[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i increase my vertical?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: spud-dunk.jpg (64 KB, 518x800) Image search: [Google]
spud-dunk.jpg
64 KB, 518x800
In the past year i have been trying too increase my vertical just to jump higher in basketball. I'm 5,9 foot (1,8m), what do i need to train so i can dunk this year?
>>
to finish puberty you fuckin manlet lmao
>>
>>36278196
or you could just give me some real advice.
>>
I'm wondering this also - maybe the explosive olympic lifting movements like cleans.
>>
>5'9
>1,8m
train your brain you mongoloid
>>
>>36278690
This wtf 1.8 would be 5 foot 11
>>
Read this

http://msuathletics.ru/books/bible/vert_jump_bible.pdf
>>
>>36278189
plyometrics
>>
>>36278189

>1,8m

keep dreaming hobbit.
>>
>>36278690
>>36278707
he probably put 5.9 into the ft part of an online converter (and 5.9ft is more like 5'11")
>>
5,8ft
1,8m?
>/fit/
>>
>>36278189
Plyometrics for sure.
Squats, box jumps, sprints
That kinda shit
But you gotta be a gifted jumper to dunk at 5'9"
>>
>>36278189
Vertical is all about genetics lads just like height. You got the short end of the stick.
>>
>>36278795
page 4:
"There are plenty of people who really seem to know
their stuff yet have never practiced what they preach"

kek trappy BTFO
>>
Increase strength - If you are not squatting at least 2x bodyweight for reps, dont even think about dunking. Squat is just a tool to develop leg strength.

Increase speed - A slow jumper is a bad jumper. You need to do the movement as fast as possible. Excess bodyfat is gonna slow you down. Do ladder drills, agility drills, sprints etc.

Increase rate of force development - Learn how to transfer power. Do some explosive plyos and sprints, power cleans etc.

Increase technical efficiency - Learn how to use arms, countermovement, penultimate step, 2-legged jumping vs 1 legged jumping.

There you go. This is literally all you need.

There you go.
>>
>>36278973
Speed and rate of force development is literally the same thing. Solid writeup otherwise.
>>
Learn some post moves faggot.
Dunking is 100% useless.
>>
>>36279948
>dunking is useless

Angry manlet detected.
>>
>>36279997
Im 6'4" and i've been balling for 9 years.
>>
>>36278973
Basically this. Along with this i would recommend training your shoulders a lot too because when your coming into that dunk unless its a cherry-pick your going to have to battle to get above everyone else with the ball. Also please know your limit so many of my friends have gotten injured weight training than actual basketball training.
>>
SS & GOMAD
>>
>>36280022
>6'4"
>post moves
do you play with babbies or something?
>>
Jump training is all about recovery, durability, and treating your muscle system like a learning machine. You need to prioritize quality over quantity.
>>
>>36278189
>Build space station
>Set to 32x gravity
>Build hyperbolic time chamber
>Put on space station
>Train for one year
>Come back jumping like Goku
>>
Why is everyone on /fit/ so fucking short? Do short people just have some obsession with lifting heavy things?
>>
>>36278189
every sub 94kg olympic lifter has an amazing vert
>>
>>36278943
please dont post again, ever
>>
>>36278943
>>36283459
He's actually right, rippetits said so himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wIB_X2N6020#t=34
>inb4 art of manliness
I mean look at that cuck hiding his weak faggot chin behind that mustache
>>
is it easier to dunk if I train hard enough at 6'2" /fit/
>>
>>36278973
>2x bodyweight for reps
Bunch of bullshit
>>
>>36278943
It might be all genetics, but 80 percent of men can dunk on a 11 foot hoop with good training.
>>
>>36285428
you should be able to dunk already you faggot
>>
>>36286201

Not when I'm 235 broh, I need to cut, a LOT
>>
>>36279948
>>36280022

6'6 baller here, dunking is very useful it's basically a 100 percentage shot, always works unless you get fouled hard
>>
>>36278189
plyometrics
heavy, atg, high bar squats for strength
>>
>>36285522
how is that bullshit you fucking dyel
>>
>>36285542
Almost all hoops are 10 feet
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.