[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intermittent fasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: trebuchet.jpg (240 KB, 1426x882) Image search: [Google]
trebuchet.jpg
240 KB, 1426x882
Anyone here doing it? I know there have probably been a lot of threads on this subject but it just recenlty got me interested. Did you have any success with it?

You're basically choosing an 8-hour window in which you're allowed to eat and the other 16 you can't eat a single calorie, is that right? Have it currently set up so that I eat from 12.30 until 20.30

pic unrelated
>>
>>36292155
yeah thats the standard daily one, I do 20 hour fast and 4 hour eating period and its helping me so far, Ive only just started it about 2 weeks ago though so I can't talk much about that other than stuff I researched which you can do yourself
>>
>>36292184
Thanks. It just seems so simple, thought I may have missed something
>>
>>36292155
Yeah, I did it to go from about 85kg to 75kg

It was super easy, took about 2mo, basically dieting on easy mode

It was literally as easy as skipping breakfast, eating lunch at 2, and eating dinner before 10
>>
I think it can be really good for limited amounts of time.

For some reason after several months of IF I start to get bad hunger cravings, and I have to expand eating window some.

It still push my breakfast back some, but generally 3 meals a day.

After a few months of more regular eating I feel I can return to IF with good results again.

Also excellent for getting rid of last bits of stubborn fat.

Its a useful tool that has its time and place, but isn't the "end all be all' for every situation.
>>
IF just seems dumb
>oh no I'm a faggot without self-control, let me impose some arbitrary rules that will prevent me from eating all day long like a swine I am!
I mean, if it works for you thats great, but people keep justifying it with cherrypicked researches and pretend like they do it for 'health benefits'. No you don't, bitch. You are doing exactly the same thing as 40 years old soccer moms who impose rules like 'no carbs after 8pm' and follow idiotic diets instead of just fighting their cravings.
>>
>>36292155
falling for the intermittent fasting meme.
Let me guess you watched the vid by that guy who claims it makes a difference.
>>
>>36294338
I felt the opposite, the first 3-4 days I was feeling hungry throughout the day then I just stopped feeling it afterwards
>>
>>36294411
>fattie with no self control detected
>>
>>36294401
Yeah, this is what I'm thinking too. Like really wondering why IF is even a thing when it's all calories in calories out in the end, doesn't matter when the fuck they're had.
>>
>>36294401
If you actually read the animal studies you'd probably be inclined to think otherwise

As far as I know a study with human subjects hasn't been done so there's no definitive proof of the supposed health benefits of fasting in humans. But there's evidence to suggest that IF is actually good for you.
>>
1 month 7 days in.
I only eat once per day, if i get some mad cravings i just eat some veggies to fill myself up.
I swim 3-4 days a week for 2 hours each time, losing fat and getting shredded at quite i good pace
>>
Once you get used to it, it can be amazing for cutting but it's still not for everyone. There's a lot of times where it's hard for me to get in my food and I'm a former fatty that loves eating.
>>
Fucking kicks ass. I have never needed to count anything.

First I just get my feed window right, if I hit a plateau I just eat more keto-like food and less of everything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 5151x3863) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 5151x3863
This is a month of keto IF
>>
>>36292155
I'm doing it. This is my third week. I normally do 20/4, although sometimes I end up going to 16/8 if I work late. I don't think I've had a window longer than 8 hours though.

I find it quite easy to stick to, but that may be because it was already similar to how I was eating anyway.

As a fatty, I find it easier than eating at regular intervals. Very rarely feel hungry and when you get to eat, it feels like you've eaten a lot, although it's no different to a normal days food.

I'm not sure of the science and if only eating in that window is beneficial, but that's not really why I'm doing it. I find IF to be the easiest way to control what I eat and avoid cheating.
>>
File: image.png (34 KB, 294x319) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34 KB, 294x319
I just started doing it kind of accidentally, we'll see how it works. Basically I get up early af for work to hit it at 5am and I have my last meal by 5pm. Don't eat anything after that
>>
>>36297151
good work mang, what's your goal/how long you wanna keep on cutting?
>>
>>36297542
Gonna do another month I'm 200lbs right now so whenever I'm shredded enough ill stop
>>
I've been doing it for about two years now (with short breaks during holidays when I don't have a proper sleeping pattern) and I love it. I can't say if it makes staying lean easier since I can't remember what it was like before I started but it suits me
>>
>>36297278
you'll find the science explained here
http://www.leangains.com
>>
>>36297151
Natty?
>>
>>36295331
There are no animal studies on meme-IF, "Intermittent fasting" in the scientific literature refers to things like alternate day fasting
>>
>>36294712
IF is for us fat fucks who tend to binge, if you binge once a day is better than doing it 3 times a day, so yeah, its obviously calories in/out. IF helps you regulate your lack of will and doing it on the long run helps you curve your appetite (on my own experience)
>>
>>36298126
Intermittent fasting includes alternate day fasting, daily fasting, etc... You'll find a pretty good summary here

http://easacademy.org/trainer-resources/article/intermittent-fasting#bmb=1
>>
File: 1426896864478.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1426896864478.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>36298495
>popsci.iammassivefaggot.info
IF is synonymous with ADF in the scientific literature e.g: http://www.pnas.org/content/100/10/6216.short

meme-IF (intra-day """fasting""") has never been studied in animals, and has no scientific support
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.