[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poorfag Nutrition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: 1456820783017.jpg (49 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
1456820783017.jpg
49 KB, 612x816
Can we talk about eating as a poorfag?

I've got no job(no one fucking hiring), I'm always hungry and needless to say I can't make ANY gains with this """nutrition""". Also doesn't help I'm in Canada so food prices are through the roof..

What are affordable meals for the /fit/fag on a budget?

Right now I'm buying
>Tuna
>Lentils
>Beans
>Rice
>Eggs
>Milk
And some other shit

Any other suggestions? What do you guys personally do?
>>
who's that semen demon
>>
get some fucking spinach and broccolli and have about 50g each a night. wont be too expensive but u need that shit.
>>
>>36362742

>Another shitty attempt at yet another generaI

Nah fuck you OP.
>>
O A T S

P R O T E I N P O W D E R
>>
CHI
>>
>>36362742
>tfw no qt hispanic gf
>>
quien es ese demonio seminal
>>
>>36362791
>How dare he make a thread about something which is important for most people on this board!!???!!

>Why didn't he just post another b8 thread or ">Roiding for this" meme
>>
i have no clue about prices in canada, but:
>rice
>oats
>pasta
>red lentils
>canned beans (especially kidney beans)
>all kinds of deep-frozen veggies (spinach, broccoli, peas, veggie-mixes
>low-fat quark
>eggs
>nuts

myprotein (if they ship to canada) often times offer decent discounts on whey protein. a bag of 5kg whey with ~7,50€/kg.
i personally also browse amazon and online-supermarkets (if you have those in canada). they sometimes offer coupons. i recently bought 10kg of pasta, 10kg of rice and 10kg of oats online for a slightly lower price than in a regular supermarket.
and if we're talking totally poorfag, you could also check out some foodsharing-platforms. they often offer good vegetables that'd go into the trash. only thing you gotta do is go there and pick em up ... no experiences with that tho.
>>
>>36362742
Canadian here, where are you in Canada and what is your area of expertise?
>>
>>36362995
I am in Ontario and I don't have very much.

Only some beginner-level programming and reading Finance and Economics.
>>
Innards are pretty god tier for poorfags.

My local butcher has liver, which is great cooked like steak, kidney, which you can make great stews out of and heart, which I cut into tiny pieces and make risotto out of.

They have great macros, too, and loaded with iron

>109 cal, 18g protein in 100gr heart and kidneys
>191 cal, 30g protein in 100 gr liver

They're tasty as fuck, too. They're cheap because people STILL find it a bit icky to eat them, all the better for us.
>>
>>36362970
Thanks bro. I'll give it more of a look

Overall I just want to compile a spreadsheet of poorfag-foods and then check prices to calculate Price/Nutrients in my specific province/country.

>>36363039
I'll check it out
>>
>>36362888
Who are you quoting?

You seem Iike a huge faggot.
>>
>>36363091
I'm quoting the person I am replying to.

Apparently this thread is "useless" meanwhile there's dozens of "TFW no gf", "HIGH TEST", "Are squats a meme?", ">Roiding for this", and more threads that don't even belong on this board because they're not even loosely tied to Fitness and Nutrition.

Yet when you make an actual thread someone like that shows up or it gets a handful of replies.
>>
>>36363127
>Whining about another faiIed attempt at a generaI spamming up the boards not getting any attention
>>
Sardines. No mercury poisoning, cheap as fuck, delicious.
>>
>>36363147
>Spamming

Explain how it's spam to have one thread about a topic pertaining to many users of /fit/?

What would you rather have instead? 15 threads open on the same subject with 2-3 posts in each?

You're just looking at something to get mad at. The "feels" threads and b8 are the real problem.
>>
Well
>>
>>36363127
This
>>
Not sure about the price in Canadia by in VBland olive oil is cheap and have a shit ton of cals you could just take a few teaspoons a day
>>
>>36364724
Cals is easy but need dem proteins desu

Seems nearly impossible to fit in sufficient protein when cutting as a poorfag.
>>
>>36362742
Damn, who's this beauty, OP? Is she legal? Got a source?
>>
>>36364828
Well?
>>
File: le drake.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
le drake.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>36362742
>general
fuck off idiot
>>
>>36362842
Kek
>>
>>36365146
Nice meme I upvoted
>>
>>36362742
can you post your shopping list. Im a poorfag in uni and next semester im living of campus so any help would be great.
>>
OP I'm a Canadian in Ontario also and I mostly live on beans, oatmeal, pasta and protein powder I have bought from canadianprotein.com
Their prices are pretty neat and their deliveries arrive usually in 24 hours (in Ontario at least)
>>
>>36365598
$200 for 25lbs of whey concentrate

Kinda expensive upfront but damn good deal desu.

What grocery stores you shop at usually?

How do you even hit protein goals with that unless like 5 scoops of whey a day?
>>
>>36365630
I get my groceries at no-frills since it's close to where I live.
And yeah, I take about 3 scoops a day + 3 full meals (usually pasta+beans have a lot of protein, if you don't mind the farts)

You can look at more deals on their website, it's better than the outrageous prices of meat.
>>
>>36365673
How much you spend a month usually?

How's your gains?
>>
>>36362842
Jej
>>
1. Can you support yourself in your own apartment if you work only part time and spend/save money wisely

2. How do you make rice and chicken taste good
>>
>>36362742
>Carbs
Brown Rice, quinoa, oats
Canned Beans
Broccoli, kale, asparagus, frozen mixed veggies
Frozen Blueberries
Salsa

>Protein
Cottage cheese, greek yogurt
Egg
Protein Powder
Chicken
Tilapia

>Fat
Flax, olive/grapeseed oil

Mix frozen blueberries with yogurt. Mix rice/oats with flax. Mix frozen vegetable with eggs and salsa, beans, chicken, tilapia. Dump Cholula on everything.
>>
>>36365796
Cottage cuck and chicken/tilapia is expensive as fuck in Canada
>>
>>36363039
>Hypervitaminosis A
>>
>>36365995
This
>>
File: inb4manlet.png (15 KB, 502x496) Image search: [Google]
inb4manlet.png
15 KB, 502x496
hey guys, how does this look? im just starting out but im pretty sure carbs are too high or is this fine?

im 120 lbs about 5'8
>>
>>36366086
Carbs literally don't matter.

Just get the right amount of Protein and calories and then just have enough fat(not really an issue ever if you hit your protein/cals above 2k).

I'd up the calories. You need to bulk. This is lower than my cutting calories.
>>
>>36365767
What is the cost of living there and how much do you make? Also cayenne pepper + spike
>>
>>36366100
>carbs literally dont matter

t. dyel
>>
>>36366175
t. Not autist

They really don't unless they're ridiculously low.

If you hit your protein goals then hit your calorie goals you pretty much automatically have the right amount of fat and Carbs unless you're cutting.
>>
Srsly don't bother with rice. Buy oats instead. More protons and fiber to satiate you for a longer period of time.

Also if you can manage to save like 40$ a month, a 5lb tub of powder will be your best protein value in the long run. Get an Amazon prime free trial, cancel it before they charge you after a month, get new card from your bank, make a mew email and get another trial
>>
Bump desu
>>
>>36362742
Seattle area here. Chicken is 1.99 a lb, oats are cheap, as are carrots. I'm at about $25 a week for groceries
>>
How to cut as poorfag?
>>
Many of these have already been listed, but I'll post what I do OP.

>dry beans and lentils
>rice
>oats
>bulk sugar for coffee and oats
>on sale meats, especially organ meats and "weird" cuts like feet and brain
>full fat dairy
>solid fats and liquid oils
>on sale/in season vegetables and fruit
>flour, corn meal
>root vegetables like potatoes and onions
>>
>>36367266
Buy less food.
>>
>>36367297
Yea but to hit protein it's hard as fuck with cheap food and low cals
>>
File: 1430967540586.jpg (138 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
1430967540586.jpg
138 KB, 600x848
What can I do with oats RIGHT NOW? I can't cook, and I have some in my cabinet.
>>
>>36367348
Make them lol

If you have eggs, stir an egg in when the oats are done and add aeasonings/spices of your choice. Works with sweet or savory.

Bonus: sautee veggies (i like mushrooms and onions) and stir em in. Salt, peppa and dill weed.
>>
>>36362742
Buy bulk just avoid organic/health stores anon
Dry Beans- more bang for your buck
Oats
Chicken breast from Costco seems to be the cheapest
Millet
Tuna
Frozen vegetables
Bulk whole grain pasta
Frozen tilapia and sole
Fresh vegetables
Other than that learn how to cook for yourself and find a decent wholesaler/ bulk store. Avoid regular grocery stores for meat unless you want something special. If you can find it for cheap I find wild rice and quinoa the most filling grains, followed by the super cheap oats and millet.
>>
>>36367291
Oh, and

>canned fish (sardines, salmon, tuna)
>frozen white fish
>leftover bacon ends/pieces from butcher
>cheap beer (good price to calorie ratio, especially if you have trouble eating and need to drink more calories.
>>
>>36367348
1. place oats in a bowl
2. pour boiling water on them
3. ???
4. gains
>>
>>36367418
>>36367426
But guys how cut on the poorfag plan?

The food that isn't ass fucking expensive wouldn't get me to enough protein within 2k cals no matter what.
>>
>>36367444
Protein powder dude

$40ish per 5lb tub, however long that lasts ya. Also tuna and sardines and onsale meat (you got an aldi? Aldi.)... it's actually pretty easy
>>
>>36367463
That honestly doesn't last long at all if you eat 2+ scoops per day.

Fucking hell I might just bump up to 2500 calories for my cut but do much cardio so I can get in enough protons
>>
>>36367501
2 5lb tubs last me exactly a month at 4 skups per day. All other protein via normal food. Still, powder is the cheapeat protons source. Except for maybe chunk light tuna.
>>
>>36367501
How do u not?

1100 cals and i get like 1.2g/1lb bw
>>
>>36367524
True, thanks bro.
>>
>>36367534
How the fuck?

I need 150+ grams protons a day bruh. And that's going with 0.8g/lbm
>>
>>36367331
This is why whey
>>
>>36367539
Eggs, powder (dymatize elite gourmet personally), tuna, oats, and mushrooms. Occasionally tilapia and canned salmon. But i'm short as hell and female and 127lbs so
>>
>>36363206
this
>>
CostCo.
>>
>>36367574
OK well that explains it lol

Sometimes I wish I was a manlet. Would be a lot easier to eat enough.
>>
>>36367604
Taller is easier, because you can use a lot more vegan (cheaper) protein sources without going exceeding your cals. Lentils, beans and dried peas. Vary your sources to complete the amino acid profile.
>>
File: 2006_sardines_can_open.jpg (195 KB, 1803x1075) Image search: [Google]
2006_sardines_can_open.jpg
195 KB, 1803x1075
Sardines >>>>> Tuna
Salmon is best but is relatively pricey
>>
>>36362742
I buy canned chicken from my local dollar store. 210 calories a can, 25g of protein, 1 dollar.
>>
>>36367444
You're probably not going to be able to hit 1g/lb for a cut if you're a true poorfag.
>>
poorfag bump
>>
>>36362842
Jajajajaja
>>
Daily reminder that industrial meat is pumped with brine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z1c69s7hwg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQuxDy7pYZQ

Pumped meat is almost 20% brine.
>>
Why does nobody ever mention shrimp? The ones that are frozen and come in the plastic bags. They're relatively cheap and got a decent amount of protein, or is the amount of kadmium that bad in the long run?
>>
>>36372378
Cholesterol
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.