[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /fit/ really count calories ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.gif (4 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4 MB, 360x360
>>
Nah, it's pointless.

Just eat more if you want to gain weight, or less if you want to lose.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 126x122
> 2014 went from 221lbs to 208 counting calories
Weight came back
> 2015 went from 216 to 195 going Keto and not looking at calories

I did better with Keto- but for sure I ate less than maintenance or bulking
>>
Of course, counting calories makes getting to your goal so much easier. Simply eating less or more is far too generic, does that mean 1 meal or 2 and does that exclude calorie dense foods you're unaware of etc etc
>>
IIFYM
>>
I don't really bother anymore. My diet doesn't deviate much from day to day and I know how much protein is in all of it.
>>
I don't, but I should. I'm going to start soon.
>>
Only on the weekends so I know I'm not overeating when I cut. When I bulk, I never count because I eat until I'm full and have a small snack.
>>
>>36328617
Some people don't know what moderation in though. Rough guessing may work for one person and not another.
>>
>>36328591
Only when cutting
>>
>>36328591
i do, to the point it verges on autistic. i weigh my spoonfulls peanut butter.
>>
>>36328591
Hell yeah I do. I think it is really important to if you want to cut properly. I would say bulking it's not as big of a deal but I will probably continue to after my cut because I am a little obsessive lol.
>>
>>36329343
This desu. I should have never bought a scale.
>>
No. But I'm only moderately fit.
>>
File: 1455473802974.png (74 KB, 605x826) Image search: [Google]
1455473802974.png
74 KB, 605x826
I only count when cutting
>>
Been counting calories for about 10 months. I've lost about 75 pounds, but I leave nothing to chance, I Autistically weigh, measure and scan everything.
>>
>>36329503
Nice brah, progress pic? Im down 65lbs since september
>>
>6' 185
>feel like i eat quite a fair amount
>last time i posted a form check someone told me to eat more
>think i'm kinda fat because I have a bit of a gut
>too worried to do anything other than continue to eat the amount that I currently do
Oh well, probably why I'm not making gains as fast as I could be tho
>>
>>36328591
I find it satisfying to know that I ate exactly what my body needed that day. Helps me stay consistent.

I think counting is extremely important when you are trying out a new diet, ie cutting/bulking for the first time, switching from a cut to bulk, etc. But after a while, you find a handful of staple meals that you eat more or less every day so it becomes unnecessary to count your macros. On days when I make a new meal, I count my shit just to be sure.

If you are finding you aren't making gains, you have no excuse not to start counting calories. It's reallly not that hard and it takes maybe 10 minutes of your day that you were probably just going to spend shitposting on /fit/
>>
> It doesn't work because the result go away when you stop
So don't stop.
>>
>>36328591
Yeah, I used to not but when I started I discovered I was only eating around 1200kcals for four days of the week. Now I always count every calorie to ensure I reach at least TDEE.
>>
Yeah, I track all my calories and macros everyday. ALL OF THEM.
>>
I went from 270-ish to 180-ish counting calories, making no special effort to be low-carb or protein. When looked at my rate of weight loss and calorie intake and did the math to find my TDEE was according to the Calories In - Calories Out model, it was within a few % of those online TDEE calculators. Calories aren't the whole story but they're like 90% of it and for most people that's more than good enough.

My guess is that most "don't eat X" diets work because they're secretly a calorie restriction strategy. We all eat too much of everything, so cutting anything out lowers your calorie intake.
>>
>>36328591
after doing it for 2 years

I'm good at guestimating it
>>
Yep, i always know how many calories i consume daily, even when im not "cutting" why would you purposely bar easily accessable information for no reason?
>>
>>36328591

I do if cutting. Why wouldn't you? It's far too easy to overeat if you're just eyeballing and guesstimating every meal.
>>
>>36328591
I dont. I have pretty good gains without doing so.
>>
Count calories and macros
Don't count micros since I eat a varied and large amount of vegetables
>>
>>36328591
I used to but then I realized Ive been eating the same amount of the same stuff for 7 years so I dont need to
>>
>>36329503
>>36328704

fatty here, just bought a food scale today, it does feel better to measure your food before eating, but what apps/websites do you use to keep track of your calories? i'm using myfitnesspal to count my calories but i get confused at times, for example i made 400 grams of chipotle chicken today and i couldn't find it in the app so i just added 400 grams of grilled chicken (around 500 cals) it's those little things that i don't know how to measure correctly.
>>
>>36330003
Just google it internet will usually have the information .calorieking is a good website

Was in like a name brand food like Tyson or was the barcode able to scan it?
>>
>>36330040
>barcode
That's the thing I don't like about counting calories, the easiest foods to count are the ones with a barcode, which means you probably shouldn't be eating it.
>>
>>36330040

i get most of my meat from the butcher and veggies from the farm market, so whenever i try to search something on the internet or a fitness app, i just go with the non brand option, i'm sure there's not a big difference, it's more like an ocd thing
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.