[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long is your average workout?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: fit.jpg (90 KB, 920x613) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
90 KB, 920x613
I'd like to preface this by saying that I've never been into fitness, been a skinny fat POS my whole life. I recently did a year of physical therapy to address pelvic pain. That experience changed my outlook on fitness and health and since being discharged I've been trying to keep up my regimen at home with the banding I was given by my PT. I've got a long way to go.

I do my "workouts" at home, mostly with resistance bands and body weight (and shit like big water bottles as dumbbells) because I'm getting started and that's the equipment I have.

I "worked out" for 45 minutes today and I had time to do a 5 minute mile on my stationary bike, 20 clams with resistance banding in 4 different positions (80 total), some yoga stretches, and that's it. It zipped by so fucking fast, though part of the time was spent fucking with my radio.

I'd like to know

>where you work out
>how long you take
>how much you get in
>how time restraints effect your regimen
>>
>>36346896

60-90 min. lifting
15-30 min. cardio
1 hour stretch before bed
>>
2 hours average, PPL with core and lower back work almost every workout
>>
been lifting for a week (lol)

Workout is 5x5 3 days a week, so only spend around 40 mins weight, then 20 min cardio. Gonna up my cardio next week though, it's a gradual thing.
>>
>>36346896
>>where you work out
campus gym, i work there too
>>how long you take
from the time i get there to the time i leave is about 2 hours on the dot
>>how much you get in
1 mile run, 5 minutes warming up/dynamic stretches, 90 minutes of lifting, 1 mile run, 15 minutes stretching
>>how time restraints effect your regimen
I work out at times that I don't have time constraints

sometimes my workouts take much longer. if the workers at the desk are qt3.14s i'll go flirt with them for a while
>>
30-45 minutes of lifting 3 times a week is all you need for gradual progress.
>>
~2 hours
30-45minutes stretching every day
>>
>>36346957
>browses 4chan
>flirts with attractive women
Pick one
>>
>>36346896
As a beginner my weights workouts were approximately 45 minutes, usually followed by a half hour or so of cardio.
Now I'm training for a bodybuilding competition, and my weights workouts are closer to 90 minutes, and I try to do 45 minutes of cardio at another time in the day, separate from weights.
As a beginner I trained 3-4 times a week. Now I train 5 days a week with weights and cardio every day. I trained on a beginner schedule for about 8 months, switched up for four months, went back to beginner for four months, then finally advanced properly.
I've been training now for about 4 years and am fairly strong and aesthetic.
Hopefully this information is helpful.
>>
>>36346896
45-60 minutes 5x a week. 5 exercises per muscle group, 3 sets, 8-15 reps. Gym is 5 minutes away, so not really bothered by the time.
>>
>>36346896
I work out at a 24h gym that takes an hour to get to, one direction. My usual workout is PPL, 90 minutes long with two compounds, some isolations and extra core/forearm work. That said, if I had time restrictions I'd do an upper/lower compounds only routine and could be in and out of the gym in 45 minutes.
>>
>>36346896
60-90 min. Got off work late last night and those assholes kicked me out.
>>
>>36346984
i know you're memeing but not all of us are losers m8
>>
How long is Stripped 5x5 supposed to take?
>>
1 hour for barebones workout

90m - 2hrs if I do a lot of accessory work
>>
I'm on too much dnp. So nothing. Will report full workout later
>>
>>36346920
>>36346944
>>36346957
I haven't done any cardio in over 2 months... Kinda starting to think I should start again..
>>
>>36346896
About 50-60 minuttes on average 4, sometimes 5 times a week, im doing a brosplit. Leg and back day last a bit longer (circa 70) while sholders, chest days last 40-45. Ive got overdeveloped shoulders in proportion to my body.

>mfw OHPing 1pl8 for more reps then 80kg bench
>>
File: 1439656937413.jpg (181 KB, 934x634) Image search: [Google]
1439656937413.jpg
181 KB, 934x634
Thaks for all the input.

So I'm getting that it's better to spend an hour a day on a specific body part/region and switch the focus of that hour's work every day each week than to try to get a little bit of each body region in each hour of each work out. Is that correct?
>>
2 hours.
60 min lifting, 60 cardio, 5 days a week.
>>
>>36347494
correct, you don't have enough energy in a workout to fully 'break down' every muscle, you will be too tired to exert yourself
>>
>>36347258
Always good to be athletic bro. Or at least be able to run 5k without dying.
>>
>>36346920
How do you stretch for a full fucking hour?
>>
>>36348144
try to blow yourself until you succeed.
>>
>>36348144
you just keep stretchin'
>>
>College gym
>around an hour, longer if I have to wait for equipment
>Always a full push, pull, or legs workout
>>
>>36346896
>home gym
>30-45 minutes
>usually try to do 3x5 for 3-5 different lifts
>i have a kid and a demanding job, so its tough to find the time. used to do higher volume and more varied exercises pre-baby.
>>
All these people working out for two or more hours better be huge, on gear, or both. If you're just an average joe 2h is either too much volume or taking like 5min rests between sets. Longer isnt always better.

To keep on topic I do PPL so my workouts have been about 2h, 1.5h, and 1h. In top of that I do 35 min oof cardio each morning before breakfast and gonna try bumping it to 1h gradually to help cut.
>>
75 - 90 minutes of lifting
10 - 15 minutes of stretching/warming up

20-30 minutes of browsing datpiff for dank new mixtapes is sprinkled in there
>>
>>36346896
I only have a few exercises (compounds + 1 or 2 isolations + abs/calves if I feel like it) but I always end up doing 3 hours for some reason. Why the fuck does it take me so long?
>>
>>36346896
Two hours. Every time. I have 5 completely different workouts per week and the only thing they have in common is nothing.
>>
about 15 minutes of warming up
around 80 minutes of lifting
around 50 minutes for cardio
>>
>>36346896
6 days a week at home:
>Basic mobility stuff
>Push ups and chin ups spread throughout the day (frequency method from GSLP)
>3 - 5 mins of burpees

3 days a week at the gym
>LIFTAN 90 mins
>>
>45min-hour of liftin'
>30-45min of cardio.

Depends on your goals, I'm a recovering fatass, so I use both since it's the best way to lose weight.I alternate the days, and go 6 days a week.
>>
>>36347258
running is good for the soul, just not the gains. As long as you keep relatively low mileage (i do 12 miles/week maximum, normally around 8-10) running is great. It especially helps with playing intramural sports at college

plus cardiovascular gains help when fugging qt college girls
>>
How the fuck do you guys do 30mins-1hr of cardio?! I do 10 minutes of stairmaster after every workout, bumping it to 20 minutes now cause of this shit
>>
How long is SS supposed to take? I just started and I'm usually done in 20 minutes. It's just 3x5 squats, 3x5 bench /ohp and 1x5 deadlifts, right?
>>
>>36350998

should be doing 3x5 cleans instead of deads on one workout (or substitute penlay rows for cleans, much easier beginner exercise). maybe also consider taking slightly longer rests between sets, because when you begin doing heavier lifts you're probably not gonna be able to breeze through nearly that fast, especially when you need to be doing like 3 warmup sets before your working set on deads.

you should also look into adding some accessory lifts into your program too, if you're already at the gym may as well make it worth your while
>>
1 hour to walk to the gym (4 miles)
5 minutes of bike to get heart rate up
2.25 minutes of lifting
20 minute walk to the bus stop

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
>>
>>36346896
>where you work out
Commercial gym. No hardcore gyms in my area and I'm too poor and have no room for home gym
>how long you take
Probably an hour and 15, an hour and 30 minutes ish in and out the door. About 10-15 mins warming up, bit over an hour on the workout.
>how much you get in
Full body, 3x per week like any respectable natty who still can't quite 1/2/3/4.
I go to the gym at the end of the day when I've got all my work done so I can spend as long there as I need. Since I usually go at about 9pm I'm always tired and not as strong as I could be if I went in the day time
>>
>>36347494
that is actually an awful idea. i highly prefer something more full body. doing a body part only once a week is way to much downtime for that muscle
>>
how the fuck are people doing 90+ minute workouts. i work 8 hours a day, spend an hour round trip driving to work, sleep 8 hours, and spend another 2 hours doing daily chores. i have maybe 5 hours of free time a day. i imagine my situation isn't too far from the average. who the fuck wants to spend nearly 2 hours a day exercising? christ.
>>
File: 5 reps cardio.jpg (144 KB, 1104x1104) Image search: [Google]
5 reps cardio.jpg
144 KB, 1104x1104
>>36346896
>where you work out
home gym masterrace

>how long you take
On a motivated day about 1 to 1.5hs. On a bad day it takes me up to 2 hours.

>how much you get in
3 heavy compounds. About 12-15 working sets and a lot of warm up sets to get to the working weights prior to each of course.

I like restrictions. They keep me more focused and end up with a more bare boned program.
Sometimes I only got 20 mins and gotta go. Those days I end up doing clean&jerks ramped weights to max singles.
>>
An hour flat.

I work out during my lunch break at work M-F.
>>
>where you work out
Commercial gym in the same building as my work
>how long you take
60 minutes
>how much you get in
I can barely get through Coolcicada's PPL.
I hit the gym in the morning before work (7:30-8:30). It's always pretty much empty, so never having to wait for equipment or work in with others is nice. Though it would be sweet if I had an extra half hour at least.
>>
>>36346896
>where you work out
Campus gym
>how long you take
2-3 hours depending on wait for squat rack/bench
>how much you get in
SL(+ warm up sets) and accessories
Sometimes I do ab work back at my room instead of at the gym
>>
>>36346896
>where you work out
Outdoor gym/home. Outdoor gym is really close to my house so I'll do some pull ups, ride home and then do the rest of my workout which is usually just like squats/OHP/deads/cleans
>how long you take
Depending on how I'm feeling, about 30 mins - 1 hour. Sometimes I get lazy and sit around for ages between sets
>how much you get in
I usually just do 3x5 or 5x5 of 3 exercises, so yeah about that much
My regimen is based on not having a lot of time to work out but still being able to work all the big muscle groups 2-3 times a week. I'm usually able to find time between all the other bullshit I do
>>
>>36346896
When I started 2hours per session. Now (a year later) I have learned to get the same progress in about 1hour-1:30. Doing cardio at a 6min mile pace vs a jog cuts it nearly in half. Doing my core lifts with longer rests first then my hypertrophy lifts in a circuit pattern with short rests.

One year later still riding the gains train.
>>
>>36351133
Why not jog to the gym? You can skip you bike ride by getting your cardio up, you can prolly get a good 5k time if you do it enough
>>
>>36347247
The feels
>>
>>36350998
Its 5x5
And you should be doing about 3 sets of warmup sets for each of your compound movements before your working sets.
>>
>>36347494
You should work out every single major muscle group at least twice a week, but preferably three times a week.

This is why PPL are generally shit because you are only doing each once a week.
>>
I do SS+accessories for about 1hour-2hours. I do a shipload of accessories. Every workout is a full body workout. I do day on, day off and take the weekend off. Trying to put in cardio on days off but I have splitting pain in my shins if I run too long. Need to see a doc or get better shoes
>>
>>36346896
8 HOURS WHATEVER IT TAKES
>>
racquetball club that has a fairly well equipped weight room. Most of the club patrons are older white folks, so there's very little competition for stations. (Plus everyone is very quiet and polite. Pricey, but so fucking worth it.)

5 minute up-tempo run to warm-up
then probably 45min to an hour of lifting
6x a week.
I have no life, so time constraints are a non issue.
>>
>>36346896
15-20 minutes I'm seeing if the mike mentzer 1 set system works
>>
>>36346896
>How long is your average workout?
I workout until I'm done. Depends on how busy the gym is; usually 1-1.5 hours.
>>
>>36347494
>sticky
>>
>>36353591
very bad at running - bad knees, prone to runner's knee, and also got flat feet

going to try and get into it during my easter break, back home to wales, jog around the coast
>>
>>36353000
Not gonna make it.
>>
File: 1455848442204.png (37 KB, 807x662) Image search: [Google]
1455848442204.png
37 KB, 807x662
>>36353358
>>36353358
>>36353358
>>
>>36346896
Usually around an hour and a half.

Takes me around 20 minutes of warming up and stuff until I'm ready to hit my first heavy working sets (heaviest exercises done first in the session of course).
I do one or two heavy exercises and am finished with these after roughly an hour on average. Then I have about 15 minutes until I start losing focus. These 15 minutes are spent on important assistance work.
After that I fuck around for about 15 more minutes doing easy stuff, mobility stuff, pre-hab/rehab stuff.

I could easily keep lifting for 2 more hours of course, but I don't like to do what I call "garbage sets". If there's no real effort or intensity I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of it.
>>
>>36356857
Do DC training instead if that's your thing. Also, no warm-up?
>>
>>36347494
That's one athletic cat
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.