[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question /fit/: Do you sometimes feel like you couldve done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: 1290376682176.jpg (37 KB, 513x480) Image search: [Google]
1290376682176.jpg
37 KB, 513x480
Question /fit/:

Do you sometimes feel like you couldve done more at the gym? Sometimes I question the intensity of my lifts and I fear that I havent given it all that workout and I wasted my time.

I am afraid I couldve done more but when I am actually working out I feel like its heavy enough but I have a nagging feeling that its not.

What do?

>tl;dr I might have a tough time pushing myself
>>
File: 1274552752214.jpg (111 KB, 605x984) Image search: [Google]
1274552752214.jpg
111 KB, 605x984
>>
Its really risky and you can hurt yourself. I once went for a 50 pound pr and nailed it but i heard my bones cracking and shit in the recording.
>>
File: 1275925768248.png (11 KB, 396x372) Image search: [Google]
1275925768248.png
11 KB, 396x372
How does one know if he is working hard enough...
>>
I understand the feeling but really it comes down to pushing yourself just the right amount. I could go hard as fuck on the first set of everything and probably snap my shit on the first set of everything, it would hurt me overall even though I was giving it my all.

Just be smart.
>>
File: bWpL7Ji.png (342 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
bWpL7Ji.png
342 KB, 1900x1200
>>36375577
>>36375577
>>36375577

We have to go through that pain, though... Its part of lifting and getting swole as a motherfucker, whether bulking or cutting.
>>
>>36375352
Do you workout with a friend? I broke so many PRs when I came out of my shell and asked another introvert to come spot me. Now we are gym buddies.

Its different when you have someone holding you accountable.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
All the time.

You just have those bad workouts sometimes, and those good workouts.
>>
File: 1296499500401.jpg (40 KB, 529x800) Image search: [Google]
1296499500401.jpg
40 KB, 529x800
>>36375751
Well. Shit. This have been going on for months now, though.

The worst part is I dont know if its all in my head or I am actually working hard enough.

>>36375723
I might just try that. I dont know how it will work though, do you guys do your own routines and just call on each other? Or do you choose one person's routine and go off of that? I am kind of a loner, I feel I work better that way.
>>
>>36375798
If you can make it to the gym, and exercise. That is working hard enough. Now if you feel you could have pushed yourself more... than you're probably right
>>
>>36375723
this . when your friend points a finger at you and laughs at you, you will do that final 3 reps you can bet on that
>>
>>36375879
Im just saying, it could be awkward as fuck
>>
No. I usually walk out of the gym worried that I might've gone too hard and I won't be recovered by the next session.
>>
>>36376178
Ok so just keep putting weights on the bar, then

Because I write my shit down, maybe I should just dump all the records?
>>
>>36375352
One way to know is if your form is struggling by the last few reps. Then you know you hitting it right, f a m
>>
>>36375352
When I was 16 and doing the usual teenager things I found out quick that I only ever get doms the first time I do an exercise. I thought I was doing everything wrong so I would squat with too little weight for 10 reps for as many sets until my legs started shaking and I felt like I was going to collapse. Luckily I never injured anything.

I felt like I never worked out enough. In fact I think I probably had exercise addiction looking back.
>>
>>36375417
>this country was founded on [insert popular noble value here]

oldest meme in the book
>>
>>36375352
Push yourself a couple times until you literally fail. It's not a big deal to have to roll the bar in a bench press or set the weight down on a power rack in squats, or to drop it in a clean or deadlift.
>>
Just be careful. I have the opposite issue that you do where I don't know when to quit, I've worked out until I vomited several times and I've injured myself more than once.

Don't be a stubborn retard like me.
>>
>>36375352
Thats why I ct fletcher my workout. I cant leave the gym if I dont feel accomplished.
>>
If you felt like you pushed yourself thats more than enough. People make training too complicated. 3-5 sets of 5-6 reps on the big compounds so that the last 2 are grinders
>>
I have bad days when I have to grind through what should be a fairly easy workout. I feel frustrated, weak, pathetic.

For something like squats I'll do some paused triples of something I used to struggle to do for a grinding triple not too long ago. That usually cheers me up.
>>
File: 1448914901813.jpg (1018 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448914901813.jpg
1018 KB, 1920x1080
>>36375352
yeah i realized this during my last two workouts
My fuck buddy "broke up" with me because she´s afraid she could fall in love with me, while I´m already deeply in love with her. I went straight to the gym and had the best workouts for like the last 2 years. Fuck all this motivational posts, anger is the fucking best booster!
If there only would be a way to always feel angered instead of just depressed
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.