[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting to lift again, and i wanted to do stronglifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 1.jpg (25 KB, 632x351) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25 KB, 632x351
I'm starting to lift again, and i wanted to do stronglifts 5x5. I have 2 questions.

1. I'm naturally t-rex mode, i always had huge legs. I don't wanna squat 3 times a week to become a living t-rex. What can i replace the squats with?

2. Can i do 3x5 or 5x5 deadlifts? Doing only 1x5 deadlift is sad.

Thanks for the help, /fit/izens.
>>
>>36369931
Something something read the sticky
>>
do SS. don't change a thing. you can ignore this advice, but your progress will suffer.
>>
>>36369939
I've read it a lot of times. I lifted seriously for about a year then had to stop for various reasons, what i am asking is: as someone who knows a little bit about lifting and someone with disproportionate legs, can i adjust this to my needings?
>>
File: strlfts.png (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
strlfts.png
18 KB, 300x300
>>36369945
I've been doing it without changing a thing for the past 2 weeks,and i've recovered some of my old strenght, but i'm still facing my problem with squats :/
>>
Same boat senpai.

Do 5x5 core excercises + a bunch of upper body accessories like inclune dumbell press, curls, pulldowns, pull ups etc etc.
>>
>>36369964
>had to stop for various reasons

tell us more
>>
>>36369931
You don't even train biceps with the 5x5 program. Why even do it?
>>
>>36370090
Finished highschool, so i had to take admission tests for university (i wanted to study medicine, and the test for doing so is pretty difficult) and when i passed them i had to move.

So; studying + moving city had me losing like 3 months.

Then i started uni. I was a little bit nervous about it and i was afraid i couldn't take everything (uni + lifting + friends + family + gf + lifting seemed impossible, i decided to take lifting out of it.)

Now that i crushed my exams and proved myself i can do all the things i said above, i'm getting back on track!
>>
>>36370088
Are you telling me what you're doing or what you did (and worked)?
>>36370230
>chinups
>not training biceps

also, i don't really care about my arms right now because what's lacking here is back and chest
(and also because i prefer having huge meat shield on my back than having big arms
>>
File: dyel.jpg (171 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
dyel.jpg
171 KB, 960x960
To add infos, what i looked like when i stopped lifting. I wasn't big (76kg at 180cm in pic related) but i improved a lot from where i started and i was happy about it
>>
>>36370243
sounds good m8, all the right decisions were made and now it pays of. cheers.
>>
File: 1450929432593.jpg (35 KB, 552x553) Image search: [Google]
1450929432593.jpg
35 KB, 552x553
>tfw the retard who wants to do sl without squats looks better than you
>>
>>36370321
Thanks. I hope i can make this going for as much as possible, before med schools kill my social life :^)

>>36370336
Actually this doesn't sound as a good idea to me to, but i don't know what to do. Doing squats for me is like a fatass deciding to dirty bulk

Also, pic is what i looked back then, now i'm far from there (a little bit smaller, with a little more fat)

unrelated: when i stopped lifting i lost muscles in a weird way. (chest-->gone, arms, abs and shoulders-->nothing changed, back slightly smaller
>>
So i should just follow 5x5 or starting strengh without changes? Not even adding more deadlifts to 5x5? :'(
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457646386940.jpg (22 KB, 465x465) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457646386940.jpg
22 KB, 465x465
I'd say yes OP. Stick to it for at least a couple more weeks before adding something.
And about legs, you can just squat until you feel they are actually getting bigger and stop right there
>>
File: 1403828175324.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1403828175324.jpg
421 KB, 1920x1200
>>36370644
i will squat as long as this doesn't make me have to change trousers because they don't fit me anymore then, lol
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.