[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit, how effective and/or autistic would a workout like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1304919294721.jpg (52 KB, 798x582) Image search: [Google]
1304919294721.jpg
52 KB, 798x582
So /fit,
how effective and/or autistic would a workout like this be? I want to get stronger without actually going to the gym
>>
what the hell is a superman
>>
>>36267953
>I want to get stronger without actually going to the gym

good fucking luck
>>
>>36267953
A set of 20 sit ups is almost negligible, at least get a 20kg or so medicine ball
>>
File: asdghr.jpg (50 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
asdghr.jpg
50 KB, 550x550
>>36267999
>>
File: ca8GzF.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ca8GzF.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>36267953
LEFT/BEFORE: bodyweight circuits, high volume, cardio, calorie controlled diet

RIGHT/AFTER: high weight, low rep, Olympic lifting, high carb high protein diet

you choose
>>
>>36268026
how many reps of a 20 sit ups would you consider as non negligible then? With this workout you get 80 done. Is it better to do more in one set instead of more sets with less? I don't get how it's different to do for eg. 5 sets of 20 sit ups compared to 2 sets of 50.
>>
>>36268065
>high carb
why
>>
>>36268100
They're both negligible because the bodyweight routine you posted is for endurance at most. You aren't going to get bigger or stronger doing a billion sit-ups in any order if you only use your bodyweight the whole time. All you're going to do is acclimate your body to moving it's own weight around and it will never get any stronger than that without adding more weight to the exercise.
>>
>>36268106

>I don't know how bodybuilding works
>>
>>36268124
i see. Not necessarily bad, but i get what you're saying. Thanks
>>
>>36268143
Nice meme, I give it a 5/5. Could be a 6/5 if you actually answered the fucking question.
>>
Strength training is built around progressive overload, i.e you lift more than you did last time and that will make you stronger next time.

If I told you to bench 300lbs every day and you'll see results, you'd tell me you can't do that.
If I told you to bench 100lbs every day and you'll see results, I'd be lying.

Exercise routines that makes you do the same thing daily can only maintain, they can't make you stronger.
>>
>>36267953

I did the 100 push ups and 100 sit ups program for probably 2 years, then I did P90X3 for 90 days, and finally I started lifting.

If I had to do it all over again I wish I had just lifted the whole time, I would be stronger and my body would look better.
>>
File: 1446351279565.jpg (133 KB, 476x507) Image search: [Google]
1446351279565.jpg
133 KB, 476x507
>>36267953
Pretty Facebook-tier, mate.
>>
>>36268065
after would be hard or even impossible to reach with calisthenics but they will take you higher than the before.
>>
>>36268124
https://www.strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/

this article seems to say hypertrophy (adding size) is not as strongly linked to how heavy you're lifting as strength is.
>>
>>36267999
Superman is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. He was created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #1 (cover-dated June 1938) and subsequently appeared in various radio serials, newspaper strips, television programs, films, and video games. With this success, Superman helped to create the superhero genre and establish its primacy within the American comic book.
>>
Whenever I see a bodyweight routine that says "do X number of pushups", I always read it as "do as many pushups as you can." I don't know why you'd stop at 30 or whatever if you CAN do more.
>>
>>36268194
>Exercise routines that makes you do the same thing daily can only maintain, they can't make you stronger.
You mean you'll eventually plateau? If I did ten push-ups a day (I don't even exert myself) I would undoubtedly be stronger after two months of that. If the argument is calisthenics will lead to a plateau, it doesn't really matter as long as the plateau is high enough to satisfy what you want in terms of strength, endurance and hypertrophy and calisthenics will achieve that sometimes.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.