[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do mass gainers work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: SKkgqUK.jpg (826 KB, 3718x2092) Image search: [Google]
SKkgqUK.jpg
826 KB, 3718x2092
I've been taking a mass gainer for two months now and I actually haven't got any bigger. Not even a 1kg?

I had two friends who took mass gainer and they're pretty big. They use a different brand but I'm pretty sure they're all the same.

So should I switch brands or just continue? Or do they just not work altogether?
>>
>>36263535

you also need to be eating. Its all about surplus calories dude.
>>
>>36263535

Are you working out hard enough, are you eating enough?
>>
eat more
>>
>>36263535
You can eat or drink whatever you want, unless you take in more calories than you use up you won't gain any weight.
>>
Just eat more food faggot, carbs mostly if ur bulking. Have u heard of bread??? Yea that stuff works. Stop buying a powder for everything thinking its gonna do better than real food
>>
For me they did work (650 cal each) but that was also because i was eating more. Altho i got gained alittle too much too fast
>>
>>36263535
Magic doesn't work.
>>
>>36263535
>there are people RIGHT NOW taking mass gainers and pwo

Top jej
>>
File: 3210987654321.jpg (42 KB, 456x456) Image search: [Google]
3210987654321.jpg
42 KB, 456x456
>>36263535
>mass gainer
its called food you invertebrate
>>
>>36263535
This is the kind of shoe that looks good in pictures like this, but shit in real life

Also kcal in vs kcal out - read the sticky
>>
>>36263535
Do you know how mass gainers work lad?
>>
>>36263561
I'm obviously not eating enough if I'm taking mass gainer you inbred.

>>36264672
Well that's what I'm trying to find out, because they don't seem to work.

>>36264429
I still eat food, I take the powder to build muscle
>>
>>36264981
Fuck off spastic, learn how to count calories and measuring TDEE
>>
>>36263535
Mass gainers are just carbohydrates and protein. They do not, contrary to their name, have any special thing that makes you gain mass. For Christ's sake don't take advertising at face value.

It mostly a scam, it's protein powder with sugar mixed in.
>>
>>36263535

youre a fucking moron
>>
>>36264981
>That's what I'm trying to find out

They are calories in powder form to make you able to get in more calories easier. Drinking your calories is easier than eating them so for those people who have a hard time eating a lot or for people that have 10000 calorie diets they're used to simply be able to get in more calories.

It's not magic. There is no chemical in them that makes you build muscle. It's just a powdered mix of protein, carbs and fat, depending on the brand. Some have a little fat in them and the more expensive ones have more protein and the cheap ones have pretty much just carbs. It's a food substitute.

Track calories. Just do it.
>>
>>36265003
Inbred

>>36265038
>>36265016
OK so you guys are saying it's just normal food. I'm not saying you're wrong but maybe you got the brands mixed up. On mine and a few others it's got other chemicals apart from protein for muscle building. I forgot most of them but there's like leucine, amino acids, vitamins and creatine.

Also you're completely wrong about the sugar thing. It literally says no added sugar.
>>
>>36264981
>I still eat food, I take the powder to build muscle
lmao
massgainers are there just to add calories, i think they're usually around 1000, so if you're eating 1000 less calories then you need to be at maintenance then drinking a massgainer will put you at maintenance and you will not gain any weight
>>
>>36265101
>leucine, amino acids
Leucine is an amino acid and amino acids are proteins.
>>
>>36265101
Leucine is an amino acid and amino acids are proteins. While in some studies leucine specifically have been linked to increased protein synthesis it's just another word for protein. And there are vitamins in food, you know.

Now creatine is a super cheap supplement that has been proven to work. A little bit. A lot of times companies add a small amount of cheap supplements to a larger compound to be able to charge more and in 9 cases out of 10 you'll be better off buying a cheaper gainer and add in creatine by itself.

What you should know about creatine and leucine supplementation is that while they do work they add a VERY small amount. A good rule of thumb for supplements is that if they work well, they'd be illegal. Is a 1-2% increase worth it? Sure, for some, but it won't mean shit unless you eat enough calories and get enough sleep.

TLDR:
It's basically like normal food, although you should NOT substitute it for normal food. It's a way to get some extra calories in but if you can it's always better to get real food (fuck you piano).
>>
>>36265169
>>36265136
So you're just going to ignore the vitamins. Can you tell me why real food is better? Like some actual reason. Tbh what you're saying sounds like "bro" science. But thanks for the help so far.
>>
>>36263535
ever heard of calories in vs calories out? just wondering
>>
>>36265202
>Ignore the vitamins
I just said that food contains vitamins. There are vitamins broccoli. Eat that. The metabolic system is very complex and we don't have full knowledge of everything. What studies suggest are that vitamins and other micro nutrients are way more effective when coming from vegetables and meat than when coming from a pill. Some even seem to point towards vitamin supplementation not being effective at all. Getting all your food from a shake would in that regard be sub optimal. Not even beginning to talk about the shits you're going to have without getting in any fiber.
>>
sup wit trols on fit these days
>>
File: enough.jpg (49 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
49 KB, 803x688
>>36263535
>>36264981
>>36265101
>>36265202
>I'm obviously not eating enough if I'm taking mass gainer you inbred.
Fuck you. You don't deserve advice. Die a tiny man.
>>
>shoe that looks good in pictures

What? You think that looks good in the picture? What the hell is wrong with you? It looks like the kind of ridiculous trendy "urban" shit that some clownish nignog would wear.
>>
>>36265242
OK I didn't phrase my question properly. I was asking why you guys both suggested real food for building muscle. I thought whey was the most bioavailable form of protein. It requires the least amount of protein to release leucine threshold. Sorry if I come of as arrogant I just really want to know if I wasted my money.

>>36265345
Bro you're probably tiny as well. Show us your physique you inbred. Make sure to leave out any of your inbred deformaties.
>>
>>36265713
Lmao @ people like you. Post what you wear, you probably wear new balance and cargo shorts. Stay poor while I wear my black Medusa shades.
>>
>>36265768
Eggs have the highest bioavailability
>>
File: 1448645258095.jpg (138 KB, 1075x603) Image search: [Google]
1448645258095.jpg
138 KB, 1075x603
>>36263535
Kek there is no magic in a fucking mass gainer you "inbred". If you are not eating enough, you are not growing bigger, if you are eating enough, you are getting bigger. Protein are protein, calories are calories, you can't cheat chemistry.

As it has already been said in this thread, mass gainers only helps to down more nutrients if you are picky eater baby bitch boy and can't make yourself eat more or find the food that you enjoy eating in large amounts.
>>
>>36266006
Right below whey.
>>
The entire point of mass gainers is they make it easy to get lots of calories, if you're not getting enough calories though you're defeating the purpose of having it, read the fucking sticky you piece of shit. They're p much overpriced rip offs anyways though because you can always just eat more fucking calories. But congrats on wasting like 50$ OP
>>
>>36267935
Why do you even trip. You're hopeless
>>
but hes right breh your waisting money. you meed to learn to eat more. youd better spend your money on protien than weight gainer
>>
>>36263535
mass gainers market their product at like 700 calories a serving

>serving size 7 scoops
>>
>>36268421
Yeah I've found this

>Put 4 scoops in per serving
>Suggested to be used twice a day
>>
Since we're kinda on the subject of trying to get to a calorie surplus, anyone got any snack ideas? I usually get really hungry and usually go for a spoonful of peanut butter but wanted to see what everyone else does
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.