[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tried foam rolling today. Is this normal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 1080x1920
Tried foam rolling today. Is this normal?
>>
What did you foam roll with, a cheese grater?
>>
>>36362709
That's an early sign of cancer, sorry anon.
>>
>>36362709
no dip-shit that's a bruise. you should not be bruising yourself.
>>
>>36362709
Why would you do foam rolling on your chest? It is really useful on your legs, but other than that it's a waste of time.
>>
>>36362709
>implying the grids on any of those would poke into skin.

the grids on them are patterns of void space. the little square pads are what touches the skin... which is the part that is not hurt on op.. skin on op is only damaged where there is literally nothing touching the skin

7/10 troll tho, thoughtful
>>
>>36362772
Posture. But that is not my chest.
>>
>>36362772
Looks like he was attempting roll out his serratus anterior or lat.

Shouldn't bruise that easy OP, check your iron. and you're using one that has those spikes on it, don't do that.
>>
did you repeatedly slam yourself onto it? What the fuck anon
>>
>>36362844
Well the space between the pads is closer to the plastic.
>>
How much do you weigh? I can't tell from the pic.

Anyways, I'm no doctor, but I could imagine something like this happening to me when I would roll. I mean everyone's body is different. It might have been some bad stress buildup in your back
>>
>>36362961
70 kg. Just started Stronglifts 5x5.
>>
>>36362993
Yeah, I heard from some sources when people start foam roll they can overdo it. Don't worry though, looks fine lol. Just maybe put some ice on it.

I would recommend using a lacrosse ball, and one product called theracane
>>
>>36362709
Look at the inside of the shirt you were wearing OP. I bet it will match those marks. I know because I got the same marks using a squat machine. The spot where the pads rested on my shoulders I had lines from my shirts stitching for days.
>>
>>36362709
This happens to me on my traps when i squat heavy weight and my shirt folds up on it. It's normal and goes away in like 3 days. It's just ruptured bloodvessels. Nothing major. No idea how you got it from foam rolling though.
>>
>>36363403
foam rolling with his shirt on with his shirt being trapped in the grooves of the roller and pinching his skin?
>>
>>36362709
Yah happened to my back once. After once it stopped.
>>
>>36362709
Yeah, its's normal, I got this the first time I tried foam rolling as well. What I did the next time to fix it was to make sure I actually used a foam roller and not a roll of chicken wire.
>>
>>36362880
This. Rumble rollers aren't actually any more effective than a regular roller. They're just more uncomfortable
>>
File: red marks 001.jpg (49 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
red marks 001.jpg
49 KB, 900x675
>>36363613
if the nigger is somewhat heavy and he was doing it for a while, it's possible.

here's a pic of what it looks like when you get them while squatting. looks like the same shit just with a more discernible pattern from the roller. shit'll go away in no time. it's normally gone by my next workout session.
>>
>>36362709
>2016
>falling for the SS+GOMAD meme
>falling for the weighted foam roller meme
>falling for the spiked weighted foam roller meme

when will they ever learn
>>
How the hell does this happen? Seriously. How hard is it to roll on a piece of foam? Is it really that complicated?
>>
>>36363674
This_2.0. Rumble Roller is garbage. It is for the professional foam roller person, NOT the normie. Use a normal smooth one and it get the job done without all that crazy bruising. Still gonna hurt though.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.