[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catb Backloading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 622x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 622x434
John Keifer's technique of carb backloading is summarized in the following greentext, with clarifications below each step.
*I have not passed step 3 yet, and create this thread so some of you may share anecdotes and other wisdom.
>>
>1. Skip breakfast, eat first meal sometime in afternoon.
Your body is in a fat-burning state early in the day due to cortisol. It also has high insulen sensitivity, so fat can get easily stored from foods eaten too early. Cortisol can also turn on you and create new fat stores, so no breakfast.
>2. Eat light meals early in the day, eating carbs much later.
Carbs need to be harnessed a certain way with this diet and they don't belong in the early half of the day. Salad and protein are suitable lunches.
>3. First 10 days, eat few (<30g) carbs every day
This trains your body to burn fat rather than carbs. The carbs will instead be used for another purpose. Fibrous carbs do not count towards the total, so eat salads and fruits to your heart's content.
>4. Lift weights as normal. Morning training isn't ideal here, but this diet will easily accomodate and do wonders for you even if you can't do it at night.
If you train in the mornings, a few things will be done differently. Try working out at night, as Keifer recommends.
>5. On the tenth day, you will continue following the above steps with one modification: you will load up on high-glycemic carbs after your *heavy* lifting strength training session.
Within an hour of working out, your muscles mimic the effects of insulin while your fat is robbed of it. Carbs are anabolic; they make stuff grow. Read the sticky and you'll find that gaining muscle means gaining fat, while losing fat means losing muscle. This diet circumvents this because of resistance training and timing. Pig out on donuts, pizza, cakes, cereal, oatmeal, and other such nomnoms. Do not attempt to do this with "healthy" alternatives like brown rice, as the glycemic index must be high.
>6. On days that you don't train strength (heavy weights, low reps), limit carbs to 30g as usual. Continue eating them as late as possible.
You should feel muscles grow and fat shrink, but be aware of how many carbs you indulge in. Find a sweet spot for yourself.
>>
Another guy selling gimmick shit that doesn't do anything special which still relies 100% on calories in vs calories out but can still sell programs to idiots b/c he is another roided up therefore he must know what he is talking about.

Calories*(macros) in vs Calories*(macros) out - end of story, good night.
>>
Keifer is interviewed on the topic and talks about details.
https://www.bulletproofexec.com/podcast-transcript-19-carb-back-loading-with-john-kiefer/
First 90 pages of Keifer's book can be downloaded here. I've read this; it's useful info even if it doesn't detail the diet plan.
>>
>>36327393
Forgot link
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/01/11/john-kiefer-carb-back-loading/
>>
>>36327393
This diet doesn't contradict "calories in, calories out". If you won't open your mind to the reality that timing plays a significant role in our diets, then fuck off.
>>
>>36327465

He didn't say that it did.

He's saying that the dude's on roids, and his diet doesn't matter. He's right.
>>
>>36327496
You're probably right, but I'd like to hear it from someone with personal experience with it.
>>
>>36327465
>If you won't open your mind to the reality that timing plays a significant role in our diets, then fuck off.

For health purposes? For that extra possible 0.2% muscle gain over 10 years? For bowel movements? For performance on a professional sports environment where you don't want to walk into competition with a full stomach? Sure thing, meal timing can be good for that.

But for actual FAT loss? it doesn't matter.
>>
>>36327393
This isn't right at all

>>36327372
OP, hes selling a stupid routine for something thats been around for decades.

You don't need to do all that shit.

Carb backloading and carb cycling is simply eating fewer carbs on your rest days and before your workout and eating the majority of you carbs post workout.

His 10 days + refeed is his own take on it. Going 3 low 2 high or daily cycle (pre/post workout) etc works all the same

Leangains has a similar routine and even Scooby talks about it on his website
>>
>>36327521
>But for actual FAT loss? it doesn't matter

Nah, thats not right, sorry. Read the studies on Leangains. Read the studies about PSMF (no carbs, no fat, all protein for a week, then giant carb refeed every weekend).

Fasted (or carb-fasted) workouts are significant.
>>
>>36327562
Why do you think these types of diets keep dying off and popping back up? It's because they don't actually work any better than traditional dieting methods. It's literally marketing shit. These things die off after awhile, then someone else brings them back up.

Lean gains is pretty much dead right now. Other people are just coming up to take his place (like Kinobody) and soon once people realize it doesn't do shit any different, he'll die off and some other one will take his place and try revive it.

This shit is old and done 100 times over already. It's not anything new, stop acting like you think you're onto something revolutionary and that nobody else knows better.
>>
IF+IIFYM=life
>>
>>36327619
I'm not even OP and it does work because I've done it. Have you? Don't answer because I know you haven't. Nobody is saying anything is new... at all. Arnold did this shit a hundred years ago. Bodybuilders ate "steak and eggs" for days at a time and then crushed bread to look fuller. Carb cycling has been around since forever.

These things "keep coming back" because all roads lead to Rome. Low fat, low carb, carb cycling, LISS, HIIT, coffee, green tea, fasting, small meals through the day. It all fucking works and it all works in different ways and works for different people.

I got great results on Leangains and IF and now I'm getting great results on PSMF. Carb backloading is the tits for different reasons.

Also, Leangains is only dying because Martin never fucks with his website anymore.
>>
It took me 15 minutes to read the post below the OP because im too high atm
>>
This thread is just a bunch of people in denial. CBL is the ABSOLUTE Ideal way to eat if you lift heavy and want to be aesthetic.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.