[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your take on the keto diet? >grabs popcorn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: keto-heart.jpg (71 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
keto-heart.jpg
71 KB, 400x400
What's your take on the keto diet?
>grabs popcorn
>>
>>36362783
What is that meaty rectangle?
>>
>>36362783
If it makes fatties lose weight, then fine.
If it helps make bodybuilders shredded up to a competition, fine.
But if you do it every day at a normal rate - What the fuck are you doing.
>>
>>36362804
I'm more concerned about the gelatinous blob
>>
>>36362858
I think it's sour cream, maybe?
>>
>>36362783

It's a good way for fatties to lose weight. I lost 40 pounds on it myself.

It doesn't violate "calories in - calories out" (even though they make it sound like it does.) What is really happening is you eat meat, cheese, eggs, and stuff and just naturally feel full, even at a calorie deficit.

It's SUGAR that makes you crave, and makes you cheat on diets. You are literally chemically addicted to sugar, just like caffeine. Keto is "rehab" for that addiction.

If you're not a fatty (or a diabetic) then there isn't as much of a point to it.
>>
Good god that looks like a horrible meal.
>>
>>36362876
If you're not a fatty (or a diabetic) then there isn't as much of a point to it.

Careful. Keto fucks up diabetics longterm. They're better off doing 5:2 fasts or intermittent fasting with HIIT and strength work.
>>
>>36362876
I have a, um, friend who's overweight & diabetic. Could you explain what he should eat?
>>
>>36362901
forgot to greentext the quote ._.
>>
>>36362876
Can you explain sugar more in-depth? I'm currently cutting, would it help to cut it out completely? Do those 2 tsp with my coffee every morning really going to make a difference?

I'm also currently addicted to caffeine thanks to abusing pwo (had friends who worked at gnc and always hooked me for free).
>>
>>36362804
looks like olive loaf
>>
>>36362935

Well you really shouldnt be having sugar esp if your on a cut.Replace your suagar in the coffee with coconut oil/full fat milk or butter
>>
Tried it for two days. Failed. Couldn't deal with the headaches . wasn't trying to put a bunch of salt on all my food or take supplements so now I'm just going to cut down on carbs . I mean if you cut carbs out of your breakfast or first meal of the day and just have a high fat high protein meal you'll find yourself full for most of the day
>>
>>36362972
Is that what it is? I've had it before then, didn't rate it at all. Thanks anon.
>>
>>36363076
Those headaches are from not enough micros, not enough water, and sugar withdrawal. I eat higher fat and protein with a few fruit a day, seems to be more enjoyable.
>>
Same shit as any diet which revolves around calories in/out.
>>
>>36362783
This looks pretty delicious desu.
I wouldn't want to avoid carbohydrates though sounds like a dumb long term strategy if you want to make gains.
>>
Fatty here. Tried keto. Failed terribly. Low carb just makes me feel like shit, and constantly hungry with no energy. I don't know how people feel fine on this diet.
>>
>>36363676
Weren't doing in correctly. You should be full AF eating Keto macros, plus you won't be spiking your insulin. One thing that keto does well is high satiety m8..I think you might just be a fatass addicted to sugar and refined carbs.
>>
>>36362783

Keto tries to sell itself as a miracle diet, but CICO still applies as it always does. You'd get the exact same result, weight-wise, by eating your normal diet with small portions.

That said, it does get the user away from such strong dependence on sugars. I could see a reasonable argument being made that going keto for a short while would provide a large health benefit by reducing cravings and shifting your tastes back onto 'normal' foods.
>>
>>36363718
You're probably right m8. I just found eating that much lean protein a chore. Im doing IF instead which is a breeze in comparison.
>>
>>36362804
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_cheese
>>
>>36362783
I love being keto as a lifestyle. It really helps normalize my blood sugar and prevents mood swings on top of helping me cut faster when I wanna.
>>
How many carbs should you be eating per day on Keto. I've been averaging 20-30g of carbs
>>
>>36363157
So if I up my water and fruit intake I should be good? I. Cutting on 1200 Cal so not sure how to increase my macros and hell on Keto I find myself not even eating 1200 Cal a day anyway

I quit eating fruit because I was trying to do a South Beach diet version of low carbs and it suggests no fruit in the first two weeks?
>>
>>36363757
That's not quite how CICO works. The only way to truly determine whether you are in a caloric deficit/surplus is to look at your change in body weight. Counting calories on myfitnesspal or whatever is hardly an accurate way to go about doing that as your body processes different types of calories in different ways and doesn't just heat up water. Besides when people want to "Lose weight", they really just want a better body composition and I argue keto is the vastly superior diet for that because it alters your hormonal profile in a way such that you burn stored body fat and the high animal protein content (most keto diets are meat heavy and meat is recommended) means you will maintaining or gaining muscle quite effortlessly. So while technically you can lose fat starving yourself in a HCLF 1500 calorie diet or whatever you'll also lose a lot of muscle, be hungry all the time, and when you're done you'll look like a skinny fat version of yourself who will probably binge and gain all the weight back because the human body always wants to be in homeostasis and does not like being starved.

Checkout "The Poor Misunderstood Calorie" for more info. It's written by a guy with a PhD in Biochemistry who actually knows his shit regarding CICO and how it is commonly misinterpreted

>>36363794
>Lean protein
There is your problem. A proper ketogenic diet is high in fat. Common mistake.
>>
>IF
>ketosis
>EC stack
>45 minutes low impact LISS every morning

If you are in the mid teens body fat percentage you'll get to 10 in 3 weeks...
>>
>>36364029
>I argue keto is the vastly superior diet for that because it alters your hormonal profile in a way such that you burn stored body fat and the high animal protein content (most keto diets are meat heavy and meat is recommended) means you will maintaining or gaining muscle quite effortlessly. So while technically you can lose fat starving yourself in a HCLF 1500 calorie diet or whatever you'll also lose a lot of muscle, be hungry all the time, and when you're done you'll look like a skinny fat version of yourself who will probably binge and gain all the weight back because the human body always wants to be in homeostasis and does not like being starved.

...except when comparing to something isonitrogenous instead of that low protein straw man (something that no one serious recommends other than delusional vegans) your dumb meme diet is likely inferior for body composition (and also satiety if you use whole food high fibre sources of carbohydrate and the person insnt that insulin resistant)
>>
>>36363996
That's what feels best for me, I personally don't diet strict keto. Try more water, salt, and magnesium/potassium. 1200seems pretty low considering how calorically dense Fat is; up the calories and get your minimum protein macros and the rest from Fat.

>>36363794
>Lean Protein
You should be eating fatty protein, common mistake on Keto m8. Need to be eating LESS protein.
>>
>>36364182
m8 if you're overweight like most americans you are probably insulin resistant to some degree
>>
>>36364186
Okay thanks. How can I up magnesium/ potassium. Can I do that via food or do I have to supplement?

And also how many carbs a day should I get if I want to Keto. Is around 30g okay?

I'll definitely try your recommendations and see how it goes
>>
>>36362935
no it doesn't make a difference

1 tsp of sugar is like 15 calories--so you're eating 30 calories there

you're autistic if you think 30 calories will make or break you. that's about a total of a 1 pound difference over a 4 month long cut

If you're so concerned, then run an extra 2 minutes

this guy >>36363001 is retarded
>>
Love it

I use carbs only as a power boost between workouts and for insulin when wanting to gain mass, that's pretty much it.

My digestive system feels a lot cleaner and high powered, my food cravings aren't bad and I constantly have a lot of energy now. Started LCHF / keto about 2 years ago, been in ketosis or near ketosis for almost half of the time.

Mostly eating meat, veggies, cheese and all kinds of cheese products. Once you really get into keto cooking you'll find that the variety of foods you can eat actually ain't too bad

Fruit's my kryptonite.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 816x816
>>36364666
Trips

Also- do you ever use whey protein / or add extra protein after lifting? Every time a Keto I plateau when I eat too much protein. Like more than 120g
>>
>>36362858
It's cum.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.