[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of the landmine press? I never hear many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59 KB, 1920x1080
What do you guys think of the landmine press? I never hear many people talk about it or even do it at the gym.
>>
Some weirdo at my gym does them here in Lafayette, LA other than that they seem like a good exercise
>>
>>36335689
First time I have ever seen someone else from laf post here. As for OP, I would imagine anything you can do with a landmine would probably be doable with a dumbell.
>>
>>36335541
I heard it's the bomb
>>
>>36335541
The only reason you should do ANY exercise that requires you to be on your knees is if you are a girl. Otherwise you are just a homo.
>>
>>36335541
I think if we're going to call a top-down deadlift a Romanian deadlift and an upside-down pull up to a Smith machine bar an Australian pull up then we should definitely call a landmine press a Cambodian press.
>>
>>36335796
Then just do the standing variation, faggot
>>
>>36335737
Used to be inthe gyms fromBR, you go to reds?
>>
>>36335893
Absolutely not. Reds always seemed like a meme gym to me, where people go to hang out instead of work out. At the moment I'm at UL but I'm doing bodyweight routines instead of continuing in the gym. (going to the air force this summer)
>>
>>36335689
>>36335737
Ayyyy I'm studying at ULL for mechanical engineering right now. One year left. Im from Houma though.
>>
>>36335944
I'm currently for exercise science, but thinking about switching. Only a freshman. Fuck the board for not canceling today, my pants are soaking wet.
>>
>>36335943
Ayyyy I'm in the Air Force. Get ready to lose your gains in basic
>>
>>36335979
Haha yeah I expect that much but I've been doing mostly calisthenics up until this point so it won't be such a huge loss.
>>
pretty meme
>>
>>36335541
Used to do it for each arm independently, found it pretty good for shoulder mobility and growth, but not as good as seated db shoulder press stopping just short of lockout at top and just short of rest position at bottom.
>>
I've been thinking about these instead of incline bench. I don't have a bench so I reckon these would be a good substitute.
>>
>>36335943
Yeah I don't recommend anyone going over there
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 960x960
>leverage abuse
>reduced rom
>on your knees
>stealing a bench
>tryhard name
It's only a matter of time before some tribal sleeved man bun + fade sporting glovelord snags the last bench or the one oly bar with knurling left so he can "amramp" his landmineTM ""press"" god I need this interview
>>
>>36335977
Just remember to keep in mind that there is a good chance that whatever you decide on may very well be what you will do for the rest of your life. Make sure it's something you're genuinely interested in. I've changed my major many times. I originally spent two years at Nicholls state in thibodaux before coming to ULL for engineering.
>>
>>36336067
I have a friend who is serious about working out and be took me there. You'll never not have a machine open but it just has an atmosphere I don't like.

>>36336089
Yeah I haven't changed yet, but im interested in accounting so I'm going to take some trial classes during the next semester. My goal isn't to switch a bunch and stay as an undergrad for too long if I can help it.
>>
>>36335882
Sorry, I'm not a manlet. I would barely get any ROM from the bar.
>>
>>36336118
Yea I'm pulling an extra year. Worth it to find my niche imo. A good way to get a feel for your major is go talk to people who do what you want to do. So go chat up some local accountants.
>>
>>36335943
You sound broke
>>
>>36336149
Definitely. I'm set to go talk with someone at Meryl Lynch next week before advising to get his advice.
>>
>>36336158
That as well. Broke enough that I'm moving back with my parents next semester.
>>
Good exercise. Prefer it to incline press because I don't wanna fuck up my bench groove.
>>
>>36335796
>>36335882
>>36336148
Sumo stance!
>>
>>36336248
At that point it would just be better use dumbbells.
>>
File: 1452844442590.jpg (30 KB, 460x355) Image search: [Google]
1452844442590.jpg
30 KB, 460x355
>>36335752
Niqqa, that shit is trippin'!
>>
I can't imagine it doing anything that dumbbells won't do.

BTW good exercise: get into the standing landmine press position and move the bar to the floor on one side then the other using a twisting motion in your back. Gives you them shredded spinal erectors.
>>
>>36336811
Do you have a video demonstration of said workout?
>>
>>36336811
You can also do some core exercises with it, and my favorite, punching exercises for serratus anterior development. (though I prefer the version with dumbells for the serratus)
>>
>>36335541
Good alternative for OHP if your shoulders are shot, injured, etc.
>>
>>36337125
I think he means a Russian Twist
>>
Standing variation is good assistance for boxing.
>>
>>36336075
>stealing a bench
People who steal benches to do this are retards, all you need a steady corner and an adjustable bench is pretty much the lightest piece of equipment in the gym.

You can do them literally wherever.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.