[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OAT RECIPES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: oats.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
oats.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1071
How do I make oats palatable? I've been trying to choke them down with milk, but their texture gives me a headache and the constant chewing makes me feel sick.

Is there anything I can do to my oats to make them edible?
>>
>>36351550
Buy oats flour and mix it with something
>>
Make pancakes.
>>
>>36351568
>>36351592
Pancakes with oat flour, or pancakes with oats inside them?

Are pancakes good even though they'll have quite a bit of sugar in them?
>>
>>36351602

1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1 egg
Dash of vanilla and baking powder

Blend in Nutribullet, fry like a pancake. I make 3x at a time, and keep it in the refrigerator. So at the most, the mix is 48 hours old.

I use sugar free syrup.
>>
just eat it you fucking bitch.
>>
File: 136952926349.jpg (96 KB, 900x459) Image search: [Google]
136952926349.jpg
96 KB, 900x459
>>36351550
I wanted to try eating no dairy so i came with something for oats, it's probably been thought of before but here it is

>2-3 bananas in a bowl
>mash the bananas
>add oats
>mix
>add peanut butter
>mix

It's surprisingly good. No cooking at all.
>>
>>36351550
Using cream of wheat or some oat flour make oatmeal crepes

>mix 2 cups of oat flour/cream of wheat
>and vanilla whey if you wish
>3 large eggs
>1 ½ cup of milk
>1 tbsp sugar or 1 tbsp of honey
>1 tsp vanilla
>pinch of salt
>blend
>make crepes
>throw on fruit
>if you wanna get fancy mix some low fat ricotta and cream cheese
>fill into a crepe and fold
>bake for a bit
>drizzle on some strawberry simple syrup
>>
Huge spoonful of sweet peanut spread
>>
>>36351550
are you suppose to eat them dry?
>>
File: Tmk7Spa.png (41 KB, 506x484) Image search: [Google]
Tmk7Spa.png
41 KB, 506x484
>>36351550
>constant chewing

When I soak them with milk I'm practically drinking them down, is this bad?
>>
>>36353617
I dunno, but that's what I tried.
>>
>>36351550
If you don't like the texture try steel cut oats. If you still don't like those find something else
>>
>>36353831
There's your problem you dolt.

Cook that shit up niger
>>
>>36354166
Cook how? I thought it was just (bowl + oats + milk) + squats = gains
>>
>>36353773
no, anon
>>
>>36351984
Oats dry? Like those mason jar overnight oats recipes you see on pinterest?
>>
I bought a thing of steel cut oats a few days ago. I've been experimenting to try and make them taste good.

>Start boiling 1/2 cup oats in the stove
>About a minute after they start cooking, dump in 1 cup of frozen mixed fruit (I use a berry blend)
>Stir and cook until it's ready
>Mix some whey powder in for additional flavour/protein

Tastes pretty good to me.

~430 cals
>>
>>36354325
1 part oats
2 parts water

Put in a sauce pan over high heat till it boils then turn the heat down to low. Stir occasionally.

Then throw in fruit or protein powder if you want.
>>
>>36351550
What's so good about oats anyway?
Besides helping you poop
>>
File: 1454295852059-h.png (32 KB, 271x243) Image search: [Google]
1454295852059-h.png
32 KB, 271x243
Can someone explain the health benefits of eating oats? I am starting the journey to fitness.
>>
>>36355026
Low fat, pretty low calorie for how much of it you can stuff in your face, it's a whole grain so you got dat fiber, it's got some protein in it already. Overall a good choice considering it can help you stay fuller for a bowl's worth of the stuff.
>>
>>36355026
Cheap carb source high in fiber without fructose
>>
>>36355052
>>36355042
I can dig it. I keep hearing low carb diets are better for fitness.
>>
>>36355174
It tends to be the easiest route because many times, it's the added sugar that more often than not exceeds the usual carb intake recommended by the DGC
>>
>>36355174

By shills and ketards who don't fucking workout

If you want to get strong, you NEED carbs. Carbs are what your body uses to make glycogen. A low carb diet results in greatly diminished endurance and thus shitty workouts.
>>
>>36355185
>A low carb diet results in greatly diminished endurance and thus shitty workouts

This is wrong though. High endurance athletes (talking ultramarathoners) go into ketosis during their run. You just gotta get through the wall, ie when your body transfers to using fats as energy
>>
File: 1455157672342-h.jpg (117 KB, 760x408) Image search: [Google]
1455157672342-h.jpg
117 KB, 760x408
>>36355185
Then my journey begins!
>>
>>36355207

They go into ketosis during their run because even with a normal diet the body can only store so much energy. When you're running dozens of miles, you WILL eventually run completely out of glycogen.

But while you can jog under ketosis, you can't do real strength training with ketosis. Your muscles cannot put out anywhere near their maximal power when you don't have readily accessible glucose.

Keto dieting is great for shedding weight. You lose weight even if you're not at a deficit just from losing water weight. This is ideal if you're a bodybuilder getting ready for competition or a pro fighter getting ready for weight in. But if you're actually trying to get stronger, and not just lose weight, you must have carbs. I'm not saying 80/10/10 macrosplit like some retards suggest, but don't swear off starch forever just because someone told you that's what a caveman did; that ain't even true.
>>
>>36351550
Stop eating your oats dry. You are supposed to heat them up with water, you walking meme.
>>
>>36351550
You don't eat them raw you retard.
>>
>>36355271
>>36355478
Well that's why I made the fucking thread
>>
>>36351550
>1 part oats
3 parts water
>bring water to boil
>add some salt maybe one pinch
>add oats to waters
t>urn down heat to low and let that shit simmer for ~15mins. Stirin is optional.
>add cacao and fruit of choice (i either use a banana or frozen berries)

>your oatmeal is now ready.
i usually take a shower while that shit is simmering
>>
>>36354888
Nah, the container doesn't really matter, you make it and eat it straight away. I do use oat flour or whatever though.
>>
>>36351550
Make "Havregrynskugler". It's the fucking best. If not, make "Havregrod".
Breakfast of champions op
>>
i have oats every morning, i just throw them raw into the blender, blend them into dust, and then add other ingredients.
Dont need to eat shitty porridge and still get the benefits.
>>
>>36351550
What are oats even good for? Serious question. Seems like a huge waste of macros to me.
>>
>>36357661
>cheap
>filling
>complex carbs
>some protein
>fiber
>versatile
>>
First off dont buy the goddamn giant steel cut oats. Get the 1 minute ones.
>>
>>36357704
or just have a bowl of fruit loops instead
>>
>>36351550
Make porridge you dipshit. Bit of honey and you're good to go.
>>
File: rer.jpg (22 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
rer.jpg
22 KB, 180x180
call the cops I don't give a fuck
>>
>>36357661
Back when I used to eat bread in the morning and at work I would have horrible cramps and farts. Then when I had to shit only a tiny rockhard piece of poop came out. I switched to oats and it just about stopped happening, only when I am stressed out do my intestines still fill with air.. It is quite annoying
>>
>>36357692
Not convinced at all. Also

>Complex carbs
Literally worthless.
>>
this nigger has literally never made oatmeal before
>>
>>36357763
Then dicks is probably more your thing.
>>
>>36357776
So you don't really know why you are eating oats, right? You just did it because /fit/ told you to. You guys are retarded.
>>
>boil 1 cup water
>add 1/2 cup oats
>add handful of raisins
>boil 1 minute, stir well

OPTIONAL:
>add diced banana (highly recommended)
>add handful of blueberries
>sprinkle in cinnamon

Judging by a lot of the replies here I wonder how many of you are DYEC's (Do You Even Cook)?
>>
Plain oats do suck, I eat them everyday but haven't had plain oats in about 3 years. My breakfast is basically a shake consisting of:

>cooked oats
>water
>1-2 scoop whey
>raw egg
>frozen fruits

tastes great
>>
>>36357908
I gave you a bunch of reasons on the other post you enormous faggot.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.