits by having people train at difficult lifts by doing those difficult lifts poorly, at high volume, with no rest.

Some anon provided a good analogy once, I'll try and recreate it:

Consider that the circuit is a test. There's a series of difficult actions that you must complete. Now a beginner is going to struggle to do them, and fail the very hard ones. But that's okay, because they're not expected to succeed on the first try.
So there's two ways to address the problem of failure: keep trying the test until you succeed, or practice at the material until you succeed.
The crossfit that is to be abhorred is the mentality that by repeating the test again and again, you will eventually get it right.
When what they should be teaching is the elements that constitute the lifts so that people can get stronger and more effective at them.

But that's not what's done, because that would foster an independence of the trainers. And that's no good for business.
>>
File: 1457491777158.jpg (125 KB, 1028x550) Image search: [Google]
1457491777158.jpg
125 KB, 1028x550
>>36381061
It is the jazzercise of the 2000's and Rogue better find new markets before they get BTFO.

Every other legitimate criticism is ITT.

Also it was started by a kike.

>$200/mo box fees
kek
>>
>>36382671
Good on you m8 with doing the best with what you have.
>>
>>36382757
>Rogue better find new markets before they get BTFO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69m9QvTogMg

They're way ahead of you.
>>
>>36382757
Oh hi, /pol/!
>>
>>36381090

Compared to SS which is highly technical lifts with close to your max weight, and no instructor at all except autists on a European frog picture website
>>
>>36383185
Cleans and snatches are much more technical and they are done for time.
>>
>>36381270
Can vouch for. Back home they have you to MEF PT or whatever the fuck it's called. They have signs everywhere saying "this is not crossfit".

Overseas they have a big crossfit section here that everyone goes to. I walk by there and kek at all of the dyels being instructed by chubby female instructors on power cleans.

SCAM
Go Army
>>
>>36381061
>joint destruction
>rhabdomyolisis
>severed spines
>hernias

Pick one
>>
>crossfit

lunk fitness
>>
File: 1457287042145.png (181 KB, 617x363) Image search: [Google]
1457287042145.png
181 KB, 617x363
Why do people say crossfit builds good functional strength? That's fucking stupid, If something is so heavy that you can't lift it over your head without jerking your body, around chances are it isn't a convenient bar shape which means that you won't be able to jerk it up and you will just end up team lifting it or using a forklift. If you want functional strength the right thing to do is power lifting or strongman, if you want cardio run on a treadmill or even better do martial arts which builds cardio that is extra functional, don't do cardio and lifting at the same time that's retarded you'll be gimping your strength
>>
>>36381061

It's overly complicated and dangerous endurance training that claims to be a strength building program. It also tries to shit on traditional weight lifting while taking the most technically nuanced and risky maneuvers from traditional weight lifting and telling people who are essentially untrained to do them without even teaching proper form
>>
File: kipping.gif (497 KB, 434x347) Image search: [Google]
kipping.gif
497 KB, 434x347
>crossfit thread
>this hasn't been posted yet
>>
>>36382212
I paid $50 a month for a few months, but they bumped me up to $100/month lately.
>>
>>36384435
Where are you located? Are you sure that isn't some sort of limited time rate?
>>
>>36381106

but isn't that dependent on what gym you go to? I went to different crossfit gyms and the quality of the trainers varied A LOT! Some of them were outright hazardous to be around while in another gym the coach was a competeivie plg.
Granted, the most expensive one was the best, but the critique shouldn't be held against crossfit in general, just the bad trainers.
>>
>>36382212

>$225 a month to do meme exercises

hahaha
>>
>>36384515
A lack of quality control is a valid critique of the organization.
>>
Crossfit is stupid because its just a hugbox for people who are content with mediocrity and barely being in shape, if at all. Soccermoms and redditors abound. They go against decades of scientifically established lifts just to be an overpriced special snowflake club. You might as well just do yoga, you'll have lower risk of injury doing that
>>
File: 123868342.jpg (117 KB, 431x577) Image search: [Google]
123868342.jpg
117 KB, 431x577
>>36381282
>usmc
>having some sense

Pick one
>>
>>36381061

Has absolutely no understandings of the bodys energy ststems and how they work.

These retarda think you can be an elite mile runner and olympic lifter at the same time (no really, they think this)

It's why these retards do 10x10 snatches at 80% max after doing 45 minutes of HIIT and then snap their spine in half

Crossfit is the facebook of the athletic community; totally misinformed, they think they are the shit, and everyone is invovled in a pissing contest as to who can do the most sets of an exercise that has no physiological purpose other tyan being a dick rider.
>>
>>36382671

At a certain point, why not home gym?
>>
>>36387358
Apartment or not enough room?
>>
File: 1457229503590.gif (2 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1457229503590.gif
2 MB, 360x360
>>
>>
>>36384202
>>36388949
>>36389077

Yep. cross-fitters definitely took the short bus to school when they were little kids.
>>
I'll be honest, I don't know anything about the science behind Crossfit - it could be the best thing in the world. And like someone else said, getting people off their asses is always a good thing in a world full of lazy, self-righteous fucks who blame anything and everyone else for their shitty lifestyle choices.

But the reason I hate Crossfit is simple - the people who do it are generally fucking assholes.

Check this utter cunt out -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg

I want to travel to the US and smash his face in with a barbell. He actually got people fucking fired from the gym due to him being an utter cunt.

This video makes me so fucking angry I hope he gets fucking cancer. Actually, scratch that, I hope his kid gets cancer - a) because that means he'll suffer without the release of death at the end, and b) because his kid won't have to grow up with such a cunt as a role model.
>>
>>36388949
that looks fun
>>
>>36389266
I want to be an Autobot
>>
>>36389077
people actually bring there dogs to the gym?
>>
>>36389325
Good form pupper
>>
>>36389077
that form made me CRINGE
>>
>>36389214
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg [Embed]

Dude needs a bat to the face
>>
If you find a competent coach who teaches form and programming properly it's a good introduction to fitness, you get a taste of everything that's possible and then you can choose which area interests you the most.

But if you find a competent coach that focuses on form and programming then I guess it really isn't called crossfit.
>>
File: vroom vroom.png (43 KB, 958x387) Image search: [Google]
vroom vroom.png
43 KB, 958x387
>>36389266
it's honestly one of the least offensive things I've ever seen in a crossfit thread.
seems like something that /fit/ would do when the gym is empty
>>
>>36381702
>1/5 chance of getting hurt
>wide variety of injuries
I'll stick to my slow safe workouts thanks
>>
What exactly is the point of doing box jumps with boxes that short?
I do box jumps at bellybutton height and up what does jumping up like 18 inches even accomplish besides making you tired if you do it enough times?
>>
>>36389636
Makes you jump higher.

Not sure what that accomplishes since most people don't just very often in their lives.
>>
>>36381131

>kipping pullups

you do strict pullups too. Don't tell me you and your friends don't swing the weight up for barbell curls.

>unqualified instructors

Because trainers in normal gyms are so much more knowledgable? Most instructors know what they're doing unless you get a bad gym.

>lifting for time

What's wrong with this? You don't have minute rests in between bench press sets?

>here do 60 reps of power cleans, a lift that requires a high degree of competency to be able to perform correctly and can lead to disastrous consequences when not performed correctly

60 reps of power cleans? What kind of workout is that? Any exercise can lead to disastrous consequences. Power cleans are probably one of the easier lifts anyway.
>>
File: 1439877432239.jpg (82 KB, 460x750) Image search: [Google]
1439877432239.jpg
82 KB, 460x750
>>36381061

ITT people have seen this video and think they know what Crossfit is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8up6A4QesU
>>
>>36381349
>I just we just called it a clean as opposed to a power clean
you do, 'squat clean' is a crossfag term
>>
>>36391626
In all seriousness, those continentals are absolutely terrible
>>
>>36381061
is crossfit a gud place to meet gurls?
>>
>>36381238
Are you fucking serious? They jokingly have a mascot called Uncle Rhabdo. This is something they came up with, not haters from the outside.
>>
>>36381140

It's a white people thing

>look at me I spent 70k on a suv with full offroad package, sat Nav and sports upgrade! Just to take the kids to school
>>
>>36381061
Lack of standardization is the real issue, for every great coach involved with the sport there are two knuckleheads that have no business coaching anybody.

Pretty much everything crossfit does right is being done by people who would be doing right without it.
>>
>>36381154
It can be a good idea. It can work as metabolic conditioning, you just need a safe lift.

Tabata front squats are considered by some to be the best metabolic conditioning tool. It's way too painful for a normal person though, wtf do you need endurance for anyway.

Crossfit a shit, though.
>>
File: what did you just say to me.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
what did you just say to me.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>36381276
>>
>>36381061
Crossfit isn't training, it's exercise. It's not going to make you achieve anything besides some torn muscles, fucked joints and having moved your body. All the crossfit "athletes" don't actually train by doing crossfit. It doesn't have programming, just retarded workouts of the day.
And obviously, high injury rates, doing oly lifts to failure, retarded elitism, ridiculous amounts of marketing and so on and so forth.
>>
File: 1443025275349.jpg (32 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
1443025275349.jpg
32 KB, 255x253
Crossfit is fucking retarded.
You're not supposed to do plyometrics 12 months a year, but a few months.
Plyometrics are used to convert your strength into power.

If you want to look at the best "functionnal strength" look into rugby players.
Those guys are fucking mountains which are able to sprint for 80 minutes, and surprise, they dont look like crossfitters.
>>
>>36381379
animals are kept in better maintained sheds. Why are you living like SandNiggers there and are proud enough to hang a flag?

Or is the flag there because you keep forgetting which country you're in?
>>
>>36388949
that's how I get to work every morning
>>
Could someone kindly post the webm compilation of stupid crossfit shit?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.