[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I gain discipline /fit/? I always felt it has a catch-22
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: sad1.jpg (165 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
sad1.jpg
165 KB, 1024x1024
How do I gain discipline /fit/?

I always felt it has a catch-22 thing going on.
>>
discipline isnt something you can just gain, its something you have. When you finally drop your controller to go to the gym. Thats when you have discipline.

Best way to realize you need discipline is to look at what you are doing and what you should be doing
>>
just imagine dying as a HKV if you dont eat and lift perfect

done
>>
File: yYJdTqa.gif (654 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
yYJdTqa.gif
654 KB, 260x146
>>36301041
I'm gonna be straight. You need to just do the shit you need to do. But, at least you're yearning for the correct thing. Motivation is weak, it wanes and won't ever last as long as your goals.

Discipline is plain and simple. Whatever it is, you just do it. It's as simple as knowing what needs to be done and following through. If you know you need to hit the gym or get up and run, you do it. If you need to skip the free bagels in the break room or toss the rest of your sub to make your diet goals, then you do just that.

Discipline is simple, but it's rarely easy and to really accomplish it you need faith. You have to know that if you just follow through your goals will come. Simple as that, you need to know what you want, how to get it, and then just do it.
>>
Everyone has it, you just decide whether you want to use it or not. Last year, I just decided I was tired of being a fat piece of shit and just went. Best decision I've ever made
>>
You can't think your way into acting differently, you have to act your way into thinking differently.

This means going to the gym when you don't want to. Cleaning the kitchen, counting calories, etc. etc.

You think what you think because you get what you get. You get what you get because you do what you do.

So if you change what you do you change what you get, and if you change what you get then you change what you think, and if you change what you think then you'll keep doing what you did to make you think that way.

>tl;dr just fucking do it pussy
>>
>>36301092
This

Think of needs vs wants and prioritize them accordingly. Do you NEED to play video games or WANT to? Do what you need to first, then you have time for wants
>>
You get disciplined by forcing yourself to be disciplined. There is no "how." You just have to do it (whatever it is) and keep doing it, even when you don't want to.
>>
Can we turn this into a motivation thread now?

Man I decided to cheat this weekend and today I stupidly got on the scale and I'm 4lbs heavier than I was before the weekend. Yikes.
>>
File: abU82Jb.jpg (342 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
abU82Jb.jpg
342 KB, 1024x1024
>>36301200
this picture is very motivating to me, but I can't really say why.
>>
Do X again and again and again until it becomes a habit.

When you want to do Y, try harder for X.

Literally all it takes.
>>
>>36301200
>I'm 4lbs heavier than I was before the weekend.

Don't worry, a lot of that is water weight. It's what usually happens to me when I have a cheat day, but then I lose it within 3 days and weightloss usually isn't affected that much. Of course my "cheat" days are me eating 2800 cal instead of my 1800, I don't go completely mental.

But when I cheat it usually involved pizza or bread since it's what I usually don't eat and that takes in water and bloats me like crazy.
>>
>>36301200
You didnt gain 4 pounds of fat in 2 days anon dont be a dummy
>>
File: 1456630376506.jpg (49 KB, 599x329) Image search: [Google]
1456630376506.jpg
49 KB, 599x329
>>36301041
>gain discipline /fit/?
Put yourself in need.

Go to prison.

Yell "negro please" in the ghetto.

Start a fight with someone bigger.

Or, just quit being a lazy bitch. Whatever blows your hair back, cunt.
>>
>>36301273
Yea I went extremely overboard this weekend more than I had planned but I enjoyed myself. Right now I'm gonna do a 2 day fast to make up for those days then go an a clean strict cut for two weeks
>>
liFT FOR Luke
>>
File: 1023-1024x768.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1023-1024x768.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
>>36301350
2 day fast? what are you fucking obese??
>>
>>36301276
I know but seeing that was still disappointed ting but I needed it because I'm on day 1 of my 2 day fast and I just felt like giving up and once I saw that number I was like nope so still going strong.
>>
>>36301368
No not even close but I do fast a lot. Idk its kind of like a consequence for my actions . 2 day fast to reverse overeating for 3 days then back to cutting
>>
>>36301400
I would just do some extra cardio and maybe skip rest day, rather than fast and starve your body of stuff it actually needs, because you gave it too much stuff it didn't need.
>>
>>36301317
>lazy ass NEET
>fail uni exams
>get drafted due to compulsory conscription
>get assigned to a place which is famous for its girls and beaches
>yeah pussy will flow like no tomorrow to this Gendermerie Commando
>brag like no tomorrow yet friends only chuckle
>"welcome to hell"
>mfw there is no beach
>mfw there is no girl
>mfw there is only pain
>mfw mad gains in 18 months
>>
>>36301041
How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time. Start with small things and work your way up.
>>
>>36301429
>How do you eat an elephant?
>One bite at a time.

Or realize that small shit can't eat an elephant. Some people are just destined to be meek.
>>
>>36301041
>How do I gain discipline /fit/?
By not being a pussy any more.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.