[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oldfags check-in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: ray_moon_03.jpg (37 KB, 700x477) Image search: [Google]
ray_moon_03.jpg
37 KB, 700x477
Any oldfags lurking? Been lifting your whole life? Just started last year because death is looming? Mid-life crisis situation? How's that recovery? Thinking of talking to a doctor about test? How are those joints feeling? Any advice to young folk? Feel weird anonymously posting on a korean wood carving board? Your wisdom and perseverance over time will be appreciated in this thread.
>>
File: 1457371171211.jpg (105 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
1457371171211.jpg
105 KB, 900x720
Bump
>>
File: 150327168.jpg (85 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
150327168.jpg
85 KB, 500x673
Good thread OP there's tono of old people on fit mhm
>>
>>36328432
I'm 22, so older than 98% of this board
>>
>>36328432
how old are you ? 33 here, started lifting at 27
>>
41 oldfag here. I've lifted off and on here and there, just kinda half assed it. Put on about 40 pounds after I got out of the Army. Started taking fitness real serious after my gf dumped me, and through the magic of keto have since lost that 40 pounds over the last 5 months. I have a few weeks of keto left to go before I go on a cruise, at which point I will begin bulking in accordance with prophecy.
>>
>>36328432
34 here definitely find it harder to cut but that's probably the fact that I refuse to give up beer.
spent my whole teenage and 20's being an auschwitz faggot and once I hit 30 and my metabolism slowed down i decided to be a strong and husky faggot instead of just husky.

[spoiler]my forearms will always be shit [/spoiler]
>>
>>36329999
dem quads though...
>>
>>36329924
Have fun dying alone. Tbh Its not as bad as it sounds
>>
39. Recently got back into lifting after a long layoff in which I drank heavily. I quit drinking completely, and have been back at it for 6 weeks running Starting Strength for a rapid linear progression.

Got my lifts back up to the following:

Squat: 285 3x5
Bench: 230 3x5
Dead: 335 1x5
OHP: 135 3x5

I was running the Texas Method before I quit, so I'll go back on that once I run completely out of steam on the linear.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457594373273.jpg (32 KB, 720x535) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457594373273.jpg
32 KB, 720x535
>>36328432
35 as of February. Lifting consistently for 1.5 years.
Lifted in late highschool and was athletic but injuries caught up eventually.

>joint problems suck
>Bad back, can't deadline or squat.
>Wrist reconstructed left hand, can't bench heavy, curl unless hammer, wide grip pulldown or chin up.

I make due with what I can. Severely lacking in thickness and strength because of it.

My advice? Don't push through the pain like a tough guy. You have to be willing to give up some gains in order to fully recover from an injury.
>>
I only 25 but
>herniated disk when I was 21
>muhreen fag so body beat to shit
>all joints hurt
>weathered face of a middle aged man
>always tired
>seems like the only part of me that works is my dick, get raging boners from any chick in shorts and a tank top
>>
File: 1457567243213.gif (1011 KB, 450x365) Image search: [Google]
1457567243213.gif
1011 KB, 450x365
>>36328432
late 40's oldfag here. So far so good and no major pains or dick issues. My advice would be to not overdo it and just have fun in life. It'll be over before you know it.

As far as posting/lurking on this chink trap loving site, I love this place. It's basically the last place that a person can say what they want.
>>
Im a 37 year old professional. I've lifted since I've been in the 8th grade.

The only difference is I don't do traditional squats as much and do hack squat/leg press.

Still can't get over people lifting weights with an mp3 player in their ears fucking weird man
>>
>>36331267
Are you the guy who got stuck under a barbell and the kids with their MP3 players didn't hear you shouting for help?

38yo reporting in by the way. Started lifting again after getting my permanent resident status for Snap City (I own real estate there. One poolside apartment in Lumbar District, one penthouse suite in Cervical District). The good thing is that I learned at Snap City University how to train more intelligently to avoid future injuries.
>>
Turning 30 in may.
Almost died in a car crash at 27, started lifting at 28 after recovery, with a 100% sedentary life before that (also overweight).
Gains are slow but I feel better and people treat me differently, I can feel that.
20yr old girls somehow go nuts about me
Not feeling old, but I'm getting there.
Young folks, start caring about your physique (in general) NOW
>>
File: check this.jpg (33 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
check this.jpg
33 KB, 555x555
>>36329999
>>
>>36329905
31 here, started lifting at 28.
>>
I thought this thread was gonna be about people who have been on /fit/ for a long time (oldfags)

Turns out it's just a bunch of old aged newfags
>>
>>36328432
45 here.
Lifting for a year. 95 kg at start, cut at first to 85, now bulked back to 92 kg.
Motivation - doc said literally: 'Man, you're about 45. Start some physical activity or go kick the bucket somewhere else'.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.