[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone managed to fix their forward head posture? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: forwardhead.jpg (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
forwardhead.jpg
13 KB, 400x400
Has anyone managed to fix their forward head posture? I have a pretty long neck so the effect is very pronounced. I've tried various exercises for a few months with no real results. Pls help /fit/
>>
Pls help /fit/

> I've tried various exercises for a few months with no real results.
> a few months with no real results.

Results are there but they're too small for you to notice. A few months it's nothing. Keep at it. You don't need to exercise constantly, just watch your posture every time you move, when you get up and when you sit down, until you do it without even noticing.

Or don't and give up with another couples of month, I don't care.
>>
>>36292438
Swimming fixed my back almost entirely.
But I suggest you to talk with a doctor.
>>
File: brock.png (20 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
brock.png
20 KB, 100x100
Protip that helped me along the road to a better posture:
>place a book beneath your t-shirt
>it falls if you slouch so you have to pull your shoulders back to keep it in place
if walking around with a book on your chest makes you feel goofy then just pretend you're Brock Samson
>>
>>36292438

The shitty posture I used to have (even worse than OP image) was pretty much gone after 4 months of lifting.

You just stand up straight without even trying.

>tfw you sit in a chair and your posture goes to shit

Maybe I should get one of those meme standing desks
>>
>>36292438
flappy arms bruh. did wonders for me.
>tfw used to have EXACTLY the same posture as the left one - vulture neck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
>>
Hey buddy, i hear you got shitty posture, like some kinda vulture with bad eyesight, sitting at a computer all day looking at gore, but ya got to move your head forward to get a good look at all dem brains. Damn son, that's a shame you letting all your gains get hidden away by bad posture.

Well try this ya little shit. Pretend, that means use your imagination, that there is a string connected to the top of your little skull. Now this string, see, is pulling you up like one them string puppets. Imagine what that would mean for your posture. Now old that shit all the time, especially when you lifting them plates.
>>
>>36292774
This. I had pretty bad computer guy posture/slouch and I never tried any specific techniques or targeted anything, but my posture has slowly and surely gotten better just by lifting routinely and strengthening all my muscles.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 485x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 485x322
>tfw I had perfect posture as a kid until I watched 8 Mile
>>
>>36293002
Now your posture is moms spaghetti
>>
>>36292438
get one of these OP, it'll fix your posture in no time
>>
File: 1453342444922.jpg (25 KB, 419x359) Image search: [Google]
1453342444922.jpg
25 KB, 419x359
>>36292846
>>
>>36292774
try the meme sitting on a ball desk

Also yes, just lifting does wonders. One month of SL and rows+ deads plus abs gave me a much straigher posture. I guess stretching helps too
>>
File: 1449419919592.jpg (22 KB, 649x341) Image search: [Google]
1449419919592.jpg
22 KB, 649x341
>>36293071
>>
>>36293002
This. Everttime I watch a movie where a cool guy has bad posture I have bad posture for a week
>>
>>36292438
used to have this, back and traps exercises help this, also gotta be conscious about it all the time at first, then you get used to it.
Also do stretches for the back of your neck (stand with your back against wall, tuck your chin, try to touch the wall with the back of your neck, you won't touch it but you'll feel the stretch). This also helped with removing headaches from sitting at the PC too much.

The biggest effect I'd say is the stretching and conscious adjustment
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.