[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
heart failure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1445999856378.png (270 KB, 804x964) Image search: [Google]
1445999856378.png
270 KB, 804x964
/fit/, my doctor just diagnosed me with congestive heart failure at 22, he said that I have about 5 years to live, but that my chances improve if I become physically fit and eat well.

I really don't want to die like this. Can anyone please tell me good workouts to exercise my heart thoroughly without risking a heart attack or worse from the strain? I already take 30-40 minute walks, but I don't know if that's enough.
>>
>>36336180
Is this le genetic meme? If not, how fat are you?
>>
take long rests in the sauna
>>
>>36336193

I'm not fat at all, I'm 6'2" and 153 lbs. But I've lived a totally sedentary lifestyle and eaten the worst garbage all my life, and I've always had high blood pressure. I'm such an idiot for not taking better care of myself.
>>
>>36336210
DON'T DO THIS, OP. IT WILL KILL YOU.

Reminder that zyzz died for our sins.
>>
>>36336180

Gonna need some stats so we know where you're starting from.

Height/weight. What's your diet like - be honest, then we can actually help.

The basics would be:

>clean up your diet
>avoid fructose
>don't smoke
>start couch to 5k

If you give it a year of diligent work you can really make some solid progress. Be strong, brother - I know what it's like having a death sentence hanging over your head.
>>
>>36336215
Well shit man I'm sorry. I'll give you some of my gains for two inches of height tho. 5'10 manlet king
>>
>>36336180
i dunno if that's just some bullshit you post for attention whoring but i'm gonna answer as it isnt.
work up to at least 4 jogging sessions of 45 minuts each each week. you have a heart disease, take it slowly and be careful.
best of luck anon, dont ever start smoking and live a long and happy life.
i love you
>>
>>36336180
Jon Pall died from that. He lived like a motherfucking hero up until the minute he keeled the fuck over.

>There is no point being alive if you cannot do deadlift!
>>
>>36336221
Lol that trap looking faggot is rotting in the ground, meanwhile I'm up here rocking out lovin' life.

Fuck him. Fuck you.

>worshipping a steroid abusing, hair styling gaymosexual
>being worth anything in life

Pick one.
>>
>>36336180
Run a little bit. Once you're used to the pace and distance, run more. Keep doing this. If your heart feels like it's going to fast, slow down. Be sure to jog/walk to cool down
>>
Aren't they putting you on the transplant list?

Also first off, buy a heart monitor for keeping safe while working out. Rowing might do you some good.
>>
Actual medfag here. Tell me more about your heart failure? What caused it? Since you are so young, did he diagnose you with some form of cardiomyopathy? What meds did he put you on (ACEI/ARBs, Beta blockers, diuretics, etc.)? What heart failures symptoms do you have i.e. how bad is it?
>>
You need cardio. But you can't do cardio without some risk of heart attack. So do any exercise around other people.

The fact that you aren't fat means you won't have atherosclerosis, so that's not a major concern.

I would suggest jogging on the treadmill. Inside a climate controlled building, 6-7 miles an hour until it becomes trivial, then go faster.
>>
File: 1428680663255.jpg (92 KB, 778x651) Image search: [Google]
1428680663255.jpg
92 KB, 778x651
>>36336273
>going this hard for a reply
its ok buddy, im so lonely too that the only thing that gets my dick up anymore is catching a girl looking at me
>>
>>36336180
How did you find out you had it? What made you go to the doctor?
>>
>>36336180
Isn't there a surgery you can get for that? I knew someone growing up who had the same thing. He has a pig's heart now and he runs, lifts, etc.
>>
Highly unusual for someone your age to get heart failure solely from sedentary lifestyle
He discuss at all the results of your echo, what meds are ya prescribed now? Ischemic/non ischemic?
If this isn't just some troll post, then I think you should be looking at HF diets, fluids, and exercise recommendations from your cardiologist
>>
If this is not a meme, look up Greyskull's LP or SS and give that a try as a beginning, will help you get stronger and into a better base physique, then move onto something more intense such as a PPL split.
>>
OP abandoned thread
he dead
rip OP
>>
>asking advice about a life or death situation on a nigerian chess-playing image board

If bait, 8/10.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.