[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad to lose weight and build muscle, solely to attract/get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1457601559794.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457601559794.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
Is it bad to lose weight and build muscle, solely to attract/get women ?

Let's say this is your best motivator.
>>
No. Do whatever you wanna do.
>>
>>36357548
sure, just dont be mad if it doesnt work.
atleast you end up looking good.
>>
>>36357569
/thread
>>
If you have the personality and social skills of a stone, it's not going to work. You don't need much of a personality and you don't need that much social skills but you at least need SOME. I not a PUA fag or a PUAhate fag. I believe both sides are extremely irrational and psychotic. I have a masters in criminology so I know a lot about how people think.

That said if you have some personality, ie you're at least 25% normal-fag, and have some social skills, at least 25% of a normal-fag. I personally believe lifting will help increase your chances with attracting women. If you have 0% capability to even pretend to be a normal-fag you are shit out of luck, no amount of lifting will help you.

Now you will have a bunch of people quote me who think (keyword: think) that they're a autistic weirdo and that lifting suddenly turned them into a normie-tier functioning member of society, but the fact is they were never as much of an autist as they once originally thought they were. Self-diagnosing online and constant self-criticism over years and years leads people like that to believe they're not normal.
>>
i find girls as great motivation , sometimes before im going for a PR or preparing for hardcore lift, i imagine all those bitches mirin
>>
>>36357548
looking good won't help if you aren't already able attract women now, appearance is a helper and will bust confidence if you already have some
>>
>>36357548
You'll always be able to push yourself further lifting for yourself.
>>
>>36357636
> I not a PUA fag or a PUAhate fag. I believe both sides are extremely irrational and psychotic.

What about /r/TheRedPill users?
>>
>>36357548
>can I be motivated by things around me in the world that I want to get?

Nah, it's no good anon.

Also source. Hope you aren't after the type of whore who posts her ass online?
>>
It can be a powerful motivator, but it also can lead to major disappointment and you can get discouraged when you make some beginner gains and al of your problems aren't magically solved.
>>
If you don't end up doing it for you and because you love it, you won't stick with it. Same as fags who pick up playing the guitar to get girls. How many actually stick with it and become decent guitarists? Not many, because they're lazy fucks who don't have the discipline to really learn it, when it was only a means to an end for them.

You might start lifting and get bit by the bug and keep going and get more serious into bodybuilding or weightlifting or wherever it ends up going. But chances are, you will get 6 months in and realise that noob gains aren't forever, going to a gym consistently several times per week and eating an appropriate diet are massive drags. And you'll gradually let it slip until you're lifting at all, just like how many millions of people have guitars sitting in the corner they haven't touched in years.
>>
>>36357548
you'll lose interest for sure
>>
I think the main argument against lifting for women is that it's not really what women want.

Sure women Love hot guys, but define 'hot'. It's different for every person.

Along with that, when do you know that you've reached your goal. When you've 'made it'. When is it?

When you get a girlfriend? Well that's not hard.

When you sleep with or attain a 10/10 attractive woman as a partner?

When you sleep with 10 or 100 or even 1000 women?

The argument is that these are shallow goals that are easily obtainable and often obtainable by other methods. Therefore people often fail to follow through with them or they pursue other methods to achieve their goals i.e studying hard to make lots of money to get girls or pay for prostitutes.

My opinion is that if you want to get strong, fit and healthy. Set goals that are intrinsically motivated, look for a reason to train not for external rewards but because you like to train just the act of training you find enjoyable that way worst case scenario, even if you don't get ripped or massive (or even as ripped and massive as you hoped) you still enjoyed it and didn't waste your time.
>>
>>36357569
/thread

Also you will live longer given you keep it up for a long time
>>
a basic response might be

what will you choose as your rep set-up?

8 or 12

max strength or max hypertrophy?

when i came to this question it was no contest - gains for strength first, hypertrophy as it comes.

i'd rather be secretly stronger than for show. leading me into wanting to health and martial arts etc.

also that time someone called me a cunt for spilling his drink when it was his own fault. and gentle old me lost it for once and pushed him. he went fucking flying to no one's greater surprise than my own. i forgot i did deadlifts loads. concealed power. felt good man.
>>
>>36357548
>it bad to lose weight and build muscle, solely to attract/get women ?
>Let's say this is your best motivator.
It's the IIFYM of motivators. Do it, anything that gets you away from the couch is good.

Just don't stop once you do acquire the girl.
>>
>>36358104
Ken-sama, you've returned.
I always knew we'd cross blades again,
>>
>>36358104
There is almost zero difference between lifting higher or lower reps. The difference between 8 and 12 reps is not even worth thinking about. The main thing is to train hard consistently in a manner that you enjoy and that you find works for you.
>>
>>36357548
>Is it bad to lose weight and build muscle, solely to attract/get women ?

do women think it's wrong to lose weight, put on makeup, get tit implants, etc. to attract men? is it wrong?
>>
>>36358322

mostly it illustrates the mentality desu
but funny how you know to contradict the common appraisal senpai
>>
"Lifting" to attract girls is the stupidest thing you can possibly do. Not because it's "vain" or "not the right thing to do", but because it DOESNT FUCKING WORK.

You know what women find attractive? A handsome FACE, a tall HEIGHT, and good BONE structure. You can gymcel your ENTIRE LIFE but it won't change these SET IN STONE, GENETIC factors that MATTER THE MOST. Really the only way working out will make you look better is if you're already overweight and losing weight reveals previously hidden cheekbones/jawline, and therefore improves your FACE. Thinking women like guys with autistic bulging muscles is stupid as FUCK. Yeah, they might like a little bit of muscle, but 1) it's meaningless compared to FACE, HEIGHT and FRAME, and 2)Studies have shown that women prefer their partners to be in shape naturally, rather than having to go to the gym to maintain a physique.

Just look at posts like this >>36357652, to see the mentality of the average gymcel. I mean seriously, it's hilarious when you think about it

>i find girls as great motivation for breaking PRs
>i imagine all those bitches mirin
>i imagine

Just lol. Yup, that's gymcelling for you.

He IMAGINES them "mirin", because that's the only way he could ever come close to experience lifting-induced female attraction. Face it, girls don't give a FUCK about muscles.

I'm guessing you're new to /fit/ OP, so you may still have a chance to evade gymceldom. Leave now. The people on here are borderline psychotic, convincing themselves they're doing something worthwhile when they get NONE OF THE RESULTS THEY DESIRE FROM PURSUING IT.
>>
File: haha.gif (2 MB, 180x230) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
2 MB, 180x230
>>36358394
>>
>>36358394
Face/Height/Frame guy, why haven't you got yourself a good old fashioned tripcode yet? You brighten up my day
>>
>>36358394
Grills love muscles, don't listen to him. Look at the bodies the hottest Hollywood men have.
>>
>>36358394
Oh look who's back, kek. Do you never ever get bored?
>>
>>36357548

Who is this?
>>
women are temporary
the strive for aesthetics is eternal
>>
>Is it bad to lose weight and build muscle, solely to attract/get women ?

Of course not. You should use anything you can as a motivation to improve yourself.
>>
Everything humans do is done at least in part to make themselves more attractive to the opposite sex.
>>
>>36357548
Its bad to be anything but self motivated. When you don't, you give the power of your own motivation/life to the hands of someone else. That someone else now indirectly controls your life, this is never good. When your motivation goes away, aka this person goes away etc. You're fucked. For a renewable, unrelenting source of motivation, it has to come from within. No one can take away or control that
>>
>>36358478
Girls like ottor mode muscles generally. Much more muscle than that and it feels unnatural / you're trying too hard / muscles that big are pointless.
That being said, working out does not entitle you to another human.
>>
>>36358957
>women are temporary
They'll outlive you on average- you must be extra temporary then.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.