[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ was this money well spent? Fairly thin guy weighing 60kg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: IMG-20160307-WA0008.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160307-WA0008.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Hey /fit/ was this money well spent? Fairly thin guy weighing 60kg
>>
>>36299371
calories are calories are calories
>>
How many scoops OP?
>>
>>36299384

I think you get about 1000 cal if you drink it with milk

Only heard good comments about this stuff
>>
>>36299394

Guys at the shop said 1 full scoop and that it should last me for about a month or month and a half
>>
>>36299422
Are you fucking serious? C'mon. 4 scoops at least. Twice a day.
>>
>>36299371
Sounds like you know little about lifting anyways that particular protein tastes amazing but has a lot more sugar per serving than any other
>>
>>36299435

1 scoop is fine for beginners if he is taking it twice a day

This is a mass gainer, at least the scoop isnt supposed to be the same size as a standard shake where im from
>>
>>36299449

Yes m8 I dont know much about it but im willing to learn. They recommended me this one because im very thin and I've already been at the gym for 5 months or so. Should I expect massive gains if I drink this twice a day?
>>
File: cool jew.png (152 KB, 217x255) Image search: [Google]
cool jew.png
152 KB, 217x255
>>36299371

>totally worth it goy, i mean brah GET SWOLE!
>>
>>36299371
It's food. Protein powder is FOOD. That's all it is. If it's your cheapest source of protein per dollar then yeah, it's a pretty good deal.
>>
>>36299497
No it won't magically do anything read my post here >>36299534

If you're not gaining you're not eating enough, simple.
You want a 200-300 calorie surplus with .82g of protein per lb of lbm for a bulk.
>>
File: oy whey jew.jpg (200 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
oy whey jew.jpg
200 KB, 640x360
>>36299534
you are so full of shit,FOH nigger. protein powder is a waste of money. nothing can replace food. might as well say it can replace water too faggot.
>>
>>36299548

I know you obviously need to train hard.
>>
>>36299534

>>36299548

This is the same shit as saying that cars and bikes are the same thing because they're both means of transportation. Op dont listen to these guys. They are the shitposters of /fit/. Unless you have some strictly planned and controlled diet (you most likely dont) you'll NEVER get the same effect that these things will give you.

But he is right about something: it wont do anything on its own. If you only drink it without training hard enough you'll just get fat
>>
>>36299371
>700 cal/20g protein
I don't like that ratio. I guess if you're really desperate for extra calories, but there's lots of ways to get extra calories into your diet without bombing it like that.
>>
No, it wasn't.

https://labdoor.com/review/bsn-true-mass
>>
>>36299630

>trusting labdoor
>>
>>36299371
>>36299604

Amateur/n00b level lifter here

So what's the point of mass gainer? Isn't it literally just protein powder + sugar and carbs? Can't you just eat sugar and carbs anyway? And surely that stuff just gives you more energy to workout, or just turns into fat? So when they 'mass gainer' they mean 'something that will help your muscle gains, but will also make you fat at the same time'?

Is that the point though? Do these people WANT to increase their BMI?
>>
>>36299726
Wait sorry, I don't mean BMI, I mean body fat percentage.

Rookie mistake
>>
>>36299726
for skinny guys/ people having trouble bulking
helps you get in the calories you need
makes it easier to, as you're drinking them

actually helped me a lot as I could force down extra calories
>>
>>36299815

Does 'bulking' mean putting on muscle, putting on fat, or both?

If it means both (which I think it does) then why do you want to have more fat? What the fuck is the point in that?
>>
>>36299882

It means putting on mass.

If you eat a shit ton and don't work out enough, you'll gain more fat than muscle.

If you eat a shit ton and work out enough, you'll gain more muscle than fat.
>>
>>36299882

because it's easier to build muscle that way, as opposed to building muscle while staying lean.

bulk cut repeat
>>
File: squats-muscle-growth1.jpg (191 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
squats-muscle-growth1.jpg
191 KB, 500x354
>>36299882

Not everyone cares about ottermode and abs, m8. People are willing to go to a higher BF percentage because their strength can increase too. Most olympic weightlifters aren't exactly lean but they can lift enormous weights,.

Then there are the people who take it way too far and become fatsquatters a.k.a pic related.
>>
>>36299901
But why would you want more fat?

>>36299908
Okay... but why does the body need extra carbs to build muscle quicker? I always just thought it was more protein = more muscle (if the amount of working out doesn't change, that is)
>>
>>36299955
>But why would you want more fat?

Well you don't.

That's why it's important to work out as hard as possible (within a program/routine so you don't burn out) so the calories go towards building muscle and not storing as fat.
>>
>>36299548
>.82g per lb
Not even close
>>
>>36299371

I tried this one once and it worked wonders, great gains but the jar doesnt lasts long.

>>36299422

they were bullshitting you to make you buy it, 3 scoops per serving or it wont do shit m8

>>36299462

No its not, 1 scoop would give him like 200 cals, not even close. 3 scoops, its not a product meant to last for 2 months.

>>36299534

"I'm going to fight a guy who has a m16 while I have a knife, its all cool because they're both weapons so they're the same thing!"

>>36299560

OK is this some new meme I'm not aware of? I dont even think I need to discuss this. Please name a balanced meal that can give you all the nutrients a protein shake can and in the same amounts.

3 Rules: It has to be something any average joe can eat (so no lettuce sandwich with fresh egg yolk on top)

It cant be some weird ass combination (No chicken with chocolate topping and a slice of watermelon

it cant be extremely expensive/unfeasible to eat

Protip: you literally fucking cant, thats the whole advantage of proteins, aside from having all those nutrients, it has them in ONE place and its easy to consume, also its LIQUID which your body will absorb faster.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.