[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does exercising on empty stomach in the morning bring any additional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1457012849001.jpg (95 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457012849001.jpg
95 KB, 768x1024
Does exercising on empty stomach in the morning bring any additional benefits?
>>
only if you are a steroid head
>>
>>36265992
You'll have less energy but you'll adapt to it pretty good.
>>
>>36265992
Cardio yes
Weightlifting no
>>
Men perform better empty, women perform better full.
>>
>>36266159
What? It that was the case powerlifters would go into the contest fasted.
>>
>>36266189
Think it's a sex pun
>>
>>36266159
Yes, that is exactly why the old saying goes
"An army can only fight on an empty stomach"

Cardio on an empty stomach has a bad habit of burning more muscle tissue up than cardio after a light breakfast.
>>
>>36265992
did someone paint that suit on him?
>>
>>36266226
Only if your body does not have essential amino acids. You can do cardio in a fasted state and only burn fat, but you should have some form of essential amino acids beforehand. Half a scoop of 100% whey should keep you in a fasted state, and mitigate any muscle loss.

Also, unless your doing like 45 minutes or more of intense cardio, you could probably get away with an empty stomach entirely without any issues. The body will only attack lean mass in extreme cases or when it is in starvation mode.
>>
>>36265992
see klokov
but he's a pro
>>
>>36266139
>>36266226
so who's right
>>
>>36266890
this
>>
>>36266189
The studies show that there are benefits to training fasted, not competing. Advice is: Train fasted sometimes, but compete fed.
>>
>>36265992
Fasted you'll have less glycogen available in your muscles.

For cardio, the theory is that you will have to rely more on aerobic beta oxidation (fat metabolism) for energy, as you won't have the carbohydrates necessary to rely entirely on glycolytic metabolism.

Not sure on the actual applicability of it. I feel like it might give you a very slight edge on losing fat at best. It all comes down to the degree to which you store glycogen, how depleted you are from sleeping, and your ability to perform at similar intensities in a depleted state. I'm on my phone, if anyone wants to look for studies on Fasted exercise and fat metabolism.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.