[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://medium.com/@thefatshadow/wh at-it-s-like-to-be-that-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Selection_318.png (65 KB, 950x507) Image search: [Google]
Selection_318.png
65 KB, 950x507
https://medium.com/@thefatshadow/what-it-s-like-to-be-that-fat-person-sitting-next-to-you-on-the-plane-85006e263778
>>
File: Selection_317.png (27 KB, 762x361) Image search: [Google]
Selection_317.png
27 KB, 762x361
>>
>>36310528
>>36310528
you'll prob get instabaned for this (on that site)
>>
>>36310527
>Last month, the doctor said my blood pressure was good, and that I had a healthier exercise regimen than most of the patients she sees
>>
>>36310527
>Nope. Weight is more than calories in, calories out. DNA plays a major role. Neuroscience is also thrown into the mix. There may be plenty of people who love them some cheesecake but there are also plenty of people who eat 1200 calories a day and are still overweight. Don’t rush to judgement—the facts aren’t all in yet.
>>
Just have people pay for flights by weight, a plane full of skeles needs less fuel than a plane full of planets.

Over a certain weight, you get two seats because you're paying more.
>>
>being massively obese is absolutely horrible
>but not horrible enough for me to bother losing weight
>>
>>36310527
She's not wrong about the characture of a fat person being possibly demeaning but all the words and bloggy delivery is annoying as shit
>>
File: feel better.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
feel better.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>36310527
I posted this in the FPH thread. I made a fake account and typed up a scathing response asking why losing weight/reducing size hadn't entered her head as a way to end this anxiety but then I realized that I would just be shot down ("my doctor doesn't understand why I'm not losing weight/my doctor agrees that I'm healthy as I am") and I fucking closed out.

Just fuck it all.
>>
I take a small bit of comfort in the number of responses that call her out for being a fat fuck of her own volition, as well as the number of likes those comments have received
>>
>>36310527
maybe the plane should have different weight classes, and all the fatties have to seat together. this blogger might feel differently if she had to work out the physics of sitting between two people the same size as her.
>>
>>36311082
>my doctor doesn't understand why I'm not losing weight/my doctor agrees that I'm healthy as I am
because you're under-reporting your caloric intake, you fat fuck
>>
>>36311284
what about us muscle bros?

6'6", 250lbs, can barely afford a plane ticket as is
>>
No one questions a vet when he or she suggests you reduce your pet's intake and exercise fluffy a little more. There's no accusations of a pet conspiracy. Because it works, every time, unless your pet as a rare and serious disorder of some sort.

Why? Because your pet can't control its food and activity. Its unhappiness at being hungry doesn't enter the equation at all. It will take several months, but this is expected. Fluffy can't give up halfway through owing to stress or a lack of progress.

Humans aren't special. We just have a hundred ways to cheat and convince ourselves we tried.
>>
>>36310527
lmao one of the comments there
>only 5% of people who lose weight can keep it off. so ‘just lose weight’ isn’t a valid reply.

Is there even anything true about this?
I think it might be the results of a study about doing some fad diets or something, and someone equated fad diets with all weight loss.
>>
>>36311712
it might sound stupid but it's kind of true.
people who lose a lot of weight, EVENTUALLY put it back on. even if it happens 40 years later.
when people say that they talk about a whole lifetime instead of a few years
>>
>>36311423
Well, if you're so huuuge why not walk all the way, faggot?
Shouldn't take you more than a few steps
>>
>>36311423
fat
>>
>>36311712

It's true. A lot of people rebound. But it's not because of some sort of magic humans have to absorb calories from the air that just resets their weight. What happens is that they stick to a diet until they meet their goal, then relax. These people fail in the long run because have the wrong mentality. They diet. They hate it, but suffer through it for the beach body or vacation or whatever. They want results fast.

Real, long-term change is based on changes to your lifestyle and habits, not a commitment to a particular weight. Eating healthy and still enjoying yourself, while staying moderately active, is sustainable and even fun, but SLOW.
>>
>be me
>military flying to japan alone on commercial airline
>have voucher but no ticket
>waiting in line to get a ticket, person in front of me is large guy but friendly so we chat because any line at the airport is a minimum of an hour long even though I'm already past security
>get to counter, women at counter assumed we were friends and makes sure to sit us next to each other
>he is too wide to lower the armrest between us
>I'm squished up against the opposite armrest
>14h later arrive at japan

Didn't say a single word to him after we sat down, just seethed
>>
>>36311813
I would just run if it was over land but I refuse to swim since being in water for a long time is terrible for your electrolyte balance, and I tend to only fly to places like puerto rico (for mofongo bulking) or maui (for kalua pig bulking)
>>
>>36311959
whenever I see a military person I always give them my extended legroom seat. Well, it's not really my own choice, my gf always asks me to do it, so I end up trying to fit my 230lb frame in a normal seat while she stays in the exit row with you guys. She's 5'1" so you guys always have plenty of room
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 320x240
>>36311968
You could just row, perfect opportunity to put those gains to work

>mfw dyels are not warming up by rowing across the pacific ocean

What has happened to /fit/?
>>
>She couldn’t figure out why I was still fat. Neither could I
>This essay was great, until these lines which illustrate a shift it to magical thinking and irresponsibility. I don’t buy it. Were you suffering a hormone-imbalance so significant as to cause obesity, your doctor should be aware and treating it. Hormone or chemicals are very rarely the cause of obesity. For me, Weight Watchers worked, for you something else might. There’s no mystery here, just diet, exercise and—if all else fails—surgical intervention.
This person hit the nail on the head. It's a fine article, and I can empathize with the anxiety angle, but the second the author says "I have no idea why I'm not losing weight", I fucking tuned out.
This is the problem with the vast majority of fat people, they just refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

I'm a chubby guy. My weight's fluctuated my entire life. The difference between her and me, is that I'm actively DOING something about it. My shitty diet and lack of regular exercise were to blame.
I go for jogs in the morning now, and I lose my breath about 10 minutes in, but I've improved a huge amount since when I started. I lift weights, and my arms used to be shaky as fuck, but they're becoming more and more steady.
I have visible biceps. Not big ones, but they're there. I have pecs instead of manboobs. Small ones, but they're there.

Put in the work, and you'll get the reward.
>>
>>36312135
But work is hard, could i not just write this article instead, which is also work but grants no reward whatsoever?

...wait
>>
>>36311423
then you get to get comfy with the rest of the muscle bros and fatties, or learn to live in one region of your country from now on, or get smarter so you can get a higher paying job.
>>
>>36312200
Shit's fucking irritating.

My sister eats the same food as me, but has never stuck to an exercise regime for more than a couple days. I'm slowly getting into shape, and she's just becoming an amorphous blob.
It breaks my heart to see someone I love give no shits about themselves like that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.